No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU vs Montana 8pm CST Dahlberg Arena ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The schedule is terrible. Everyone can agree on that. The schedule isn’t why we lost a home game though a few weeks ago. We’ve had other teams in prior years fight and win on difficult road trips and other mid majors have fared far better through similar situations. We haven’t even competed in half of these games. This team and staff just don’t have it together right now. I hope the conference season fares better but we took a far bigger step back from last year than I was anticipating. This doesn’t seem to be the same level of Jackrabbit teams from years prior. Hopefully that changes as the season goes on but right now I’m not entirely optimistic.

Comment

I hope the recovery of the MBB season is quicker than Otz's first year where the Jackrabbits entered the SLT as a 4 seed following an 8-8 conference record. Of course, the Jacks finished the season as SLT champs and later were fed to #1 Gonzaga Bulldogs in the NCAA tourney. I do not envision an undefeated conference year to secure higher seeds, but I am hoping for a better than .500 conference record.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Last night was tough to watch for sure.

I do think the schedule has been especially challenging, but the concerning part to me, is that they have played better against tougher teams. Alabama was probably the best they have played, and arguably the most talented team we faced.

Offense has been struggling, and last night the defense was not there either.

I think we've had a lot of these things snowball on top of each other. Tough schedule, tough travel, breaking in new guys, old guys in new roles, etc, etc...

They have some time to turn things around, and the Summit is also down.

But time is running short, and they won't beat any Summit teams playing like they did last night.

Let's hope some Frost home cooking is the medicine that is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          I hope the recovery of the MBB season is quicker than Otz's first year where the Jackrabbits entered the SLT as a 4 seed following an 8-8 conference record. Of course, the Jacks finished the season as SLT champs and later were fed to #1 Gonzaga Bulldogs in the NCAA tourney. I do not envision an undefeated conference year to secure higher seeds, but I am hoping for a better than .500 conference record.
          If we have already seen the best Appel is going to be able to offer, something a little above .500 in the conference is probably a best-case scenario. It’s like the soul of the team has been snatched. Next week’s Mt Marty and Bellevue games could not come at a better time.

Based on what we’ve seen so far I’d expect all the Summit teams except ORU to end up with 6+ conference losses.

Comment

It's all about March. And maybe February. I'm concerned that Luke Appel was in street clothes for the Montana game. He's barely played this year. I can't help but wonder if he will ever be able to play hard again? (Aaron Fiegen didn't dress for Montana either.) Now Charlie Easley appears to be down, too. There's still talent and potential on this team. I sure hope it all comes together during the next few pre-conference games.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
            X