GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs DWU Tigers 7pm Frost Arena SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs DWU Tigers 7pm Frost Arena SLN

Matt Wilber brings the Tigers back to Frost for his 10th season in Mitchell. He will have many familiar names on the roster with nearly all the players coming from South Dakota. The Jackrabbits may show their hand in the redshirts tonight. The bench will certainly have a chance for minutes tonight.. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

If anyone has an extra ticket, I am looking for one.

Comment

DWU definitely at a disadvantage size wise, but are not shy at putting up threes.

Comment

If it wasn’t for Mayo, it may be a tie game right now. Sloppy and undisciplined play.

Comment

Well, he is the projected player of the year, and everything kinda goes thru him, so you can't say"if it wasn't for ...." but I get your point, seems like some guys are struggling to get going so far

Comment

I sometimes look at shots + TO's and that adds up to-

Mayo- 19 (28 points)
            Kyle III- 16 (17 points)
            Appel- 13 (13 points)
            Everybody else had 8 or they were below 8.

Mayo is still the main man on the team but SDSU did feed the post a lot in this game. Kyle and Appel had a big height, strength and athletic advantage in the game.
            If you look at the first 6 times SDSU had the ball in the second half, they went to those two post 5 times. The only other shot was a made 3 by Mayo.

Comment

Whorton, Sayler, Kraft, & Wilkinson are still potential redshirts after the game.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Didn’t get to watch the game as closely as I would’ve liked but going through the box score after it was over it looks like Luke needs to stop turning the ball over. In 2 games he has 9 turnovers and 10 made baskets. Hopefully he gets the rust off sooner rather than later. Would like to see Zeke not turnover as much either but he at least has 6 steals to go with his 6 turnovers so kinda washes out.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  Whorton, Sayler, Kraft, & Wilkinson are still potential redshirts after the game.
                  Sayler could maybe see the floor if there would be another guard injury or two. I don't think that there is any chance for the other three.

Comment

I went.

A few thoughts.
                    Mayo is at another level. He's really good, gang. (breaking new, I know)
                    WKIII is a force.
                    Charlie looks good.

Other than that, there was definitely a drop in performance from Monday night.

I remain a fan of TeSlaa... I'd like to see him get more time. Bubz looked like a freshman last night, but you can see the skills. Garry looked fine. Not great, but not bad.
                    Mors... I don't mean to pick on him, but I'd like to see more out of him. That's all.
                    Rough Night for Big Red.

Going to be interesting how this shakes out. I assume Mims will reclaim Garry's spot when he returns.
                    So we'll have Mors, Bubz, Garry, TeSlaa, and Barnhardt as probable reserves.
                    -That's a pretty solid group...but they will need time to develop. Also a lot more players than we've played the last few years. Usually 7 guys...and sometimes 6...so playing more guys is maybe in the cards? Or maybe a few drop out of the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      I went.

A few thoughts.
                      Mayo is at another level. He's really good, gang. (breaking new, I know)
                      WKIII is a force.
                      Charlie looks good.

Other than that, there was definitely a drop in performance from Monday night.

I remain a fan of TeSlaa... I'd like to see him get more time. Bubz looked like a freshman last night, but you can see the skills. Garry looked fine. Not great, but not bad.
                      Mors... I don't mean to pick on him, but I'd like to see more out of him. That's all.
                      Rough Night for Big Red.

Going to be interesting how this shakes out. I assume Mims will reclaim Garry's spot when he returns.
                      So we'll have Mors, Bubz, Garry, TeSlaa, and Barnhardt as probable reserves.
                      -That's a pretty solid group...but they will need time to develop. Also a lot more players than we've played the last few years. Usually 7 guys...and sometimes 6...so playing more guys is maybe in the cards? Or maybe a few drop out of the rotation.
                      I think it's going to take some time and reps for Barnhart and the team to get comfortable with his role. You see 7 feet and you automatically think low post back to the basket player. But Barnhart's strengths seem to be more oriented to playing on the perimeter. Hendo seemed to be positive with his role going into the season, so hopefully things get better with more playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I think it's going to take some time and reps for Barnhart and the team to get comfortable with his role. You see 7 feet and you automatically think low post back to the basket player. But Barnhart's strengths seem to be more oriented to playing on the perimeter. Hendo seemed to be positive with his role going into the season, so hopefully things get better with more playing time.
                        Absolutely agree. I trust the coaches... but he had a rough night last night. Mors too. I think they'll both be good players. But a rough night against lower level competition.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Absolutely agree. I trust the coaches... but he had a rough night last night. Mors too. I think they'll both be good players. But a rough night against lower level competition.
                          I think being guarded by players so much smaller than them didn't help either one. It looked like they were so anxious to take advantage of their size mismatch that they sped up their moves. They both looked better against Akron's bigger players.

Comment

Mors is squishy. Writing was on the wall why he left Wisconsin. He peaked early in HS because he was bigger than everyone. I hope he can prove me wrong.
                            It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

I am not sure exactly what squishy means in this regard but I am still a believer in Mors. He has always showed signs. I think as the year goes on we will see more of Mors and less of Appel.

Comment

Working...
                              X