Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caleb Grill to Missouri

https://twitter.com/caleb_grill0/sta...83568168001538

Caleb would have looked good at SDSU last year because of the lack of shooters, injuries and other things but would he have been a complete player? He was a highly rated recruit and he might have been a great player but he hasn't done much so far in his career.
    I do not know what to expect from SDSU next year so we will see.
    Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to see him at SDSU but he choose to go elsewhere and now, for just one season, I don't think he will change SDSU's season outlook too much. The Summit League might be really down so who knows.

Comment

4th school if you count Iowa St. twice. Hard pass.

Comment

Just happened (Nov 16, 2023, about 9:25 PM, Williams Arena, U of Missouri at U of Minnesota men's basketball)....

Caleb Grill, now playing for the Missouri Tigers, just called for a double technical foul and ejected from the game. Grill shot and missed a three and thought a foul should have been called. Apparently he offered his opinion to a ref and then, while running down the court he gave the ref a chest bump. He was "rewarded" with two T's and an ejection from the game.

I'm watching the game on Big10 network. Gophers up 59-39 with 11:07 left in the second half.

The Grill kid can play basketball but last year, when Coach Otz dismissed him from the Iowa State team, said he had some struggles with mental health issues. See the thread "Caleb Grill" on this message board at the following link:
        http://sdsufans.com/board/forum/beyo...71-caleb-grill

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Just happened (Nov 16, 2023, about 9:25 PM, Williams Arena, U of Missouri at U of Minnesota men's basketball)....

Caleb Grill, now playing for the Missouri Tigers, just called for a double technical foul and ejected from the game. Grill shot and missed a three and thought a foul should have been called. Apparently he offered his opinion to a ref and then, while running down the court he gave the ref a chest bump. He was "rewarded" with two T's and an ejection from the game.

I'm watching the game on Big10 network. Gophers up 59-39 with 11:07 left in the second half.

The Grill kid can play basketball but last year, when Coach Otz dismissed him from the Iowa State team, said he had some struggles with mental health issues. See the thread "Caleb Grill" on this message board at the following link:
          http://sdsufans.com/board/forum/beyo...71-caleb-grill
          Should have been called for a flop before getting the T's.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Should have been called for a flop before getting the T's.
            Darn. Mizzou comes back and wins the game 70-68.

I just watched a video clip and I agree with bigticket: Grill did a pretty late flop after shooting (but missing) the three-pt shot. Grill then got up, looking for a foul call and appears to be saying something to the ref. No call by the ref. Grill then spun around and in doing so, had some contact with the ref. After watching the video clip (on Jeff Goodman's X account) several times, I thought it wasn't egregious and may not have been intentioinal. The ref hesitates a half second as Grill is stomping off toward the Mizzou bench. Then the ref calls a T and motions "you're outa here" with his right arm.

added...
            rewatched that video clip on slow motion. The first technical may have been due to the flop after attempting the three. Its clear Grill said something to the ref as he turned and their arms may have bumped. Grill then walks toward the Mizzou bench and took six or seven steps away from the ref when the ref signaled another T and signaled he was tossing Grill from the game.

Entertaining stuff but I prefer to see the Gophers defend the home court. Terrible collapse.

Comment

I just heard from a Jackrabbit who was at the Gopher game and had a great view of the Grill double T performace which was a different angle than the Goodman video clip. He says Grill gave the ref a good bump and it was not unintentional and Grill deserved the T.

I suspect Pat Reusse in tomorrow's Star Tribune may comment on Grill's double T and instant vacation as part of his (Reusse's) "constructive criticism" of the Gopher performance.

Comment

I just heard from a Jackrabbit who was at the Gopher game and had a great view of the Grill double T performace which was a different angle than the Goodman video clip. He says Grill gave the ref a good bump and it was not unintentional and Grill deserved the T.

I suspect Pat Reusse in tomorrow's Star Tribune may comment on Grill's double T and instant vacation as part of his (Reusse's) "constructive criticism" of the Gopher performance.
                Grill has really bulked up, looked more like a football player's body. And the coaching on the Gophers last two possessions , right in front of their own bench, was criminal. Takes out the veteran PG for a freshman who dribbles out the entire shot clock and throws up a three that doesn't even draw iron. While your best player doesn't even touch the ball during the last two possessions. The way the offense went conservative and into a shell the last 8 minutes, I could have sworn that PJ Fleck was calling the plays.

Comment

You gotta love Patrick! I listened to Garage Logic out of the cities for many years. He would call in (him and Joe Soucheray are good friends) and give a short sports update. The guy is hilarious.

Comment

I watched the entire second half. Grill got the first T when he slammed the floor with his hands after he thought he was fouled on a 3 point attempt. He got the second one when he got up to protest and brushed the referee. Grill plays with a lot of intensity and loses control. Reminds me a bit of Noah F. Connor Vanover is on the Tigers roster and was formally with ORU was not in for the second half and finished with no points. The Grill Technical resulted in 4 made free throws and a made 3 on that possession which Missouri than went into meltdown mode and down 20. Never would have imagined that the Gophers would give up that lead!

Comment

Working...
                    X