GDT: SDSU vs ISU 6:35 CHI Health truTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

They have to feel good only down 7 after that opening blitz. Worried about the ISU depth wearing us down as the second half goes on.
    We don’t have depth because he refuses to play anybody else. Been a problem all year.

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
      No kidding on those fouls!! Geez ref…you have $$$$ on ISU. Usually I just let the game play out but this isn’t wrestling. Those fouls were so obvious
      that is OBVIOUSLY exactly what otz wants. it is garbage.

Comment

They eventually called them fairly again... We're currently sitting in double bonus, while they're only in single bonus.

I don't think our problem tonight is short bench. Guys aren't looking overly gassed at this point despite playing one of the most physical teams in the country. Just not hitting shots at all. Teams that pull off the unexpected upsets don't have a -20% shooting margin compared to their opponent. One of these years shots will fall.....

Comment

Originally posted by JacksRiseUp View Post

We don’t have depth because he refuses to play anybody else. Been a problem all year.
          Creighton for one and plenty of other teams play only 7 or 8. the ONLY WAY you can play more than 8 guys consistently is if you want to full court trap the entire game. and come tourney time good teams do not get beaten by the trap. i can only think of one team that has won a championship in the last 45 years, being mostly a trapping team, but they were so talented they would have won regardless of what style they played

even one of the coaches talking between games, was asked about a team that only plays 7 or 8, he said if you have your top 7 or 8 healthy at the end of the year that is plenty. it is very difficult to keep chemistry playing more than 8 because nobody knows when they are gonna play

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
            They eventually called them fairly again... We're currently sitting in double bonus, while they're only in single bonus.

I don't think our problem tonight is short bench. Guys aren't looking overly gassed at this point despite playing one of the most physical teams in the country. Just not hitting shots at all. Teams that pull off the unexpected upsets don't have a -20% shooting margin compared to their opponent. One of these years shots will fall.....
            exactly right rahrah. not only did we not shoot well, but i think ISU has been pretty easily the hottest shooting team we have ever played in the tourney. all of us knew this was an uphill battle when we got this pairing. ISU is not exactly a great shooting team and they have hardly missed a thing today

Comment

total push in the back on Barnhart after they miss the layup on the backdoor cut

Comment

if ISU can shoot anything remotely like that the rest of the way, I wish i would have put 5 bucks on them to win the whole thing

Comment

Wish we had the players back that we lost through the portal

Comment

We have lost far fewer than others, we are lucky there. But yah, Baylor would have made a difference

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                      total push in the back on Barnhart after they miss the layup on the backdoor cut
                      Noticed that too, eh?

They were hooking Mayo's arm throughout the game too

Comment

Hoped to be able to see Appel, Mims, and Mayo in a few more games, but I'm grateful for opportunity I had to follow their Jacks careers.

Here's to Garry's injury not being too severe and for all of the portal chatter to be quelled relatively early in the offseason

Comment

Heck of a season for the guys, at one point of the season it looked like even this would have been a pipe dream. Men played tough today, but just didn't hit enough shots and were a bit too careless with the ball. As it often goes, the jump in physicality and quickness from Summit League play is a difficult adjustment, although we can all agree it seemed the refs were calling it wildly soft much of the time tonight too.

No hard feelings towards Otz and Iowa State - wish them nothing but the best moving forward! They are a wildly talented team, and could sure make a heck of a run here. Not gonna wear any of that awful gaudy red... but I'll shoot a "woop woop" their way when they're on.

Mims, Appel, and Easley... you all had great careers, and will be greatly missed! You all carried yourselves with a toughness and determination that embodies our Jackrabbit heart. The rest of the team - reload, improve, and come back strong next year! Obviously we'll see who comes back and who doesn't... Appreciate everything Mayo and WK3 have done --- but would love to see them in Jackrabbit blue once again.

Disappointing night, but proud of these guys. It's always a great day to be a Jackrabbit!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                            Sounds like a knee for Garry. Not good.
                            Zimmer just tweeted that he talked with Hendo after the press conference and he said that it isn't a serious injury. Best news of the night if true.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
                              Heck of a season for the guys, at one point of the season it looked like even this would have been a pipe dream. Men played tough today, but just didn't hit enough shots and were a bit too careless with the ball. As it often goes, the jump in physicality and quickness from Summit League play is a difficult adjustment, although we can all agree it seemed the refs were calling it wildly soft much of the time tonight too.

No hard feelings towards Otz and Iowa State - wish them nothing but the best moving forward! They are a wildly talented team, and could sure make a heck of a run here. Not gonna wear any of that awful gaudy red... but I'll shoot a "woop woop" their way when they're on.

Mims, Appel, and Easley... you all had great careers, and will be greatly missed! You all carried yourselves with a toughness and determination that embodies our Jackrabbit heart. The rest of the team - reload, improve, and come back strong next year! Obviously we'll see who comes back and who doesn't... Appreciate everything Mayo and WK3 have done --- but would love to see them in Jackrabbit blue once again.

Disappointing night, but proud of these guys. It's always a great day to be a Jackrabbit!

this team never hung their head and never gave up. there were times when many thought the season was lost. they kept working and they really found their groove in the last month!!! honestly today hurts, but this was VERY obviously a tough matchup for us and everyone knew it. zero talk this year about us being a good team to pick for an upset- there is a reason for that

and YET, Isu had one of their top shooting nights of the year and we had long stretches when we really struggled. and YES some will say maybe they shot well because of our defense. WELL, i thought we did have some defensive lapses, but they also hit a LOT of shots that were extremely well contested

if they shoot somewhat normal and we shoot a bit better, this could have very easily been a 5 or 6 or 7 point game. basically two possessions. when ISU plays a team that they are NOT favored against and the refs blow a tight whistle on them they will probably be done

i hate that style of defense. if the choice for otz as Jacks coach was football style defense or no defense, i appreciate that he choose none. i never want to see a Jacks team daring the refs to blow the whistle on every possession

for next year- first hopefully Garry will be healthy for all or most of the year!! I feel like there is a solid chance Zeke and WK are back. seems Zeke really appreciates the opportunity he has had as a Jackrabbit. word is that Lillard told him over the Summer that if he is good enough the NBA will find him no matter what school he is at and he does not need leave someplace he is happy and chase the nba

I believe if Zeke does come back, he will be more aggressive about taking over games like todays. I believe sometimes he was a bit overly deferential to the seniors. today, our best chance was definitely having Zeke go for 30 plus kinda like the Oakland guy did- but not meaning he has to do it all from 3

Comment

The Jacks just have never shot well in the NCAA tournament.
                                0-7 all time low. Proud of the guys for the way they fought this season. Hopefully they can bring back the non-seniors but with the way CBB is now who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X