GDT: Denver vs SDSU Military Appreciation 7pm Frost Arena Midco2/SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Denver vs SDSU Military Appreciation 7pm Frost Arena Midco2/SLN

Tommy Bruner. That is the player that will gather the most attention tonight. He scored 41 points in the huge comeback over the bison Saturday in Hamilton Gym. He had 1 assist which indicates he is not a pass first guard. 6' Fr Craig off the bench had 5 assists. The Pios have 15 wins already which gives them the best year since 2017-18. They also defeated NDSU both meetings since 2018 and they would like to do the sweep to the Jackrabbits for the first time. Tainamo & Utah transfer Brenchley will round out the usual double digit scorers. It is definitely countdown for Appel, Easley, and Mims as they wind down their time at Frost Arena. It would be great to see the Jackrabbits start like the Omaha game & keep pouring on the heat. Take no prisoners. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

This is for lower level bleachers on east end.

BLEACHER BUM IS BACK!

Purchase a Bleacher Bum ticket for ANY of the remaining men's basketball or women's basketball games for only $15/ticket!

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22 AT 7PM - MEN'S BASKETBALL VS DENVER
    SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24 AT 2PM - MEN'S BASKETBALL VS ST. THOMAS
    THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 29 AT 7PM - WOMEN'S BASKETBALL VS NORTH DAKOTA
    SATURDAY, MARCH 2 AT 2PM - WOMEN'S BASKETBALL VS NORTH DAKOTA STATE

There is limited availability for each game & purchases can only be made online at GoJacks.com/PromoCode (code = BLEACHERBUM24).
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Really impressive 97-70 win for the Jacks. Mims had a career game, and I think everyone but the redshirts played.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Really impressive 97-70 win for the Jacks. Mims had a career game, and I think everyone but the redshirts played.
        The Mims/Mayo combo guarding Bruner really got into his head. He should have gotten the boot after that cheap shot at the end of the half.

Comment

And then Bruner had a second cheap shot later in the game, throwing down Mims. That resulted in a technical. What a hothead.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Have we ever heard why Tom Nieman doesn't do the play-by-play for Jacks games on Midco TV anymore. He's evidently no longer with Midco.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The Mims/Mayo combo guarding Bruner really got into his head. He should have gotten the boot after that cheap shot at the end of the half.
              Those were among the most egregious fouls, short of tossing haymakers, I've seen. Just watched the replay, and I can't say the "could be a common foul" commentary regarding the "football play" was surprising

Comment

And then Bruner had a second cheap shot later in the game, throwing down Mims. That resulted in a technical. What a hothead.
                Believe it was a flagrant foul; had it been a technical, he would've been ejected. While he went to bench afterward, that wasn't due to an ejection

Comment

seems like maybe the big 3 at the end of regulation vs Omaha helped Mims to get some mojo back. he had really been ice cold after a strong return at the beginning of league play. another scoring threat would be helpful going forward. Garry has been streaky (mostly cold) since moving out of the first five and when Mims went cold too the offense became far too likely to go through too long stretches of stagnant play

and I only got to see the second half again, but this seems like one of the best defensive games we have had this year

Comment

First thing to say about the game is Bruner is not a good player. He is a thug. He may be able to get a shot and make a shot, but he is a thug. If HC Wilburn is endorsing this behavior, he is not an ethical man. Bruner had many instances that can be viewed where he was "bullying" his way around the court with pushes and punches. Mims was doing a stand up job on defense while being a punching bag for Bruner. Cheap shot Bruner is not a good player. He is a thug. End of Rant.

Comment

Denver looked out of sorts tonight.

I don't know what got into Bruner, but that first one against Mims was totally uncalled for. Then he was pissed and played like that the rest of the game. He was pushing off, and just acting like a .... I don't know. And he was being mean to his teammates as well. They gave up a dunk to Will in the 2nd half, and he looked at his teammates with a death stare. Just not a good representation of playing hard within the rules...more of a "how far can I push this" type of effort.

You had the big guy... hitting a 3, down 23... cut it to 20... blowing kisses to the crowd. He also did a "flex" to the crowd after an and 1, just acting like a clown.

#23 is a good player, but man...what a whiner. Whined after everything. Whined when he fouled, whined when he traveled.

BTW, all 3 of them are good players. There's some talent there.

As good as this win was, to win by 20+, I'm not sure I want to see them in the SLT.

Comment

The Jacks ball movement was as good as its been for awhile. Especially the posts kicking it out quickly without 5 seconds of trying to make a move. I can't recall Luke ever getting the ball down low that many times and passing it out every time. And it seemed like there was an effort to keep at least one of the posts up high, which opened up some driving lanes.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          First thing to say about the game is Bruner is not a good player. He is a thug. He may be able to get a shot and make a shot, but he is a thug. If HC Wilburn is endorsing this behavior, he is not an ethical man. Bruner had many instances that can be viewed where he was "bullying" his way around the court with pushes and punches. Mims was doing a stand up job on defense while being a punching bag for Bruner. Cheap shot Bruner is not a good player. He is a thug. End of Rant.
                          It's bad enough that he gets away with all the subtle push offs. But getting the call when he absolutely steamrollered Garry on that late drive was criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            Denver looked out of sorts tonight.

I don't know what got into Bruner, but that first one against Mims was totally uncalled for. Then he was pissed and played like that the rest of the game. He was pushing off, and just acting like a .... I don't know. And he was being mean to his teammates as well. They gave up a dunk to Will in the 2nd half, and he looked at his teammates with a death stare. Just not a good representation of playing hard within the rules...more of a "how far can I push this" type of effort.

You had the big guy... hitting a 3, down 23... cut it to 20... blowing kisses to the crowd. He also did a "flex" to the crowd after an and 1, just acting like a clown.

#23 is a good player, but man...what a whiner. Whined after everything. Whined when he fouled, whined when he traveled.

BTW, all 3 of them are good players. There's some talent there.

As good as this win was, to win by 20+, I'm not sure I want to see them in the SLT.
                            I'm not sure Bruner wants to see Mims again with an arena sure to have a sizable rabid Jacks fan contingent

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

It's bad enough that he gets away with all the subtle push offs. But getting the call when he absolutely steamrollered Garry on that late drive was criminal.
                              Glad I wasn't the only one confused about how that sequence was called

Comment

Working...
                              X