No announcement yet.

2022-23 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a Verizon unlimited plan, ESPN+ is free (along with Disney+ and Hulu). Just have to get your accounts connected.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Game tomorrow against UMKC has been postponed due to weather, giving Charlie and company an extra week-ish to heal up / get over colds. Women's game bumped up to noon.

Comment

A few days away from basketball hopefully will be good for both the physical and mental health of the team.

Comment

Jackrabbits will play the Roos on January 30, 2023. This is the postponed game from December 21 at KC.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Saturday's game in Vermillion is scheduled for 6pm tip. The WBB game is 1pm tip. This schedule is giving fans a chance to attend both games. It is a bit close if an OT would happen for the WBB. It is at least a small indication that The Summit League is a bit cognizant the mirror schedule is not perfect.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I'm guessing you can comfortably leave the women's game at halftime, swing by Toby's in Meckling for some fried chicken and a beer then head into Vermillion for the men's game. Go Jacks!
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Saturday's game in Vermillion is scheduled for 6pm tip. The WBB game is 1pm tip. This schedule is giving fans a chance to attend both games. It is a bit close if an OT would happen for the WBB. It is at least a small indication that The Summit League is a bit cognizant the mirror schedule is not perfect.
                I know i have asked before (did not get any good answers), but what is even one actual benefit? all i can come up with is that it was easy for the conference to schedule. you know it saved them time and effort actually giving ANY thought to doing a good job of scheduling

or

it helps teams who have poor fan support to have a better chance vs teams who have good support. most notably it stops the jacks fans who travel very well from attending road games. unfortunately, i actually think this may have been part of the thinking. maybe to appease teams who maintain some negative feelings about the SLT being basically home games for the jacks

but honestly it is simply stupid that they knowingly and purposely choose a system that UNQUESTIONABLY hurts ticket sales and forces the athletes who work extremely hard to play in front of purposely smaller crowds

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                  I'm guessing you can comfortably leave the women's game at halftime, swing by Toby's in Meckling for some fried chicken and a beer then head into Vermillion for the men's game. Go Jacks!
                  One should always go to Tobys when in the area. Toby has passed on, his kids sold it but its still the same great chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    Bought Lindenwood season tickets and am just learning about the OVC in their transition year. I heard or read Ohio Valley commissioner Beth DeBouche state that as long as she was commissioner they would always have double headers and would never go to mirror scheduling. Oddly enough things in the OVC aren't completely sane since they don't have travel partners, odd in a ten team bus league-- I'm hoping that's because of a switch of three teams out and three in in short order. Anyway, I still don't comprehend what the argument is for mirror scheduling or why individual teams couldn't flip a game, i.e. double headers in Vermillion and Brookings if both teams agreed.

BTW-- while the LU men are doing fairly well for a D1 transition, the women, coached by AJ protege Katie Falco are having a horrible time. One NAIA victory. The D1 move came unexpectedly less than a year ago. I know the men cut half their team loose and told 'em to find NAIA/D2 opportunities. I suspect that Katie might have stuck with her D2 recruits and it's showing. They look worse than any of her GLVC teams. Constant assistant coach turnovers as well might be adding to the confusion.

Comment

Working...
                    X