GDT: bison vs Jackrabbits 2pm Frost Arena Midco2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: bison vs Jackrabbits 2pm Frost Arena Midco2

6-5 bison arrive to play 8-4 Jackrabbits as a solid Summit 2nd place is the Jackrabbit goal today. NDSU starts 2 bigs with Nelson and Morgan. Nelson leads the bison in points, rebounds, blocks, turnovers & tied for assists. He and Morgan account for 43% of the free throws, but they only average 60% at the line. They average 61% & 52% from the field. The rest of the roster includes Jr Skunberg and a long list of athletic freshmen and sophomores who get minutes and shoot the ball well. The Jackrabbits have just completed a game they shot lights out while enjoying the return of AA and Charlie. Frost Arena should be rocking on a nice Saturday afternoon. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    6-5 bison arrive to play 8-4 Jackrabbits as a solid Summit 2nd place is the Jackrabbit goal today. NDSU starts 2 bigs with Nelson and Morgan. Nelson leads the bison in points, rebounds, blocks, turnovers & tied for assists. He and Morgan account for 43% of the free throws, but they only average 60% at the line. They average 61% & 52% from the field. The rest of the roster includes Jr Skunberg and a long list of athletic freshmen and sophomores who get minutes and shoot the ball well. The Jackrabbits have just completed a game they shot lights out while enjoying the return of AA and Charlie. Frost Arena should be rocking on a nice Saturday afternoon. Go Jacks!!
    Very curious about how "Ungulatory" my seating area will be

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Very curious about how "Ungulatory" my seating area will be
      If there is a threat like that, you might consider upgrading your seats!
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

If there is a threat like that, you might consider upgrading your seats!
        Haha, I got the best available trio, so we'll see.

In the "potentially bad omen dept.," the car in front of me at off ramp had Brookings County plates, an NDSU plate cover, and a matching hideous NDSU window decal.

Comment

Apparently no Easley today because of soreness from Thursday.

Comment

Playing Shania twain "I feel like a woman" at halftime of men's game...interesting choice.....
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Bison shoot 59 % and lose. Maybe because the Jacks only had 2 turnovers. Don't know if that's a school record, but can't imagine having too many games with fewer than that.

Comment

First off, what an amazing basketball game. Thoroughly enjoyable start to finish. The teams couldn't be more different. A great watch. And secondly, what a win. Just gritty with such a short bench and foul trouble. And even though NDSU has two huge dudes inside, the Jacks got 45 points in the paint, I believe. It's hard to go blow for blow with that Bison team, so Mayo and Dent, especially, were amazing. And Kyle III has come so far since the start of the season. He's on the fast track to being a beast. Really nice win today.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  Playing Shania twain "I feel like a woman" at halftime of men's game...interesting choice.....
                  Must've seen my pro-Shania posts and known I was in crowd

Comment

Who could have envisioned only 2 TO in a high pressure game like this after the way things went in Nov-Dec?

You have to appreciate those SDSU/NDSU MBB games. It’s a good one every single time.

Comment

If they keep this up, no doubt Hendos best coaching season to date, some real sound adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        Who could have envisioned only 2 TO in a high pressure game like this after the way things went in Nov-Dec?

You have to appreciate those SDSU/NDSU MBB games. It’s a good one every single time.
                        Almost unbelievable

Comment

Got to postgame on tail end of Mayo discussing having to respond with a score to something Bison coaching staff said.

Anyone catch what they said?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            Got to postgame on tail end of Mayo discussing having to respond with a score to something Bison coaching staff said.

Anyone catch what they said?
                            as far as i heard nobody ever said what they said. he definitely had a lot to say after that shot. i know that is kind of the game today. i am still a fan of hit the shot go back and play D and let your game do the talking for you, but he sure is coming on in a BIG BIG way in the last handful+ of games

i assume that you also caught the bit where they said he is 34 of 61 from 3 in the last 7 games. they did not say anything about it but i bet he has also shot more FT in the last 7 games. he is definitely getting into the lane more than he was to start the year, which just opens the 3 more for him but also takes advantage of his incredible FT shooting

Comment

wow!! would you say the plan was dont guard nelson or anyone else and just outscore them) haha

i really dont think so. i thought the jacks did a lot of good on defense in many parts of the game, but the bison hit some tough shots. Nelson scored 11 in the first quarter of the game and had two shots that were very well guarded and he just made a play anyway. he also got a great look at a 3 off of an O board. and the guard Wheeler Thomas hit 4 shots in the first half and every one of them was a tough look

after that opening the jacks did a very good job of guarding both of their posts and had good success running a double at both of them. we did hold Morgan to only 8 after he had 24 the first time. and Nelson did not get it going again until we went to the zone because of foul trouble. he scored at least 8 of his points and i think 10 in the few minutes we played zone.

the jacks dont play enough zone to be good at it for long stretches against a good disciplined team. it worked for 2 possessions and then the bison got the ball to the high post every time and they were unstoppable!! Nelson had an assist from that spot. he had a drive for an and one. a dunk off of a baseline cut and lob from the high post, and another dunk off an O board

if you combine the stretch to start the game and the 6 or 7 possessions we played zone, Nelson had over 20 of his 27 in barely over 10 minutes of game time. and those points count for sure. and in my mind he is Easily one of the top few players in the league and probably the best pro prospect. sometimes no matter what you do he is gonna get his, but for the other 3/4 of the game he had to work very hard to get very little

Comment

Working...
                              X