GDT: Tommies vs Jackrabbits Senior Day 2pm Frost Arena SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Tommies vs Jackrabbits Senior Day 2pm Frost Arena SLN

7-6 St Thomas comes to Brookings in a 3 way tie for 3rd place. This ought to be a tough game for the Tommies after scoring only 50 points Thursday in Fargo. Grad transfer Anthony will get a dose of Mims & Easley defense. Anthony only managed 7 points in Fargo. Anthony averages 32 minutes in conference and he shoots 50%fg & 49% 3pt. Bjorklund is the next in scoring. Blue & Dobbs will also join the double figure guys. St Thomas takes care of the ball as they average 8.2 turnovers in conference play. The seniors will be recognized prior to tip at 2pm. It will be a great day to make it to Frost to show this team support. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

All year I've been waiting for our perimeter defense to improve. Every game, same story. We are terrible with guarding screens. Just a step slow, not communicating, etc.

Comment

Jacks stumble into halftime allowing a 16-2 run. Terrible defense on both the perimeter and inside - people just getting lost.

Comment

i cannot understand why Appel is on the floor at the end of games when we go with 4 guards. I know WK does not shoot good FTs but Appel is just as bad and WK is better in EVERY other part of the game

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
          i cannot understand why Appel is on the floor at the end of games when we go with 4 guards. I know WK does not shoot good FTs but Appel is just as bad and WK is better in EVERY other part of the game
          I would be thrilled if I never have to see him bring the ball up the floor ever again. Have to give Zeke a bunch of credit for gutting it out after tweaking his back. It definitely was bothering him the rest of the way after he went down.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I would be thrilled if I never have to see him bring the ball up the floor ever again. Have to give Zeke a bunch of credit for gutting it out after tweaking his back. It definitely was bothering him the rest of the way after he went down.

what you say is definitely true.

at the same time, banged up is pretty much the standard operating mode at this time of the year. obviously Charlie is covered in tape. Paige is walking around in a boot for weeks now outside of her time on the floor. I wonder how much she is practicing?? that could be some explanation for her career high TO numbers this year- not the banged up ankle, but the possible limited practice time

on another Zeke note, despite the sometimes lapses, there is NO DENYING he is elite at making that dang ball go through that iron hoop!! not yet finished with his third year and on the verge of 1500 career points!! he is almost 400 points ahead of Baylor Sheierman's Jacks career. he has already passed Douglas Wilson (those two are good reference because they were both here for 3 years and this is Zeke's third year), not to mention all the excellent 4 year players he has already passed- Sempsrott, G Callahan, R Tellinghuisen to name a few

if Zeke is here next year, he is a near lock to be the 3rd member of the 2000 point scoring club and has a very unlikely, but not totally impossible chance to catch Nate for number 2 all time (a long post season this year and as many points as possible would be almost a necessity) otherwise he would need a Daum-like 800+ point final season

Comment

A quick note on the defense against the Tommies is 13 turnovers were forced. That is about 5 over their average. The pressure placed in the 2nd half was the difference. WK3 is leading in assists the past 2 games with 9. That is a big step for him as he improves his passing game.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                A quick note on the defense against the Tommies is 13 turnovers were forced. That is about 5 over their average. The pressure placed in the 2nd half was the difference. WK3 is leading in assists the past 2 games with 9. That is a big step for him as he improves his passing game.
                In the last couple games the Jacks have run a few sets with both Kyle and Appel up high, which has created some wide open layups for the guards when the posts hit them with a pass.

Comment

Working...
                X