Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i feel more than sure that i will ALWAYS call it Frost

but i guess maybe as the younger generations come along there could be a mixture of the old and new name and maybe one day they will quit calling it frost
    No one still calls the football stadium Couglin Alumni Stadium. It's Dykhouse Stadium, or some variation of that name. That's likely to be the case after Frost is extensively renovated and in a couple years officially becomes First Bank & Trust Arena. The major donor deserves the recognition, especially since state government insists that sports facilities on campuses be privately funded.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      Mors will be able to defend the Summit bigs, the question being, will he need to…I could see Charley relegated to 6th man and Luke starting, he came on strong in the end. I’ve heard that Lien is essentially unmovable down low and had a good RS season. Quite possible Hendo could utilize a 9-10 man rotation.

Baylor
      Zeke
      Arians
      Mors
      Appel

Charlie
      Dent
      Mims
      Lien

This and any chance of true freshman playing could factor in as well.
      I'm guessing that more than one of the incoming freshmen will compete for playing time right away, just as Zeke did. It's talented class.

This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

No one still calls the football stadium Couglin Alumni Stadium. It's Dykhouse Stadium, or some variation of that name. That's likely to be the case after Frost is extensively renovated and in a couple years officially becomes First Bank & Trust Arena. The major donor deserves the recognition, especially since state government insists that sports facilities on campuses be privately funded.
        i absolutely hear what you are saying! and you say MANY things that are very very TRUE!!

totally believe that the donor is deserving of our gratitude and appreciation and have no intent to belittle or disrespect what they have done in ANY way!

for me personally, however, while i have always been a football fan and a jacks fan, i have no childhood memories of going to coughlin. my first time in coughlin was after i became a student. on the other hand i grew up with frost arena and it has a special place FOREVER in my heart and soul. i already did concede that i think eventually many or most people would use the new name. and i have no wish to argue or debate that anyone should not if that is the way they name it
        but i can also honestly say that i think there is a very good chance that i will always think of it as frost arena

i also do think that as an institution and fan base, we really had ZERO significant success as a football program until the move to D1. OF COURSE we had some great moments and great memories!! and had some good and compteitive teams!! part of the lack of bigger success is having to play an excellent team almost every week in the NCC so being good was not good enough! again we had some good teams and i have some good memories

but we all have way WAY MORE amazing memories that happened in frost arena as compared to coughlin. i do think that was a factor in how easily people transitioned from coughlin to dykhouse. and MIGHT be a factor in how difficult it might be for some people to let go of the name frost

personally i wish they would do something like frost arena in the first bank and trust center. or maybe even frost court in the first bank and trust arena. frost holds a LOT LOT of incredible history. but if they do not do that i am FINE with the decision and as i said i agree with really everything you said and the first bank people deserve appreciation and have rights to their own expectations. and i am not trying to give any indication of being upset in any way

just sayin i believe that the thought of going to frost arena and saying i am going to frost to watch the rabbits is probably not going to go away easily for this old rabbit fan

Comment

to get the thread back on track a little

it was interesting to hear him talk about being in better shape. i thought that exactly. seeing him recently, he looks much MUCH leaner than he did as a senior at yankton. when next season begins it will be probably over a year and a half since almost anyone has seen him in action on the court

it is going to be interesting to see how different his game is!! and... now much it is the same.

as far as i recall he was not a particularly good defender in high school. by the end of last year we were almost never playing with more than one guy on the floor who was a poor defender. i fully expect luke to be better on that end this year!! but if he is not? and if mors is not? how much will hendo go with the two of them together?

i would really like to see them spending the year getting ready to go to the ncaa and to have the best team and best plan to win when they get there whatever that looks like! and maybe that is a small team like this year. i think it is still too much unnoticed what an amazing job Alex does guarding guys in the post who are 6 inches or more bigger!! he did a great job in SLT final and a great job against providence!!

but maybe it would be helpful to be able to put a bigger team on the floor? i am not saying it is!! simply speculating. and saying that i dont even care if they lose a game or two along the way that maybe people think they should not as long as they are getting ready to have the best possible chance to go to and win games in the ncaa tourney

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

To go off thread again, I'm going to start referring to it as "The Bank" due to our teams being money there every year
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

To go off thread again, I'm going to start referring to it as "The Bank" due to our teams being money there every year
              Hopefully the bank is open on the weekends.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

So is he Mors “Money” then?

Comment

Working...
                X