GDT: Roos vs Jackrabbits 6pm Frost Arena CBSSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Roos vs Jackrabbits 6pm Frost Arena CBSSN

Kansas City [2-3] is coming off a road win at Omaha. They look similar to last year with many new faces. The Roos are long and athletic. The most recent addition is Netherland native Rameriz-Montero who is 6'9" freshman who joined the team around the new semester. He joins a transfer heavy team that have been playing without an injured Anderson Kopp who brought star power to the team. The Roos shoot 31% from deep with Faas[50%] & Rameriz-Montero[40%] being the most accurate. The Jackrabbits need to add another home court win as the rotation has been showing more success recently. The defense will need to identify some of the other inside shooters. The Roos have been averaging 13 offensive boards/game. We should see a decent crowd if the fog lifts. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

So, no Summit League Network access? I bought it for games like this. I probably should have saved my money. Live and learn.
    Go, Jacks!
    This space for lease.

Comment

link to game - page doesn't seem to have any ads/pop-ups when viewed with ad block disabled

Comment

Looked like Faas was over the line under basket

Comment

36-26 Jacks at half

Comment

Zeke isn't playing with much energy. Looks like he might not be feeling the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post
              link to game - page doesn't seem to have any ads/pop-ups when viewed with ad block disabled
              So has everyone but me figured out this free CBSSN coverage tonight?
              clicked link on GoJacks and Midco was not a selectable cable network.
              how can they make this any mire difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post

So has everyone but me figured out this free CBSSN coverage tonight?
                clicked link on GoJacks and Midco was not a selectable cable network.
                how can they make this any mire difficult.
                My understanding of it -> at least 6 regular season men's basketball games across the Summit are on CBS Sports Network (and not on SLN). In order to view, you need a streaming (hulu, youtube, etc)/cable/satellite provider

upcoming games on CBS Sports Network Feb 4th SDSU v USD, Feb 10 SDSU v ORU, and women's game this Sunday against ORU
                Last edited by peavy; 01-25-2024, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Well, I have Midco (but not the cbssn subscription(, so apparently that doesn't count.
                  oh well, they lost my viewership if so
                  Will listen to Tyler (and tonight it's pretty frustrating right now

Comment

It was great to see 2012 show up for the 6pm game. Most of those fans were cheering hard the last few minutes as the Jackrabbits put some points on the board. The Roos are a chippy team at times while they play a physical game. They settled for a late shot clock 3 rather than try paint touches. 38 shots behind the arc is above average. It may be why they shot only 6 free throws compared to 24 for the Jackrabbits. The Roos won the offensive rebounds 12-10, but the Jackrabbits won the total 41-34. All the Jackrabbit starters played more than 30 minutes. The Jackrabbits are likely headed to Tulsa by now.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Great job by the guys to overcome a team that shot really well the 2nd half.

They average 8 3's a game and had 14 made with 8 minutes left. On the other side of that...SDSU only made 2 3's.

So to win a game where the other team is shooting it well, and you are shooting it poorly is a good sign.

WKIII is getting more minutes, and it shows. I thought Mors showed well last night... Appel hopefully is rounding into form...that looked like Appel from 2 years ago.

Rough night for Bubz. Thought Kalen played well in his minutes.

Charlie made a couple of HUGE rebounds in the last 3 minutes or so, and Mims had a solid game again.

You know what they call winning ugly? Winning.

Comment

"Charlie made a couple of HUGE rebounds in the last 3 minutes or so, and Mims had a solid game again."

Charlie Hussle made a difference in this one with12 rebounds!

On another note it is frustrating that Midco didn't have the game, but I guess CBS Sports is a larger platform for our program. I do enjoy Tyler on the radio.

Comment

Working...
                        X