SDSU vs JMU 11am CT Enmarket Arena/Savannah Ga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU vs JMU 11am CT Enmarket Arena/Savannah Ga

The Dukes are 5-1 with a loss to North Carolina. Yesterday they schooled the NAIA team in the field with 100-54 win. JMU has a long list of transfers to join Freidel on this team. Vado Morse who is a R-Sr transfer will share the 3 pt duty with Noah. 2 other Grad transfers will join the likely starters. The Dukes have been crushing the early opponents as they average 97 points on 54% shooting. UNC held them to 64 in their lone loss. We will see if Noah gets another start today against the Jackrabbits. Defense will be a key against this high scoring team from Virginia. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Friedel will get his. I just wanna win. Go Jacks

Comment

The 3-balls are falling in early for the Jacks. They're 3 for 3. They'll probably need to keep shooting well to beat the Dukes.
      This space for lease.

Comment

So. Many. Turnovers. It’s our experienced players committing them every game too. Going to be tough to win if that doesn’t change.

Comment

Yeah, the Jacks will have to significantly reduce their turnovers to compete in the Summit. It's a baffling situation, considering they have a lot of experience at the guard position.
          This space for lease.

Comment

I knew it wouldn’t be as strong of a team as last year but I didn’t expect us to struggle like this. At this rate, we won’t be above .500 entering conference play. I just don’t see the coaches making really any big adjustments. Each game has the same struggles.

Comment

21 turnovers 14 of which were steals led to over 30 points. Way too much experience to turn the ball over that much. Getting nothing out of Appel and Dettlinger. Thankfully Kyle is giving us something in the post. i Also thought Mors would be more ready to play, but he looks very unsure of himself. Hopefully he will gain more confidence over time.

Comment

Going to be difficult without a guy you can trust as a primary ball handler. We maybe thought that would be Mayo but he's not a distributer more of just a scorer - he's just not great at creating offense for others and when he tries has a high number of turnovers. Arians/Easly/Mims are.a little less athletic and not well suited to be that guy although great players if able to play within a designated role. We probably have to move to a very post dominated team but do a much better job handling double teams. It just doesnt work having this group of guards trying to create offense IMO as it doesnt play to their strengths.

We will complete in the Summit but by default. We will have losses though and probably plenty of them but still in the top couple in the league. Your opponent makes you look much better or worse and we will look better against Summit teams. Tough non conference with JMU clearly a quality team.

Comment

Jacks lose 79-60. Freidel scores 13 for the Dukes. Kyle continues to demonstrate for the Jacks that he's a stud on the rise.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Didn't get to listen to the game, but saw that Appel only played 5 minutes, and it didn't appear to be because of foul trouble. Did he ding the foot/leg ?

Comment

I don't think our guard play is the issue. We got 9 points from the bench and gave up 33 points on 21 turnovers. They got 46 points in the paint. Dentlinger 1-4, Mors 0-2, Lien 0-2, Appel 0-1. We have to get more production from our posts outside of Kyle who was 5-6 from the field and 5-6 from the line. A lot of turnovers were cross court passes that were intercepted. Curious how many turnover from Mors, Dentlinger and Appel.
                      Last edited by JACKGUYII; 11-26-2022, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Hendo had mentioned a few times prior to Appel playing that he had a very high pain tolerance. Zimmer had said on the podcast the day of the Bonnies game that he heard Appel was seriously injured (he ended up playing 12 minutes that night). He peaked at 30 minutes against SFA on the 19th and then played just 11 minutes against Valpo and 5 minutes today. Is it a matchup issue or is it possible he will be battling an injury similar to Gylten?
                        Last edited by peavy; 11-26-2022, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Didn't get to listen to the game, but saw that Appel only played 5 minutes, and it didn't appear to be because of foul trouble. Did he ding the foot/leg ?
                          Appel is doing nothing when he gets on the court.

Comment

Man… I agree basically with what everybody is saying! But I am stumped also. We have six players that have been around for a lot of games… AA, Dent, Charlie, Mayo, Mims and Apple!
                            Why can’t we get it together? On the games the Jacks have won, they played tough and they won in spite of having way fewer steals than the other team and way more turnovers than the other team… Sometimes our rebounding is not there either!! This is definitely not a Jack’s team based on the past
                            Maybe the team just doesn’t have a good base of reserves as far as juniors or at least sophomores like the Jack’s women do!!??
                            Another item…I’m assuming the team got too comfortable last year with Baylor and Doug and now everyone has to pick up the slack and can’t do it!!
                            Also, the team has traveled immensely with only one game at home not counting the exhibition game. And it’s going to get worse…12/2-12/6 the jacks play three games and travel 3800 miles… That won’t help!!! Coach has his hands full… If he can turn this around it will be something… But I think he can do it

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
                              Man… I agree basically with what everybody is saying! But I am stumped also. We have six players that have been around for a lot of games… AA, Dent, Charlie, Mayo, Mims and Apple!
                              Why can’t we get it together? On the games the Jacks have won, they played tough and they won in spite of having way fewer steals than the other team and way more turnovers than the other team… Sometimes our rebounding is not there either!! This is definitely not a Jack’s team based on the past
                              Maybe the team just doesn’t have a good base of reserves as far as juniors or at least sophomores like the Jack’s women do!!??
                              Another item…I’m assuming the team got too comfortable last year with Baylor and Doug and now everyone has to pick up the slack and can’t do it!!
                              Also, the team has traveled immensely with only one game at home not counting the exhibition game. And it’s going to get worse…12/2-12/6 the jacks play three games and travel 3800 miles… That won’t help!!! Coach has his hands full… If he can turn this around it will be something… But I think he can do it
                              The non-conference travel schedule is brutal. I get we need to play good teams and to get them to come to Frost is tough. However, playing back to back nights across the country and traveling so far from game to game just does not seem wise. Kyle III was the only encouraging spot to me today. He has so much potential. I continue to think the talent is there. Just a lack of identity and discipline at this point. Keep watching for improvement every game but not seeing it so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X