GDT: Fighting Hawks vs Jackrabbits 2pm Frost Arena SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Fighting Hawks vs Jackrabbits 2pm Frost Arena SLN

The Hawks should be tougher than the 70-45 home loss to St Thomas. Former freshman of the year Tyree Ihenacho is returning to Grand Forks. Iowa State transfer Eli King[remember former Jack Owen King] is sophomore guard with much playing time. 6'6" G Eaglestaff and 6'8" F BJ Omot have experience for the Hawks. 6'9" F Tsartsidze is their 5th year man in the middle. The tradition of UND at Frost should continue to day. The last win was Feb 11, 1995. We should see Matt Mims in the rotation today. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Watched some of their game with the Tommies and the F'ng Hawks gave up more easy buckets at the rim than I have seen in a long time.Their offense was equally bad - 37 points at the under 4 timeout in the second half. Appel and Kyle III should be able to do damage down low.

Comment

Mims starting, but Mayo begins game on bench.

Kyle and Mayo are in a couple minutes in though

Comment

Mims making his presence felt to give Jacks lead

Comment

Mims called for an invisible foul. give Newitt credit for calling it out. Ihenacho misses both so ball does not lie

Comment

gave up 13 O Boards. that is really what kept UND in the game after they cooled down from 3. i do allow a bit of an excuse that UND shot SOOOO MANY 3s which causes a lot of long rebounds and that was responsible for multiple of the O Boards they got. (there still is better technique to keep from giving up O Boards on long caroms) BUT jacks WON the boards and overall a better rebound performance

also shot over 70% from the FT line. only 8 misses as opposed to many games giving away 10 or 12 or 15 points at the line

also good day from 3!! much better selection on the threes. take away 0 for 3 for Mims in first game back and it is a very good day from 3

hopefully can keep this formula and confidence for the two big sky games. i know almost nothing about WSU and MSU but i would guess they are at least solid. long road trip to Weber and they must be the better of the two since they just beat MSU by 20. too bad we couldnt get the tougher opponent at home but that is the way it worked out. Weber schedule looks overall a lot less imposing than the Jacks, but they did beat Wyoming by 13 and apparently St Marys was ranked when they lost to weber by 4 in a low score game. would be a great win if we could knock off Weber hopefully they learned a bit about what type of game they need to play to put marks in the W column

nice win today. i believe in these players and coaches. i believe they have what they need to be successful!!! hopefully, they can get their feet on the ground now. develop a good plan and find the rhythm and mojo they need!!!

Comment

Working...
            X