No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mavs 7:30pm Baxter Arena OMavs.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to win and see dent play so well. Apple struggled becuase refs. Schierman was droppin deeeeeeep 3s. That was impressive.

Would have been nice to see Friedel but i guess he isnt good enough to play anymore.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Glad to win and see dent play so well. Apple struggled becuase refs. Schierman was droppin deeeeeeep 3s. That was impressive.

Would have been nice to see Friedel but i guess he isnt good enough to play anymore.
      Not sure if you saw one of Zim's recent articles where Henderson expounded on Freidel's situation saying this:

“"I can tell you this',” Henderson said Tuesday when asked what’s going on with his leading scorer. “'I can tell you that Noah’s a good kid. I can tell you that Noah practices every day. I can tell you that his teammates and coaches love being around him. We want to do what’s best for our team and we also want to do what’s best for each individual. At the end of the day we want to make sure people are growing, maturing. We want to make sure there’s growth on the court and off the court. That’s where we’re at with Noah. We all want what’s best for Noah and we all care for him very deeply. I’ve told you since I got this job, I’m an educator at heart. I want to see people be successful in life and that’s what we’re doing with Noah.

“Noah understands what’s happening,” Henderson said when asked if Freidel is frustrated with not playing. “Noah loves being around his teammates so I’m sure there’s times where it’s not easy. I understand and respect that. But he understands the thought process behind everything.'”

and

"The Jacks are back in action Thursday at Omaha, then return home to face Denver on Saturday. It doesn’t sound like Freidel will be in the starting lineup Thursday, and when asked if Freidel might see the floor at some point, Henderson was noncommittal, to say the least.

“'I don’t really even – that’s really between what our staff is and the process between me and Noah, to be honest with you,'” he said.'

One can argue that Hendo has the luxury of the Jacks winning without Freidel, so he's able to bench him now, and who knows if Wilson's potential absence in upcoming games will expedite Freidel's return. Regardless, Hendo has reaffirmed to me that he's a coach the Jacks are lucky to have, and maybe we'll all look back on this as fans, and Freidel look back on it as a player, as a time when necessary sacrifices were made to improve both the program and him.

TLDR?? -- Freidel's absence isn't due to the quality of his play, and it's disingenuous for folks to suggest it is.

Comment

Once again Henderson is going to roll with such a short bench that come March we have nothing left in the tournament. Not finding some meaningful minutes during the season for players outside the 7-8 players in the rotation will come back to haunt us if there is an injury or covid...Would not be surprised if Winget and Freidel transfer out and would hardly blame them.

Comment

For those being critical of Henderson's use of a short bench, please enlighten us with who exactly you are hoping to see get minutes last night. I think Hendo and staff know what they have with Wingett (as they see him play every day in practice) and know he is a liability on defense and isn't the offensive star some were expecting. Could he eat up a few minutes, sure, but if he is not proving he can be competitive in practice, why?

Freidel and Wilson did not play last night for various reasons. Had they played, Hendo would have went 9 deep.....I don't understand being critical of a short bench under the circumstances.

Comment

I know there are frustrations with Hendo’s decisions here but I actually have a tremendous amount of respect for what he is doing right now. While it might be best for the scoring column to put Noah on the floor, it’s clear what Henderson is more focused on is his development as a person. Not all coaches would have that motivation, I’m glad ours does. Noah appeared very engaged in the game last night from the bench which was encouraging to see. Hoping we see him back on the floor soon but Henderson will know best when that should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post
              For those being critical of Henderson's use of a short bench, please enlighten us with who exactly you are hoping to see get minutes last night. I think Hendo and staff know what they have with Wingett (as they see him play every day in practice) and know he is a liability on defense and isn't the offensive star some were expecting. Could he eat up a few minutes, sure, but if he is not proving he can be competitive in practice, why?

Freidel and Wilson did not play last night for various reasons. Had they played, Hendo would have went 9 deep.....I don't understand being critical of a short bench under the circumstances.
              This.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                I know there are frustrations with Hendo’s decisions here but I actually have a tremendous amount of respect for what he is doing right now. While it might be best for the scoring column to put Noah on the floor, it’s clear what Henderson is more focused on is his development as a person. Not all coaches would have that motivation, I’m glad ours does. Noah appeared very engaged in the game last night from the bench which was encouraging to see. Hoping we see him back on the floor soon but Henderson will know best when that should be.
                And this. I believe the team is undefeated since the change in starting lineup. If you are more concerned about winning, or if you are more concerned about what is best for a team and/or a player, not sure how you can really find fault in either right now. Are people just frustrated because they don't know why? If so, why does it matter unless you are part of the team, staff, or family.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post

I'm not saying that I want to go deeper but in the post game Hendo said that Wingett "had a good week of practice" and "I would like to see him get more minutes".
                  I guess you need several good weeks of practice to see the floor.
                  Of course, I do not know what coach speak is so maybe he just said that to try to light a fire or some other weird coach talk.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Not sure if you saw one of Zim's recent articles where Henderson expounded on Freidel's situation saying this:

“"I can tell you this',” Henderson said Tuesday when asked what’s going on with his leading scorer. “'I can tell you that Noah’s a good kid. I can tell you that Noah practices every day. I can tell you that his teammates and coaches love being around him. We want to do what’s best for our team and we also want to do what’s best for each individual. At the end of the day we want to make sure people are growing, maturing. We want to make sure there’s growth on the court and off the court. That’s where we’re at with Noah. We all want what’s best for Noah and we all care for him very deeply. I’ve told you since I got this job, I’m an educator at heart. I want to see people be successful in life and that’s what we’re doing with Noah.

“Noah understands what’s happening,” Henderson said when asked if Freidel is frustrated with not playing. “Noah loves being around his teammates so I’m sure there’s times where it’s not easy. I understand and respect that. But he understands the thought process behind everything.'”

and

"The Jacks are back in action Thursday at Omaha, then return home to face Denver on Saturday. It doesn’t sound like Freidel will be in the starting lineup Thursday, and when asked if Freidel might see the floor at some point, Henderson was noncommittal, to say the least.

“'I don’t really even – that’s really between what our staff is and the process between me and Noah, to be honest with you,'” he said.'

One can argue that Hendo has the luxury of the Jacks winning without Freidel, so he's able to bench him now, and who knows if Wilson's potential absence in upcoming games will expedite Freidel's return. Regardless, Hendo has reaffirmed to me that he's a coach the Jacks are lucky to have, and maybe we'll all look back on this as fans, and Freidel look back on it as a player, as a time when necessary sacrifices were made to improve both the program and him.

TLDR?? -- Freidel's absence isn't due to the quality of his play, and it's disingenuous for folks to suggest it is.
                    I dont get the argus so thanks for posting. Glad zim addressed it though.

also my comment was a bit tongue in cheek. I guess i should have put more sarcasm into it.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I dont get the argus so thanks for posting. Glad zim addressed it though.

also my comment was a bit tongue in cheek. I guess i should have put more sarcasm into it.
                      I didn't think you necessarily believed time on bench was due to coaches' assessment of playing ability, but I think there are people who do, so I thought it best to refute that rather than allowing it to possibly gain traction

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I didn't think you necessarily believed time on bench was due to coaches' assessment of playing ability, but I think there are people who do, so I thought it best to refute that rather than allowing it to possibly gain traction
                        Hendo responding really helps clear it up. Its hard to take your best shooter and all of a sudden didnt play anymore. Helps coach put context into it ans that helps cut down on speculation.

Comment

Working...
                        X