No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU vs Denver 2pm Hamilton Gym SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brunner extends his elbow to hold defenders off quite a bit.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Brunner extends his elbow to hold defenders off quite a bit.
      YES!! Charlie got called for a foul in the first half on a blatant push off from Brunner

Comment

Why hasn't Nate played?

Comment

I'm guessing the return date to Frost has already been circled.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
            Why hasn't Nate played?
            He was in both early and late.

Comment

I did not watch the entire game on replay yet, but the stats seem to give some indications. The 3pt shooting has evaporated as 6-22 is beyond anemic with Mims responsible for 3 of those makes on 5 shots. They shot 24-35 inside the arc. Maybe the late game catchup was many long shooters. Another stat which is below expectations is the 10 assists on 30 made shots. Having 14 turnovers against the 7 turnovers by the Pios makes the hill steeper. It appears that Denver will be a team to have some confidence for the SLT.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                I did not watch the entire game on replay yet, but the stats seem to give some indications. The 3pt shooting has evaporated as 6-22 is beyond anemic with Mims responsible for 3 of those makes on 5 shots. They shot 24-35 inside the arc. Maybe the late game catchup was many long shooters. Another stat which is below expectations is the 10 assists on 30 made shots. Having 14 turnovers against the 7 turnovers by the Pios makes the hill steeper. It appears that Denver will be a team to have some confidence for the SLT.
                We have to figure out how to guard the perimeter better. At halftime of the St. Thomas game one of their assistants was interviewed and he said the stats show SDSU isn't great at perimeter defense. St. Thomas took something like 39 threes. If they shoot marginally better, we lose that game too.

About half the time is seems like our guys are closing out with their hands down. I thought that was defense 101. Keep your hands up.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  It appears that Denver will be a team to have some confidence for the SLT.
                  They might. Pretty early in the conference season to be saying who might be there come March. Denver had the advantage of not playing Thursday and being able to focus on the Jacks. We stayed close for twenty minutes, and things kind of fell apart. Probably a combination of not playing well, plus a lot of travel in four days and playing in altitude. Time will tell on how often Denver will shoot 20 % higher than their normal 3-point shooting. Both Denver and Omaha have started hot while playing a lot of home games. It will be interesting to see where they stand after a few road trips. And all being said, they have the same number of losses as the Jacks. And teams like NDSU and ORU have started slow, but will likely start playing better.

Comment

It looks like college basketball is going to be crazy this year with all the top 10 teams going down this past week. I dont think the Summit League will be any different. Win your home games and split on the road and that will get you to 12-4. Should be good enough for top 2 seed in the Summit Tourney

Comment

Working...
                    X