GDT: Southern Mississippi vs SDSU 7pm Reed Green Coliseum ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Southern Mississippi vs SDSU 7pm Reed Green Coliseum ESPN+

The Golden Eagles{2-3} had a similar result in Flagler Gym as the Jackrabbits. They were 0-2 in their bracket losing to Utah Valley & Cal State Fullerton. They lost earlier to Akron by 18. They are preseason pick 4th of 14 in the Sun Belt. 1988 alum Jay Ladner is the HC. He enters his 5th year with a significant improvement in his first 4 years. They have some length with 2 7 foot players on the roster. The Southern Miss site has billed the game as "Thanksgiving Appetizer". It would be great if there is some indigestion involved with the game results. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

The turnover plague continues. Shooting the 3 well but hard to get offensive flow with this many turnovers.

Comment

Jacks up 16-11 after back-to-back treys from Alvarez. 11:03 left in 1st half

Comment

Too many turnovers, but rebounding well.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hot shooting from 3 tonight, 6 of 9.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If we don't turn it over every other possession we'll win by 20. So far we aren't smart enough to realize that...
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              If we don't turn it over every other possession we'll win by 20. So far we aren't smart enough to realize that...
              Trying too many high risk passes that have very little chance of being successful.

Comment

Garry and Barnhart are really playing well. They will be key as the season goes along if they continue to develop.

Comment

Too many spin moves and too many turnovers

Comment

Both teams playing like it's the third game in four days for each of them. SDSU is turning it over like crazy (12), USM is shooting 23%.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Rebounding is 26-14 in favor of SDSU.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Rebounding is 26-14 in favor of SDSU.
                        That's surprising with the number of offensive boards that Southern Miss has.

Comment

Their assistant Cardona is very animated.

Comment

Jacks having to deal with Appel having cut above eye and Garry taking a shot to the schnoz

Comment

Could we somehow get Barnhart a touch every now and then ?

Comment

Working...
                              X