GDT: Denver vs SDSU 2pm Frost Arena Midco2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Looks like I have to root for 'Yotes on 1/30, unless Denver or Omaha can pull off upset vs. ORU earlier in week.
    No you don't

Comment

Looks like I have to root for 'Yotes on 1/30, unless Denver or Omaha can pull off upset vs. ORU earlier in week.
      For no reason would i ever cheer for them to win. Cheer fir somebody else to beat ORU

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

For no reason would i ever cheer for them to win. Cheer fir somebody else to beat ORU
        I'll bite the bullet for the Jacks, and I won't be cheering for the curs as much as hoping ORU loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post

No you don't
          Not sure ORU has three conference losses in them otherwise. Honestly, I can't see 'Yotes winning, but that outcome would dovetail well for Jacks if ORU could also falter in St. Paul and final game in Brookings

Comment

Not sure ORU has three conference losses in them otherwise. Honestly, I can't see 'Yotes winning, but that outcome would dovetail well for Jacks if ORU could also falter in St. Paul and final game in Brookings
            It's going to be tough to keep ORU from the #1 seed. Everyone except the Jacks already have 4 losses. We would almost have to win out to have a shot, but that will be hard with 5 road games left. But #2 is a definite possibility .

Comment

Team played well, and responded to adversity Saturday.

Fun group to watch and cheer for.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

It's going to be tough to keep ORU from the #1 seed. Everyone except the Jacks already have 4 losses. We would almost have to win out to have a shot, but that will be hard with 5 road games left. But #2 is a definite possibility .
                Really not any difference between 1 and 2 seed for the Summit League tourney, as the rest of the pack is pretty equal so it won't matter who they get if they get to semis.
                Winning the conference to get a NIT berth however is important , but i just don't see the Jack's good/deep enough to be a serious tourney team. With the injuries and all the freshman, its a develeopment year.

Comment

WK3 has been to the FT line more than anyone on the team after Saturday's game. The 61 attempts are high for the team. Zeke has the most attempts in conference play. WK3 is now averaging 70.5% which is encouraging for someone in the post where much contact is expected. It is also noteworthy that Mims held Bruner to 3-10 from the field with 4 turnovers and no assists recorded. Bruner also had 2 offensive fouls out of frustration with the efficiency of Mims defense. The Jackrabbits have been showing improvement as the season comes into the final leg. Denver is a much improved team that has some size and talent. The win at Frost was not easy.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post

Really not any difference between 1 and 2 seed for the Summit League tourney, as the rest of the pack is pretty equal so it won't matter who they get if they get to semis.
                    Winning the conference to get a NIT berth however is important , but i just don't see the Jack's good/deep enough to be a serious tourney team. With the injuries and all the freshman, its a develeopment year.
                    Getting Charlie back will help a lot. Zeke, Arians and Mims have been playing big minutes, and putting another guard in the rotation will be a good thing. When Charlie is back, it will interesting to see if Hendo goes back to a 4 guard lineup and brings Mors off the bench.

Comment

Is Zeke going to be out a long time?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Is Zeke going to be out a long time?
                        Has there been something said about the injury? Hendo indicated in post game presser that it did not appear serious although Zeke needed to be examined by medical staff to know for sure. Zeke did not appear to be struggling after the game as he walked without any gait problem. Hendo may have some news tonight at weekly Cubbys.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I wonder what Zeke's status will be for the upcoming, three-game road stretch? I sure hope that he'll be able to play. Judging from recent comments by Coach Hendo, I don't think Charlie will be available untll early February. Without those two, the Jacks' bench could be pretty thin.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Has there been something said about the injury? Hendo indicated in post game presser that it did not appear serious although Zeke needed to be examined by medical staff to know for sure. Zeke did not appear to be struggling after the game as he walked without any gait problem. Hendo may have some news tonight at weekly Cubbys.
                            I was surprised to see that he didn't appear to have any kind of wrap or ice on the ankle when he left the court.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I don’t think it’s that bad of an injury, it’s just he has rolled this ankle more than once already this year. Might be better for his long term health to sit him for a game or two. He rolled it earlier this year, but managed to stay in the game that time.

Comment

Did anyone listen to the coaches Monday Show at Cubbys? If so, was Zeke's injury requiring recovery time?

Comment

Working...
                                X