Roster Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster Question

I haven't lived in the state for a number of years now so I am unfamiliar with some of the talent our state has put out recently.

I was curious, if SDSU had a roster of only South Dakota kids for next year, what would do you guys think it would look like. Who is out there on other teams or ours that would complete a team of 2-3 pgs, 7-8 wings and 3 post players?

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    I haven't lived in the state for a number of years now so I am unfamiliar with some of the talent our state has put out recently.

I was curious, if SDSU had a roster of only South Dakota kids for next year, what would do you guys think it would look like. Who is out there on other teams or ours that would complete a team of 2-3 pgs, 7-8 wings and 3 post players?

PG: AJ Plitzuweit, USD, Vermillion
    SG: Mason Archambault, USD, RC Stevens
    SF: Noah Freidel, Transfer Portal, Tea Area
    PF: Paul Bruns, USD, Dakota Valley
    C: Matthew Mors, SDSU, Yankton

PG: Justin Hohn, UC Irvine, Tea Area
    SG: Kalen Garry, SDSU, De Smet
    SF: Akoi Akoi. Augie, SF O’Gorman
    PF: Caden Hinker, Augie, Mitchell
    C: Aaron Fiegen, SDSU, Madison

The forward depth would be pretty bad, but the guards would be great.

Comment

Both Cartwright’s from USF/ O Gorman would be in the conversation as well. Matt is in the rotation for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        Both Cartwright’s from USF/ O Gorman would be in the conversation as well. Matt is in the rotation for sure.
        I think Matt is out of eligibility, but yeah Jack would definitely be in the conversation.

Comment

Do we currently have that few who have gone out if state at a higher level?

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
            Do we currently have that few who have gone out if state at a higher level?
            I think Hohn is the only one. Bruns and Mors were too, but they transferred back to in-state

Comment

If you guys are curious, the girls team next year would look like this:

PG: Dru Gylten, SDSU, St. Thomas More
              SG: Haleigh Timmer, SDSU, St. Thomas More
              SF: Emma Ronsiek, Creighton, SF O’Gorman
              PF: Paiton Burckhard, SDSU, Aberdeen Central
              C: Myah Selland, SDSU, Sanborn Central/Woonsocket

PG: Kyah Watson, USD, RC Stevens
              SG: Lexi Unruh, Creighton, SF Christian
              SF: Morgan Hansen, USD, SF Lincoln
              PF: Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda, Texas, SF Washington
              C: Jeniah Ugofsky, USD, Harrisburg

F: Madysen Vlastuin, SDSU, Lennox
              G: Hannah Ronsiek, Colorado St., SF O’Gorman
              G: Bella Swedlund, Kansas, Winner

I am obviously forgetting some people

Comment

Isn’t there another girl from Washington playing basketball and volleyball at Louisville?

Comment

Isn’t there another girl from Washington playing basketball and volleyball at Louisville?
                  Sydni Shecten.....something like that. To bad she cant do both at SDSU. Her Height and length would be huuuuggge if she was here.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Sydni Shecten.....something like that. To bad she cant do both at SDSU. Her Height and length would be huuuuggge if she was here.
                    Sydni Schetnan Is the correct spelling from SF Washington.

Comment

Looking at the rosters for both boys and girls I think the moral of the story is that South Dakota lacks tall people. Honestly who was the last super tall stud from South Dakota? I’d honestly toss high schooler JT Rock on the bench for the men’s team!

Comment

Looking at the rosters for both boys and girls I think the moral of the story is that South Dakota lacks tall people. Honestly who was the last super tall stud from South Dakota? I’d honestly toss high schooler JT Rock on the bench for the men’s team!
                        JT just got a scholarship offer from Purdue the other day and has offers from Wisconsin, Iowa St., Iowa and Creighton. I highly doubt he would be on the bench for the all SD roster when he is in college.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post

JT just got a scholarship offer from Purdue the other day and has offers from Wisconsin, Iowa St., Iowa and Creighton. I highly doubt he would be on the bench for the all SD roster when he is in college.
                          I agree. Seems like we are making a lineup for a current team/start of next season. Obviously the potential is there I’m not sure he’s physically ready to play at the D1 level this moment. Now if you go “when he is in college” like you said, it’s a no brainer. That’s not what we are doing here. An all time team is quite different.

Comment

Probably Cody Larson, if you consider 6'9 to be super tall.

Comment

Colton Iverson
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                              X