GDT: Denver vs SDSU SLT Championship 8:30 Premier Center CBSSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Cheap one by Bruner on Gerry. No question he blasted him on purpose.
    Bruner had a couple of those in Brookings. One was called flagrant and the second was intentional when he was benched by the coach for the rest of the game. He does not seem to have patience for being guarded closely.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Bruner had a couple of those in Brookings. One was called flagrant and the second was intentional when he was benched by the coach for the rest of the game. He does not seem to have patience for being guarded closely.
      Yes, based on that alone that one should have been upgraded to a F1 IMO.

Comment

Montana St does us a favor. We surely moved up one spot with their win in the Big Sky

Comment

I figured it was over when Montana went up 11 with 17 minutes left and then they scored 6 points over the next 12 minutes. This was the last conference championship game until Saturday.
          Stony Brook (Charleston proj 13 seed - won by 3) and Milwaukee (Oakland 14 seed - won by 7) were some other ones I was keeping an eye on yesterday.

Comment

Great season from the guys. And yes, we had to hold on, but these guys are only human...they started scoreboard watching a bit...but I felt the officials started letting Denver get away with some stuff.
            (which also happens sometimes when a game has a large advantage. Officials are human too, and want to go home)

Could we have expected anything less from this bunch? We always have to struggle for a portion of the game it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              Great season from the guys. And yes, we had to hold on, but these guys are only human...they started scoreboard watching a bit...but I felt the officials started letting Denver get away with some stuff.
              (which also happens sometimes when a game has a large advantage. Officials are human too, and want to go home)

Could we have expected anything less from this bunch? We always have to struggle for a portion of the game it seems.
              Would have liked to see more ball pressure in the last 3 or 4 minutes. Denver's PG was flying the length of the floor with the ball- they were scoring, or at least getting shots in 10 seconds after getting the ball inbounds.

Comment

apparently this is the place we will be having general postseason discussion. something that I found noteworthy-

James Madison MBB went 31-3 this year
                in their 3 game conference tournament, which they won, Noah averages 17.3 points, had 8 boards, 8 assists, 5 blocked shots, and only one TO. he led the Dukes in minutes played in 2 of the 3 games.

during everything going down at the end of his time with the Jacks, it was often expressed that he would always be a Jackrabbit (I know i said it and meant it and others said it also, maybe some feel different) congratulations to Noah! I am happy to see him doing well

back to more directly Jackrabbit centered conversation, the Jacks are going to be playing a very good team in the first round and will be heavy underdogs!! that said, there is not exactly a 1990 UNLV or a Christian Laetner Duke or a Phi Slamma Jamma in this years NCAA. the Jacks have unquestionably been playing their best basketball of the year in the last 3 to 4 weeks!! That is what EVERY coach hopes and plans for as they prepare for a season

If WK can block a shot or two or throw down a couple monster jams, that could possibly get the crowd pulling for the jacks. we NEED Zeke to play like he did in Grand Forks plus a bit more. it will be an uphill battle, but this team has it within their capability to pull off an all time March Madness moment

Comment

The experience of this squad, will give us a good shot. Especially if we play a bunch of high recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    The experience of this squad, will give us a good shot. Especially if we play a bunch of high recruits.
                    I think a team like Houston or Iowa State that defend like heck would be about the worst thing that could happen. Houston is going to be seeded too high to be our matchup I'm assuming. Iowa State is a possibility. The story lines from that matchup.....ooof.

If Purdue hadn't gotten beat last year as a 1 seed I'd say I wouldn't mind playing them, but again they are going to be seeded too high to matchup with us too. Big Ten basketball is and has been pretty crappy for several years. The talking TV heads like to talk up all the good Big Ten teams but in reality, there is 2 at best. I predict Purdue will be the first 1 seed sent home again this year.

Like past years we are really going to have to shoot the 3 well to have any shot of a win. Our bigs are great in the Summit but aren't likely to dominate against a P5 team.

Comment

some championship games to keep an eye on (looking strictly at NET and not specifics) that would cause movement at some of the higher seeds

projected 15 seeds actual AQ: Colgate (125), SDSU (135) and the two proj 15 AQ teams that lost today: Sam Houston State (152) and Quinnipac (158)
                      projected 14 seeds actual AQ: Morehead State (105), Oakland (126) and the two proj 14 AQ teams that play tomorrow Vermont (102) and Akron (111)

ongoing (semifinal):
                      UC Irvine (NET 73 proj 13 seed) and Long Beach State (NET 173) -> the other Big West teams remaining Hawai'i (169) and UC Davis (168). UCI is up 1 with 6 minutes left

tomorrow:
                      Vermont (NET 102 proj 14 seed) UMass Lowell (NET 142) -- America East Championship 10 am ESPN2/ESPN+ Umass Lowell probably surpasses Jacks NET with win
                      Akron (NET 111 proj 14 seed) and Kent State (17-16 NET 172) -- MAC Championship 6:30pm ESPN2/ESPN+
                      assuming UCI (NET 73 proj 13 seed) is still alive vs Hawai'i (169)/UCD(168) -- Big West Championship 8:30 pm ESPN2/ESPN+

Comment

With UCI loss yesterday, Colgate is now projected to be a 14 seed.
                        Long Beach State is going to be one of the feel-good stories for the week. On Monday, it was announced Dan Monson (former Gopher coach) and Long Beach State agreed to a "mutual separation" at the end of the season, and now they've won the Big West Tournament

Two final games to keep an eye on tomorrow:
                        Yale (proj 13 NET 83) and Brown (13-17 NET 193)
                        UAB (proj 13 NET 107) and Temple (16-19 NET 198) -- if Temple advances, that'll be another interesting story since their game earlier this month was flagged for point shaving

Comment

Iowa St is on a roll. I really don't want to see them, especially in Omaha (they will sell the place out even though we will have a decent following).

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                            Iowa St is on a roll. I really don't want to see them, especially in Omaha (they will sell the place out even though we will have a decent following).
                            Of all the projected two seeds, Marquette might be the best matchup for the Jacks, especially with their PG having been out with an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                              Agree with this. They play incredible defense which doesn’t slump.

But I will say this. Going on a roll and winning a conference tournament doesn’t always translate to success in the dance.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Agree with this. They play incredible defense which doesn’t slump.

But I will say this. Going on a roll and winning a conference tournament doesn’t always translate to success in the dance.
                                dont think i am ever going to understand this!! what was TJ plan for defense when he was here? aaahh forget about it lets play more offense

it would be nice to get someone on an actual neutral floor where fans are inclined to start rooting for the underdog

Comment

Working...
                                X