Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance

I noted the attendance from yesterday's game to be around 3,300. Far cry from the packed house of yesteryear when the Coyotes came to town. This is a surprise knowing SDSU has a terrific team this year. Yeah, USD fans didn't show up. They announced a crowd of 3,500 for the women's game in Vermillion, yet, the television coverage showed so many empty seats. Sure, weather is a factor but it's been cold around here in January forever. Televising the game(s) hurts the gate but the casual fan can stay at home. I offer no opinion only an observation. Cue Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin'.

I was hoping for 4000. I suppose a lot of students were still gone, at both places. They shouldnt schedule this game or the bison game during break, at either place

Comment

We're still navigating the pandemic, and some are leery about attending indoor events with thousands of fans

Comment

Yea thats possible but i still think the students would have pushed it to 4000. The north sude appeared to be almost full, as did the reserved behind the benches. And the GA on south side was pretty full. It was the ends that was lacking and usually extra students would be sitting there for a usd game.

Comment

Students are still on break.

Also remember yesteryear tickets where like $10 and you got a DH.

Comment

I miss double headers. Mirror scheduling is the dumbest thing this conference does.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I know of 4 people that would have attended if not for the pandemic.

My wife and I did go to the game.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                I know of 4 people that would have attended if not for the pandemic.

My wife and I did go to the game.
                I caught covid from work this last week which kept me away from a whole weekend of Jackrabbit events. I'm sure I wasn't the only one stuck at home.
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  I miss double headers. Mirror scheduling is the dumbest thing this conference does.
                  It'd be interesting to learn whether Summit would consider return of doubleheaders

Comment

I've heard the women's programs don't like doubleheaders as they don't like feeling like a preliminary or open act. We arguably have our best mens team maybe ever and our support is lackluster at best.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      I've heard the women's programs don't like doubleheaders as they don't like feeling like a preliminary or open act. We arguably have our best mens team maybe ever and our support is lackluster at best.
                      Not sure I'm ready to criticize fans for lackluster support, given rising Covid case numbers and games being canceled

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

It'd be interesting to learn whether Summit would consider return of doubleheaders
                        Jacks are playing a doubleheader at Omaha on Thursday, and Omaha comes to Frost for a doubleheader in February.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Jacks are playing a doubleheader at Omaha on Thursday, and Omaha comes to Frost for a doubleheader in February.
                          I'm a fan, and I'd favor them being norm, rather than exception

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'm a fan, and I'd favor them being norm, rather than exception
                            I agree. Not sure if the schools have to make a request to scrap the mirror schedule and play doubleheaders, or how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I agree. Not sure if the schools have to make a request to scrap the mirror schedule and play doubleheaders, or how that works.
                              Hate to harp on pandemic again, but I wonder if League belief is that splitting the venues can minimize potential of cancellations impacting both men's and women's teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X