GDT: Bison vs Jackrabbits 8pm Premier Center ESPN2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Bison vs Jackrabbits 8pm Premier Center ESPN2

The bison looked ready last night. They have the Golden Eagles' number, Coach Mills was on his best behavior. The Jackrabbits have played well in Sioux Falls and the coaches know the opponent. It will be a great game. The Jackrabbits can make the Summit sweep complete tonight. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

As well as the Jackrabbits played last night, you could argue NDSU played just as well.

They looked awesome last night.

Either team could win this matchup. I think SDSU has a higher ceiling than NDSU, but you never know what can happen during a college basketball game.

Let's hope the good guys can finish strong.

Comment

the bison are a very tough minded group and a very good basketball team!! but i do NOT believe they are as good at either shooting or scoring as they showed last night. i REALLY want to believe that it is not possible for them to score like that two nights in a row!! but i think a person would be dumb to bet on that

i expect this to be an absolute battle they have at least 3 seniors on that team who will NOT go quietly. it would really help if we could keep everyone away from silly fouls and foul trouble!! and a couple of good bounces would be nice! especially early

Comment

I want to see us attack the paint. put Rocky on the defensive, make him work harder. Doug is more lean and athletic, let him wear Rocky down as the game goes on. I feel we should get Apple in and sit Arians a bit more just to improve our size.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Good stat from last night's game - no Jack played 30 minutes. Charlie, Zeke and Luke plated 29, Doug only played 24.

Comment

ORU is not a good defensive team and they also don’t match up well with NDSU. We will make it much harder for NDSU to score.

Comment

Knew they were going to struggle. Luflile is just to big to be able to play at a high level, The others Jurgens etc just didnt have the size to complete With Nelson.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                I want to see us attack the paint. put Rocky on the defensive, make him work harder. Doug is more lean and athletic, let him wear Rocky down as the game goes on. I feel we should get Apple in and sit Arians a bit more just to improve our size.

not that it matters because neither one of us is coming up with the strategy or the game plan. but one i think this shows the general underappreciation of AA and how under rated he is even among rabbit fans who should know him best of all.

and two i am pretty sure that AA has had some of his best games against the bison. two years ago at frost he completely carried the rabbits to victory against them. i see your thought about the size!! but i think we have generally guarded them ok. and if we are specifically going for size on the defensive end then Dent is a way way WAY superior defender to luke. offensively i think we are beyond fine with their bigs trying to guard AA and the rest of our non post players

Comment

i know hendo ALWAYS says that everything comes from the defensive end. and OF COURSE if we can NOT have to take the ball out of the bucket a lot we have a better shot for transition points

but they really REALLY try and succeed at not letting us have too many points in transition!! they are one of the best at making you play half court

OF COURSE i hope we play good defense!! but i think this game comes down to NOT giving them second chances!!! and our ability to score in the half court

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

not that it matters because neither one of us is coming up with the strategy or the game plan. but one i think this shows the general underappreciation of AA and how under rated he is even among rabbit fans who should know him best of all.

and two i am pretty sure that AA has had some of his best games against the bison. two years ago at frost he completely carried the rabbits to victory against them. i see your thought about the size!! but i think we have generally guarded them ok. and if we are specifically going for size on the defensive end then Dent is a way way WAY superior defender to luke. offensively i think we are beyond fine with their bigs trying to guard AA and the rest of our non post players
                    Yeah, I like Arians, or maybe play Mayo a little less. My point is we probably could use more size on the court with NDSU. Rocky and Nelson both are big with different skill sets. I would like like to see Dent and Apple on Rock and Doug guard Nelson. watching ORU, they had no size outside of Lufile and he didnt even play half the game, he was a non factor. We have 3 bigs that will be tough for NDSU to guard the whole game. Which I think will help open up for the outside shots. I am sure the game play from Hendo will be better then mine, but this is more of lets use our advantage of size. If we have only 1 big, that might hurt our rebounding, and against NDSU thats a big part of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Yeah, I like Arians, or maybe play Mayo a little less. My point is we probably could use more size on the court with NDSU. Rocky and Nelson both are big with different skill sets. I would like like to see Dent and Apple on Rock and Doug guard Nelson. watching ORU, they had no size outside of Lufile and he didnt even play half the game, he was a non factor. We have 3 bigs that will be tough for NDSU to guard the whole game. Which I think will help open up for the outside shots. I am sure the game play from Hendo will be better then mine, but this is more of lets use our advantage of size. If we have only 1 big, that might hurt our rebounding, and against NDSU thats a big part of the game.
                      totally agree!! i am not sure if there will be any bigger key to the game tonight than NOT giving up offensive boards and getting some ourselves. assuming that we at least shoot decent, which history suggests that we should

i totally see what you are saying about size. i guess that probably all the guys in our rotation will make some contribution in their own way. i think i might try to get zeke a couple shots early to see if he can pick up where he left off yesterday. another good shooting night from him would be big. i am sure that somehow charley will find a way to make some plays tonight, but i feel like this is not necessarily a game that sets up as a great matchup for him. now that i said that he will probably go nuts)) which will be fine with me))!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

totally agree!! i am not sure if there will be any bigger key to the game tonight than NOT giving up offensive boards and getting some ourselves. assuming that we at least shoot decent, which history suggests that we should

i totally see what you are saying about size. i guess that probably all the guys in our rotation will make some contribution in their own way. i think i might try to get zeke a couple shots early to see if he can pick up where he left off yesterday. another good shooting night from him would be big. i am sure that somehow charley will find a way to make some plays tonight, but i feel like this is not necessarily a game that sets up as a great matchup for him. now that i said that he will probably go nuts)) which will be fine with me))!!!
                        He is the one guy i wasnt sure about taking off the court to add more size. he can be such a tough defender and make something happen on defense that leads to offense. I just hope refs tonight dont give us cheap early fouls on Wilson and Apple and Let NDSU play really phsyical and handsy defense like usual. Thats one reason I want us to post up. If the the refs call fouls, I think Scheierman, Wilson and Apple have that advantate over NDSU to get them into some fouls. Hopefully we shoot better then the womens team did today at least.

Comment

I wasn’t there but the result of the women’s game was deflating. Here’s to a completely different atmosphere tonight. We need to win this and if we play like we did the previous two times against them, we will. It’s time to dance again.

Comment

Shooting much better than during women's game. But not over 50 % yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ugh! Just knew it was going to be a struggle. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X