GDT: Denver vs SDSU SLT Championship 8:30 Premier Center CBSSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

dont think i am ever going to understand this!! what was TJ plan for defense when he was here? aaahh forget about it lets play more offense

it would be nice to get someone on an actual neutral floor where fans are inclined to start rooting for the underdog
    I think the difference was likely the players, not Otz. I don't think he suddenly learned how to coach defense at UNLV.

Comment

dont think i am ever going to understand this!! what was TJ plan for defense when he was here? aaahh forget about it lets play more offense

it would be nice to get someone on an actual neutral floor where fans are inclined to start rooting for the underdog
      Otz inserted the 1-3-1 defense. Obviously it was abandoned before the conference tourney.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I think the difference was likely the players, not Otz. I don't think he suddenly learned how to coach defense at UNLV.
        OBVIOUSLY he knew how to coach D before he got to brookings. one of his big influences is a Bennett. and sure the players are different, but Tevin was a very good defender and Flatten had the skills to be a guy who could guard at least 3 positions VERY WELL. i believe DJ also had the ability but they seemed to NEVER even try to make him a good defender. he seemed totally uninterested in defense and they let him get away with it

Daum was very good at defending while also focusing on never picking up silly fouls that would impact his offense

it still seems to me something changed in TJ philosophy. the Jacks teams he had could have been very defense focused with pretty much everyone but Daum prioritizing the defensive end of the floor. instead most of the players who played for Otz seemed to play defense like they were waiting to get to the other end of the floor

Telly was at least an average defender, but his focus seemed to be more about offense
        Flatten really seemed built to be a D and 3 guy, who could be a super and versatile defender, but there seemed way more focus on the 3s and dunks and I dont think he was ever more than an average defender

DJ was a flat out awful defender

anyway. good for TJ. he always seemed like a super good guy and always seemed like ISU was the place he wanted to be. good for him he got to be there and has had a solid beginning to his tenure

Comment

apparently this is the place we will be having general postseason discussion. something that I found noteworthy-t
          Just a reminder that it's pretty easy to start a new thread (and oftentimes a good idea). Now that the bracket has been announced, I'll start a new thread.

Comment

Working...
          X