GDT: Towson Tigers vs SDSU Jackrabbits 7pm Pentagon Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Towson Tigers vs SDSU Jackrabbits 7pm Pentagon Midco

Towson comes to town with a 3-4 record. Houston and Colorado are among their losses. The Tigers are preseason pick at 5 in the 14 team CAA. HC Pat Skerry has turned the program into a contender in the CAA since he took over in 2011. He has preseason first teamer 5th year Charles Thompson[6'7"/250#] along with freshman 6'8"/220# Tyler Tejada leading the scoring. Towson is scoring 58.4 ppg while allowing 63.6 ppg. This team is from Towson, Md[15 miles north of Baltimore] with 22,300 enrollment. This has the feel of a physical game. Tigers average just under 40% FG and under 30% 3pt. They average 9 more boards than opponents including 14 offensive boards/game. They only average 8 assists/game. They are shooting 62.5% FT on 19.4 attempts/game. Luke's cut above his eye should be healed by now and I would ask the Jackrabbits to have their mouthpieces on the floor. This could make 3 wins in a row for the team. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Easley starting. Towson's message board says Fr Jaiden Cole will make his collegiate debut today. The coach has said he may be their best recruit since 2011.

Comment

61-48 Jacks is your final.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Easley was the Jacks' leading rebounder. Great to see him back. He'll no doubt regain shooting touch with more minutes

Comment

Nice win against a very physical Towson team that played excellent defense. Kyle and Appel were good in the paint, and Garry continues to play like a veteran rather than a freshman.

Comment

The guards all played heavy minutes[37-38]. Charlie's shoulder may be a bit gimpy yet as he went 0-9. He still turned in 9 boards, 5 assists, & 2 steals. WK3 had a great game as Nate & Luke & WK3 split the minutes in the paint. 5 blocks was good defense there. I thought Mors had a solid night in his minutes. The defense should get some credit for the Tiger's 28% FG shooting. The Tiger starters shot 11-46.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I really liked how Towson played, (except for the lack of shooting), but man they played hard physical defense, without being dirty about it.

That was a good game for the Jackrabbits.

Comment

Working...
              X