Hendo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendo

Very deserving coach and guy…my question now is, anyone know the buyout of his contract if(when) he gets swept away?

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Very deserving coach and guy…my question now is, anyone know the buyout of his contract if(when) he gets swept away?
    my guess is he isnt as known of a coach as TJ was. TJ had some hype before coming here. But my guess is after we make the tourney, he will get some calls. and the next year or two will really be hard to keep him. Maybe he is gonna be like AJ and fall in love with it here and not want to move on. Win the conference most years and always going to the tourney and making a good living and not having to move your family every couple years......
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

We have a couple of assistants that could be in the mix if Hendo leaves.

Comment

https://chicagonewsjournal.com/break...ketball-coach/

He’s currently on the media’s list for the Illinois St job. I’m sure there are more - and there will definitely be soon.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          We have a couple of assistants that could be in the mix if Hendo leaves.
          I think they already named Klink as an asst/assc head coach for whoever gets the head coaching job.....
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

He’s currently on the media’s list for the Illinois St job. I’m sure there are more - and there will definitely be soon.
            Nagy is on that list also. This is not fun to think about. I think i will focus on how great it will be to send both the men and women back to the ncaa tourny.

Comment

Do most objective observers see Illinois St as a step up?

MVC > Summit for sure. MVC expansion looks at established programs, Summit looks at reclassification candidates. But is a middle of the pack (that might be generous) MVC program really more appealing than a perennial Summit favorite that has now had success with multiple coaches?

If it is then I feel like it’s time to find a new home for our bball programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                Do most objective observers see Illinois St as a step up?

MVC > Summit for sure. MVC expansion looks at established programs, Summit looks at reclassification candidates. But is a middle of the pack (that might be generous) MVC program really more appealing than a perennial Summit favorite that has now had success with multiple coaches?

If it is then I feel like it’s time to find a new home for our bball programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yeah, overall conference wise it probably is. But they haven't been to the tourney in 1/4 century. I like my idea, stay here, build a perennial mid major cinderalla type team and have job security and nice community to raise a family in.

Comment

definitely i am biased. but i do not think you can convince ANY level thinking person that the ISU red job is ANY kind of step up from the jacks. the ONLY possible advantage is pay but you also work and probably live in illinois and the taxes will eat a giant pay increase so the increase in pay would have to be astronomical. beyond that i absolutely do not believe that hendo is or will be a guy who sees money as the primary reason for making that type of change

even the wright state job was really only a lateral move. difference was that the nagy family wanted to be closer to relatives in that area

I think we would be blind and dumb not to think there is a possibility of losing Hendo. but i do not think he is in any hurry to go, unlike tj, and it will definitely take a job that is appealing in multiple ways. i guess i mean that this job was always a stepping stone for tj. i dont believe that Hendo sees it that way. i think he imagines a long life in brookings where he is incredibly happy and satisfied and successful. so leaving that situation is going to require something that feels really really good for him and his family

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Yeah, overall conference wise it probably is. But they haven't been to the tourney in 1/4 century. I like my idea, stay here, build a perennial mid major cinderalla type team and have job security and nice community to raise a family in.
                    i really think that we can be much more than a perennial cinderella. i really think there is a gonzaga path for the jacks. small conference team that makes the ncaa almost every year, then is a real threat to win games in the tourney, semi normal threat to make final 8 or final 4, etc........

i have ALWAYS thought that is the vision for both hoops programs and i believe they can do it. biggest hurdle keeping and paying coaches. obviously things worked just right with AJ where it seems fairly doubtful he would leave now, but i could imagine there are some programs he would still feel a need to listen to

really just need the state to be willing to pay. and the more success these teams have the more money they bring on their own, the more the state should be able to feel good about paying

Comment

and you also need to get the coach that shares that vision. monson got gonzaga started but his vision was to start something and move on to something bigger and better. how did that work by the way? Few I think had the vision of what the zags could be and he has stayed to realize that vision. he has also helped the WBB program to believe they could do the same thing

i believe it is possible that Hendo can and does see that type of future with and for the jacks

Comment

That guy appears to just be copy/pasting other people's articles on his site. Here's the link to the Chicago Sun-Times article written by Joe Henricksen who is listed as the following on twitter: Editor/Publisher of the City/Suburban Hoops Report in Chicago • Chicago Sun-Times contributor.

The author's first line does seem a bit silly, "This would be a relatively quick climb for Henderson."

Coaches Otz and Smith both made the jump to the Mountain West, which is projected to have 4 teams playing in the tourney. Surely Coach Hendo would just stay here for some more guaranteed success than head off to rebuild at Illinois State.

Paywalled article mentioning him for the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee job that opened up yesterday. Here's a blog I read last week suggesting him for the Nebraska job prior to them announcing their plans to continue with Fred Hoiberg.
                        Last edited by peavy; 03-03-2022, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I hope we find a way to keep him around for a while.......

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I think they already named Klink as an asst/assc head coach for whoever gets the head coaching job.....
                            Would be a mistake IMO. Good long time loyal assistant but he isn’t Hendo or TJ or Nagy.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I think we would be blind and dumb not to think there is a possibility of losing Hendo. but i do not think he is in any hurry to go, unlike tj, and it will definitely take a job that is appealing in multiple ways. i guess i mean that this job was always a stepping stone for tj. i dont believe that Hendo sees it that way. i think he imagines a long life in brookings where he is incredibly happy and satisfied and successful. so leaving that situation is going to require something that feels really really good for him and his family
                              Hendo’s got 4 young kids … all middle school or younger. He can stay here and remain successful and secure an opportunity when the timing and opportunity is more attractive.

Comment

Working...
                              X