GDT: Roos vs Jackrabbits/Military Appreciation 7pm Frost Arena Midco2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Roos vs Jackrabbits/Military Appreciation 7pm Frost Arena Midco2

The makeup game on January 30 against the Roos started the current winning streak. Tonight we can expect a healthy roster for the last homestand at Frost as the team works on improving play for the SLT. The Roos will not likely field a healthy team as Shemarri Allen may be lost for the remainder of the season with an arm injury. The Roos are currently 6th in the standings(1 game ahead of USD) with a chance to move to 7th with 2 losses. The Roos will have much tighter rotation without Allen and the previous loss of Mukemba. The Jackrabbit defense will be able to focus on Mitchell as he will carry the load without Allen. Scrape that driveway and head to Frost tonight for a last week of basketball before the SLT. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

I heard that UMKC made it as far as Sioux Falls on Wednesday so they should be able to make it.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Crazy uniforms for the Jacks for Military Appreciation night. Left half is yellow/blue/white camo, right half is white.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

These uniforms are something
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Mors has grown so much this season. Great to see. Bright future ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Crazy uniforms for the Jacks for Military Appreciation night. Left half is yellow/blue/white camo, right half is white.
            If you stare at them on TV, it's enough to make you dizzy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

If you stare at them on TV, it's enough to make you dizzy.
              Military Appreciation uniforms are definitely an area of improvment for next season.

Comment

For heaven's sake, SOMEBODY tell the cheerleaders that State Cadence should have the same beat as Ring The Bells...not half of it!
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Impressive to win by 23 when the offense didn't really look in sync. Great job defensively by Mims, Easley and Arians on Mitchell.

Comment

Mostly hopping on to say I'm so happy (for Dent) with the way he's been playing the last half of the season. So dependable and his experience is really showing.

I believe I had two seizures and developed vertigo as a result of the jerseys, though. Yikes.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                      Mostly hopping on to say I'm so happy (for Dent) with the way he's been playing the last half of the season. So dependable and his experience is really showing.

I believe I had two seizures and developed vertigo as a result of the jerseys, though. Yikes.
                      Agree re. Dentlinger, and those jerseys need to be relegated to wherever the old mascot that looked like the Bugs Bunny "Hyde & Hare" alter ego went

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

i think maybe closer up they were slightly less revolting

that said, just my perspective, these were easily the ugliest uniforms any jackrabbits team has ever worn. WOW

this conversation has kinda been had already (mostly in regard to FB uniforms and helmets). but i guess the Loud and Crazy uniforms are a nod to the youth of this generation. it seems like variety and flashiness (even ugly flashiness) are priorities, but i am hoping these uniforms are going to inspire some kind of return to uniforms that are a bit more traditional

i know it wont matter what us fans think and at the end of the day it is not that big of a deal, but for me, i really wish they would just stick to yellow and blue and let our teams be noteworthy for their play and maybe not the crazy uniforms

on a related note, i am NO FAN of nike, and i think the relationship with under armour has been largely good for the jacks, but i think the uniforms have generally been less visually appealing since switching to UA

also i am in agreement with you on Dent. i could not be happier for him!! i dont think he will end up first team all summit, but his play has really been deserving of that type of recognition

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Agree re. Dentlinger, and those jerseys need to be relegated to wherever the old mascot that looked like the Bugs Bunny "Hyde & Hare" alter ego went
                          hahaha i started writing my comment apparently at the same time you did this. i stopped in the middle to answer the phone, otherwise i could have just said i agree with everything you said instead of writing much the same thing you said

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                            Mors has grown so much this season. Great to see. Bright future ahead.
                            definitely agree he is adding a little to his game all the time. his work on the boards has been really good and he is a good team defender and improving as an individual defender. hopefully over the offseason he gets his feet on the ground offensively. somebody correct me if i am wrong, but i thought i recall him being a pretty good shooter from 3 at yankton. i thought he had potential to be a solid threat as a stretch post type who could also put the ball on the floor and a good passer. i think gaining strength and explosiveness will decide what his ceiling will be

I would also say Mors is not the only freshman post showing improvement as the season goes along. i know Kyle had more success in the early part of the season, but he is also doing lots of good things now that he was not at the beginning of the season. hopefully the two guards in this class will be ready to join them soon or Sayler is ready to go next year. I think it would be nice to have a little more size instead of having to play HUGE minutes with Mayo, Easley, and Mims on the perimeter. all of Sayler, Te Slaa, and Garry are bigger than either of Charlie or Mims

Comment

GoJacks has this reported for the Senior Day.
                              Up Next
                              The Jackrabbits close out the regular season by hosting Senior Day inside Frost Arena on Saturday. South Dakota State will recognize three seniors (Alex Arians, Matt Dentlinger, Aaron Fiegen) prior to their 2 p.m. matchup against Oral Roberts.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X