No announcement yet.

GDT: St Bonaventure vs SDSU 7pm @ Sanford Pentagon ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the officiating, in person it just seemed like a poorly officiated game in general. A few really bad offensive fouls went both ways. A couple tough ones on them at the end. They took an awful lot of fadeaway jump shots which is pretty hard to draw a foul on. We mostly pushed the ball inside and drove to the basket. They also had a pretty handsy press. Style of play on both ends would lead you to believe there would be a significant foul gap. You could argue we came out ahead by 2-3 calls total throughout the course of the game but I wouldnt go any further than that given how both teams played.

Mors looked nervous in his first game in front of Jacks fans. Have to think he will be a good player in the long run just not a Summit POY candidate year one.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post

If someone can point to specific plays in which the Jacks benefited, I'd love to go back and watch. But in person I didn't recall any obvious preference towards SDSU at all. The late Dent block was clean per my visual and a replay, and Schimdt would've and should've been T'd up after if not for the late game situation we were in. As Filbert mentioned, there was a blatant no-call on Appel's last second lay up in the first half, too. Total foul discrepancies between teams is, in itself, not indicative of improper reffing. Not trying to belabor the point, I'm just not sure what calls we're all referring to on here and the Bonnie board.
      I'm probably letting the flop call against the Jacks early bias my opinion, but I'm with you, I think St. Bonaventure get away with at least one flop that would've gained Jacks foul shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        They did...

**It's ok Jacks fans...we benefited from the whistle tonight.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
        i am NOT saying the refs cost the jacks the game tonight OBVIOUSLY with a capital OBVIOUSLY)) haha

but maybe the first half satisfied your need for foul / officiating karmic justice. the jacks got absolutely NOTHING from the refs during the time this was still a game

was it near end of first half Dent went up and their center brought his arms down so far they were nearly parallel to the floor. the ref took a couple seconds to think about it then called the foul. of course musselman and others had a fit

Dent gets the FTs we go to the other end and he is called for a nonexistant makeup foul for a call that had NO NEED to be madeup for

and how about you get a warning for a flop but they allow play to continue the other team MAKES A FREAKING PASS and proceeds to hit a 3 and then they are allowed to shoot a FT for the flop. gotta say that might be the single worst sequence of basketball officiating i have ever seen and i have seen some bad ones

anyway Arkansas is LONG and crazy athletic and aggressive and the jacks have some stuff to get figured out. but the refs were definitely NOT GONNA ANGER the home crowd

Comment

The Pentagon presser.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcVOC5tERsI
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The game at the Pentagon seemed to have a larger number of youth attending than I normally notice. The youngsters brought lots of cheering as well. There were still many of the oldsters that are familiar faces from Frost. It was a great game for many SF youth to attend. The special on tickets may have helped fill the place.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Bonnies led the entire game and beat a 5-0 Notre Dame team (65 Kenpom) 63-51 to win the Gotham Classic. Game featured a Bonnies inbounds pass inadvertently deflected into the Notre Dame hoop.

Comment

Working...
              X