GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mavs 7pm Baxter Arena Omavs.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mavs 7pm Baxter Arena Omavs.com

Today is another win against mirror scheduling. Fans will be able to watch both Jackrabbit men and women basketball today. The men are taking a 5 game winning streak into Baxter and a 2 game lead for 2nd place. It will earn a 5-4 road record with a win in Omaha. It also appears a more healthy roster than most of the season. I have not heard if AA has a lingering injury that was reported by those who watched the Denver game. Fidler will be a primary focus as he leads the Mavs in points, rebounds, & steals. He had 27 points and 10 boards in the win over the yotes. The Jackrabbits have been gelling which includes Zeke at the front and huge contributions from others as the second half in Denver illustrated. It will be great to see 2 halves played tonight. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Today is another win against mirror scheduling. Fans will be able to watch both Jackrabbit men and women basketball today. The men are taking a 5 game winning streak into Baxter and a 2 game lead for 2nd place. It will earn a 5-4 road record with a win in Omaha. It also appears a more healthy roster than most of the season. I have not heard if AA has a lingering injury that was reported by those who watched the Denver game. Fidler will be a primary focus as he leads the Mavs in points, rebounds, & steals. He had 27 points and 10 boards in the win over the yotes. The Jackrabbits have been gelling which includes Zeke at the front and huge contributions from others as the second half in Denver illustrated. It will be great to see 2 halves played tonight. Go Jacks!!
    What would your thoughts be on "mirrored weekdays" with teams having options for doubleheader weekends?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

What would your thoughts be on "mirrored weekdays" with teams having options for doubleheader weekends?
      I would have no problems with doubleheaders, but travel would be increased if weekday games were at different locations. Doubleheaders during the week may influence crowds who do not have the stamina/work schedules for 6pm and 8:30pm tips like the SLT. Also, at one time women had games moved to Sunday to avoid mirroring. That made the women's schedule tougher for the student athlete. I would think a great place to start would be the travel partners to play doubleheaders on Saturdays.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I would have no problems with doubleheaders, but travel would be increased if weekday games were at different locations. Doubleheaders during the week may influence crowds who do not have the stamina/work schedules for 6pm and 8:30pm tips like the SLT. Also, at one time women had games moved to Sunday to avoid mirroring. That made the women's schedule tougher for the student athlete. I would think a great place to start would be the travel partners to play doubleheaders on Saturdays.
        I wish I knew how feasible it would be for the league to consider limited doubleheaders (e.g., weekend rivalry games), but if they would it theoretically wouldn't increase weekday travel when compared to current scheduling.

Comment

umm...I kind of freaked out a bit. Thought I missed the game.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            umm...I kind of freaked out a bit. Thought I missed the game.
            Forgot to "check my mirror scheduling look in the mirror" before posting when the forum reverted to my most recent post

Comment

Made the trip to Omaha for the men’s game. Far more blue than red in the stands. Somewhat of a lifeless atmosphere that makes me thankful for Brookings.

Comment

Tyler mentioning that Omaha crew had 'Yote logo instead of Jacks' on scoreboard; Tyler said "you knew it was a mistake because the Coyotes were ahead."

Somebody call the burn team

Comment

Our defense has come a long way this season. Mors especially has really developed and grown on that end. Hoping Lien gets more minutes to do the same.

Comment

Anyone know why Alex Arians isn't playing? Looks like he's is dressed on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagwabbitt View Post
                      Anyone know why Alex Arians isn't playing? Looks like he's is dressed on the bench.
                      Tyler mentioned slight ankle injury sustained vs. Pioneers

Comment

More re. Arians; Tyler just said he shot around, and the ankle is "tender," and holding him out is likely just precautionary

Comment

Sounds like Fiddler just "stole" some of the Jacks' cough drops from scorer's table (per Tyler)

Law & Order: Baxter Arena

Jacks up 46-33 at half

Comment

Omaha staying in the game hitting threes, which they normally don't shoot very well. Will be interesting to see if they can do it for another 20 minutes. Jacks moving the ball well - looks like they can get it inside whenever they want.

Comment

Mayo to WKIII dunk before Omaha timeout.

Comment

Working...
                              X