GDT: WIU vs SDSU 7pm Frost Arena Midco2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: WIU vs SDSU 7pm Frost Arena Midco2

The 5-8 Jackrabbits welcome the 8-4 Leathernecks for the 4th game of the season for the men in Frost. WIU is riding a 6 game winning streak after handling the bison last game in Macomb. The Leathernecks add transfers Rosner & West as top 3 scorers to join Massner. Bennet and Stevanic are transfers who fill out the starting line-up. WIU had an impressive won-lost record in the OOC last season before the individual members lost cohesiveness. Historically, the Leathernecks have won 5 of the previous 36 meetings. They have never won a game in Frost among those wins. We can hope that Jeter does not stir up his players too much tonight. The Jackrabbits have been nursing some injuries Appel & Easley most recently. The freshmen will need to continue to contribute and keep building the home streak against the Leathernecks. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

I am interested to watch this game. The key to this team is to figure out the defense and the offense will figure itself out (channeling my inner coach Nagy here obviously). But seriously, offense flows so much better when you are rebounding and transitioning than when you are pulling the ball out of the net to inbound all night long. I think there are pieces here to make this thing work, we will see if progress is being made in practice day-to-day.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

So I took a look to see if I could back this up and some of the numbers don't look as bad as I expected. Defense needs to improve especially rebounding where we average -4 on the season so far. Offensively not surprisingly the biggest issues are shown in the assist/turnover ratio this year we are .7 whereas last year the team was a 1.4. The team averages 15.5 turnovers to only 10.5 assist per game so far this season. For comparison last year it was 11.0 turnovers and 15.1 assists, pretty much the inverse.

If the guys can rein in the turnover issue and start moving and sharing the ball those can turn round. And again these are easier to do when we rebound better and play transition offense. Here's to this team figuring it out going into the new year!

The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Driving up right now. Hoping to see an improved performance tonight. Go Jacks

Comment

Mors starting in place of Kyle. Anybody hear why? Or just a lineup change?

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Mors starting in place of Kyle. Anybody hear why? Or just a lineup change?
            Just trying a new lineup, I think.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Committing fouls and inability to hit shots is starting to take its toll.

Comment

Mors and Kyle have maybe been our best players tonight not due to scoring but effort and hustle plays. Our offense is still atrocious. I know Mayo is good but he cannot just dribble every possession until the shot clock winds down and then throw up tough shots. We need way more ball movement and to get everyone involved. We don’t really have any offensive system or flow.

Comment

Nearly 2 months into the season and the offense is still ugly. No flow, terrible shot selection.

Comment

Pretty sure Arians got fouled when his eyelid was bloodied

Comment

What a game of runs

Comment

Zeke with the dagger! He’s got 31

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                          What a game of runs
                          This game could've definitely used some Pepto.

Luckily, the Jacks regained their regularity with a healthy dose of Mayo

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                            What a game of runs
                            Have to give the Jacks tons of credit for responding after the Necks went on that big run to take the 5 point lead. Looked like they were dead in the water. Mayo was great, but Mors was really good down the stretch as well. Getting Easley and Appel back would make a big difference. Easley still in a boot doesn't look like he is close, and you have to start wondering what the prognosis is for Luke.

Comment

Luke is not likely to play in the near future. That is a huge loss to the team.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X