GDT: Tommies vs Jackrabbits Semifinal 6pm Premier Center Midco/SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Tommies vs Jackrabbits Semifinal 6pm Premier Center Midco/SLN

The discipline of the Tommies running the offense overwhelmed the bison. Their defense disrupted NDSU & limited 2nd chance points with 13 turnovers as well. The Tommies used 3 guys off the bench with significant minutes which should have saved some time for starters. #35 Fr Bjerke was 4-5 from 3pt. He was also 4-5 in the Brookings game turning in 16 points. He requires attention on the floor. SDSU will likely play better defense than NDSU. It will be important today to stop St Thomas. I look forward to the Jackrabbits continue their trajectory for the semifinal. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

They are a good team.

Jackrabbits are going to have to play well, but have been the last few weeks.

Also, congratulations to St. Thomas as becoming the "random team I dislike" over Oral Roberts.

They play hard, they do things right, they just bother me.

Comment

Stand around and shoot 3's, get the damn ball inside. Playing right into St. Thomas hands.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
        Stand around and shoot 3's, get the damn ball inside. Playing right into St. Thomas hands.
        St Thomas is doubling inside, but I would like to see more touches in the paint. Try to out-physical them.
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post

St Thomas is doubling inside, but I would like to see more touches in the paint. Try to out-physical them.
          Work inside out, we are taking way too many 3's early in the shot clock without a post touch.

Comment

Kelly liked that flop on the St Thomas 3
            Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Our offense is awful tonight. Just not sure what we are trying to run or accomplish. Get Kyle involved. Appel needs to stop trying to play point guard.

Comment

10 minutes to go recap. Mayo has been fouled about 20 times and only called 1 or 2 of them. We are setting for 3s we dont need and the tommies are making the game by just making the game ugly. I mean that as a compliment though. Also arent illegal screens a thing anymore. Seems the tommies offense is centered around illegal screens to free players up.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

A bit ugly, but a win is a win.
                  Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Survive and advance.

There have been years where it felt like we were just cruising into this tourney. This year feels like a building crescendo since that win in Omaha.

Comment

That's the best defense I've seen the Jacks play in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        That's the best defense I've seen the Jacks play in a long time.
                        That felt like a Scott Nagy special

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post

That felt like a Scott Nagy special
                          we got outrebounded by 3. Nagy would puke if he knew someone wanted to attach his name to that. haha! I do get your point. this one felt very much like one of the SLT games from Nagy's final year. (Daum year #1) not looking at the history yet, but I recall at least 2 rough scoring games in that one. maybe 2 and a half. I think Deondre finally got pretty hot in the second half of the final. i am pretty sure I recall both round 1 and 2, being WAY TOO close for comfort. I know we beat Denver in a nail biter (do not remember which round) pretty sure it was one of the MANY times we played NDSU in the final, after losing on Alexanders late game winning 3 the year before

Comment

Man, tough crowd here. Team played hard, showed guts and got the job done. St. Thomas is good. or at least talented.

One more game to go.

Comment

Glad the Jacks put St Thomas in their place.

my grad school alma mater is Marquette and we get to hear from St Thomas fans that they will be in the Big East in five years so the Big East should respect them now.

Comment

Working...
                              X