Jacks v Cyclones in Omaha 3/21/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks v Cyclones in Omaha 3/21/24

We meet the #2 seed Fightn' Otzelburgers in Omaha on Thursday. Iowa State is playing very well. I think I saw some prognosticators gave ISU a 79% chance to win this one. Good opportunity to make a lot of noise. Keep in mind Hendo knows Otz. Go Jacks!!

Tip time is at 635 PM on TruTV. Tickets are going to be very difficult to come by with multiple regional fan bases that travel well. Should be quite an atmosphere. Iowa stormed through the Big 12 Tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
      Tip time is at 635 PM on TruTV. Tickets are going to be very difficult to come by with multiple regional fan bases that travel well. Should be quite an atmosphere. Iowa stormed through the Big 12 Tourney.
      the espn bracket is not very good and i have not spent time looking for another one. are there only 4 teams at each site? i believe that is correct, yes? so we have Us, ISU, Drake plus whoever Drake plays, i think WSU in omaha. gotta believe ISU has the biggest group of fans and beyond that plenty of Drake fans might also be ISU fans (i do have a daughter who went to ISU so I will have to ask her, but maybe i am wrong about this. maybe there is like a big hatred or rivalry between ISU and Drake fans???), so there will probably not be a lot of opportunity to get the crowd rooting for the underdog

wonder how WSU feels about being the 7 coming half way across the country to play a 10 seed playing a few hours from home.

Comment

Iowa State is playing extremely well and they are very good. So that's definitely a tough draw.
        One of the college basketball gurus on twitter was making a case they could have been a one seed. (I can remember if it was Rothstein or Davis, or who)

But, it's the tournament...and we have an extremely veteran team. And, they just played out of their heads good against a very good Houston team...so maybe we catch them being a little overconfident?
        (We can hope anyway.)

Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
          But, it's the tournament...and we have an extremely veteran team. And, they just played out of their heads good against a very good Houston team...so maybe we catch them being a little overconfident?
          (We can hope anyway.)

Go Jacks!
          The last few years I've kind of been paying attention to this. It's pretty crazy how often a team gets hot, wins a conference tournament and then ****s the bed in the NCAA's. One always thinks, man this team is on a roll and that will carry over into next weekend.

Not saying ISU will **** the bed, but I'm also confident they aren't almost 30 points better than Houston.

One thing about ISU they don't shoot the 3 great and they aren't all that big. Robert Jones played for DU his freshman year and is their main big guy at 6'-10". Most P5 teams have much more size than ISU has. If we can take care of the ball and not turn the ball over, I like our chances of keeping this close.

Comment

Has anyone seen anything from the athletic dept on tickets? I saw ISU sent out to their fans they have 400. It's going to be hard to find a good seat down there I think.

Comment

Has anyone seen anything from the athletic dept on tickets? I saw ISU sent out to their fans they have 400. It's going to be hard to find a good seat down there I think.
              Not really what you were asking but. They said on WNAX that only Jackrabbit club members could request tickets for the first and second rounds for the women's games in Spokane. (through the SDSU ticket dept.)

Comment

I looked last night and there was a bunch available on the secondary market. Probably not going to find any "deals".

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I looked last night and there was a bunch available on the secondary market. Probably not going to find any "deals".
                  Just looked on Stub Hub. There are 318 options with 2 tickets starting at ~$150 per ticket. Just get a ticket and get in the door. You won't regret it. I've been to 1 NCAA tournament and it was incredible even though we lost.

Comment

So I haven't watched Iowa State at all this year, but I usually kind of follow them because TJ is there, and they have had a good season.

Reading some of the tournament previews, they sound like a team that is very good defensively, cause the most turnovers in the nation basically.

They aren't great offensively. But they are good. On the Iowa State board they said to just "go into the paint over and over".

IF... IF we can take care of the basketball. I like our chances. Especially if they aren't hitting jump shots, they are not known as being a great shooting team.

We've got a chance. But it's a small one. One of the best teams, and the conference tournament champions, out of the best conference in the Nation.

It's going to take a LOT. They're good.

Comment

That is slim numbers. There is 18,000 seats in the venue and there is only 1600 tickets for a session of 4 teams. Team family & staff family will gobble up a bunch of those tickets. You might need to get your name on the wall of First Bank & Trust Arena to score a Jackrabbit Club ticket.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I really hope that SDSU can avoid being the "sexy upset pick" this time around vs. the Clones. That hasn't worked out well for us in the past.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                          So I haven't watched Iowa State at all this year, but I usually kind of follow them because TJ is there, and they have had a good season.

Reading some of the tournament previews, they sound like a team that is very good defensively, cause the most turnovers in the nation basically.

They aren't great offensively. But they are good. On the Iowa State board they said to just "go into the paint over and over".

IF... IF we can take care of the basketball. I like our chances. Especially if they aren't hitting jump shots, they are not known as being a great shooting team.

We've got a chance. But it's a small one. One of the best teams, and the conference tournament champions, out of the best conference in the Nation.

It's going to take a LOT. They're good.
                          Robert Jones, who spent 2 years at Denver is their starting post. Lipsey and Gilbert are the starting guards, they are really good. In the games I've seen, they run at least 8 in the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

the espn bracket is not very good and i have not spent time looking for another one. are there only 4 teams at each site? i believe that is correct, yes? so we have Us, ISU, Drake plus whoever Drake plays, i think WSU in omaha. gotta believe ISU has the biggest group of fans and beyond that plenty of Drake fans might also be ISU fans (i do have a daughter who went to ISU so I will have to ask her, but maybe i am wrong about this. maybe there is like a big hatred or rivalry between ISU and Drake fans???), so there will probably not be a lot of opportunity to get the crowd rooting for the underdog

wonder how WSU feels about being the 7 coming half way across the country to play a 10 seed playing a few hours from home.
                            Thursday, March 21: First round
                            Region Matchup Time (ET) TV channel/Live stream
                            East 6 BYU vs. 11 Duquesne 12:40 p.m. truTV, Sling
                            East 3 Illinois vs. 14 Morehead St 3:10 p.m. truTV, Sling
                            East 2 Iowa St vs. 15 South Dakota St 7:35 p.m. truTV, Sling
                            East 7 Washington St vs. 10 Drake 10:05 p.m. truTV, Sling

Comment

Working...
                            X