Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for the Reaching the Summit podcast

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has questions for next weeks Reaching the Summit College Basketball Podcast? Reply below and we will get some into the podcast.

Everyone is going to want to know about Noah…

Dentlinger regression or is everyone around him getting better?

Wingett and Mims gone after this year? I think a lot depends on Noah but Wingetts D is holding him back and Mims has to be able to hit 3’s if they want more playing time.

Had a good friend suggest the name “Miracle Whip” for Mayo. Seems catchy to me!

Talk about the new recruits. Any inside info on how Garry verbal went down?
    It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post

Wingett and Mims gone after this year? I think a lot depends on Noah but Wingetts D is holding him back and Mims has to be able to hit 3’s if they want more playing time.

There's a Blue Plate Mayo. Maybe "Blue State Mayo" (since he seems to be "authentic" rather than a mayo substitute like Miracle Whip).

Speaking of Mayo, I'd be interested in a discussion of how his play, not to mention the rest of the starting rotation, has potentially contributed to the handling of whatever the situation is with Freidel.

Relatedly, if the Jacks must deal with another prolonged Freidel absence, and still manage to win Summit title, how it solidifies Hendo's coaching bona fides

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

There's a Blue Plate Mayo. Maybe "Blue State Mayo" (since he seems to be "authentic" rather than a mayo substitute like Miracle Whip).

Speaking of Mayo, I'd be interested in a discussion of how his play, not to mention the rest of the starting rotation, has potentially contributed to the handling of whatever the situation is with Freidel.

Relatedly, if the Jacks must deal with another prolonged Freidel absence, and still manage to win Summit title, how it solidifies Hendo's coaching bona fides

Well in the last podcast they did discuss Mayo for a couple of minutes. All 3 hosts had high praise of his play. They thought he could start on any team in the Summit. They did like his offensive game and thought his defense was getting better also.

They also discussed the Freidel situation. Although Hendo did answer the question in the post game press conference, he really did not answer the question either. All 3 hosts were OK with Hendo not answering the question, they said that coaches are not obligated to answer the media questions if they don't want to. The hosts then speculated that maybe Friedel thought the Jacks could not beat ORU without him, since we lost to ORU in the Summit tourney without Freidel. And if this was the case, Hendo was making a point that the team can beat ORU without Friedel. Again the hosts have no knowledge of why Freidel did not play, but was speculating what the reason was and if this was the reason, then Hendo was trying to prove a point.

I know the podcast is going to have the new Summit League Commissioner on in a few weeks and I want them to ask him if he is going to negotiate a new TV deal for the league. Right now if SDSU plays at UMKC, the game may not be available on-line or TV. I feel that all members should have video available so everyone can at least watch the away games. It is a great way to build a fan base for all schools. This may also promote higher attendance for home games.

Another question would be about scheduling rivalry games during Christmas break. This really diminishes the home attendance when a rival is in town and the students are out of town. I know scheduling is tough, and not all schools have a true rival, but UND vs. NDSU, SDSU vs. USD and NDSU would be a lot better with a packed house instead of a half filled house.

Well I do enjoy listening to the podcast and I hope you keep having it for years to come.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I believe there is some privacy issues surrounding health issues(Freidel) that should not be shared even if some information has been available in the past. There are also team rules that are not required to be fed into the rumor mill.
          I would also like more games available to watch online. UMKC( I think), ORU, WIU, USD, & Omaha have made games available on the athletic websites. It is not always the best quality and often times we hear trainees do the PxP. Some teams(SDSU & Denver) have a pay station online. The problem accessing road games is that often times it is difficult to get a strong signal if you are sitting in Frost. That brings around the mirror schedule which is a sticky subject. The new commissioner will likely address these items.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I listen to the podcast each week as soon as it comes out. Nice work!

You guys have some good points I'd love to hear the new commissioner's thoughts on, should he agree to be interviewed. The rivalry game topic definitely needs to be fleshed out. If in-person attendance, TV viewership, and general buzz about the Summit are important you have to take a stand and say that these Dakota rivalry games are a priority. No other league teams have anything like it. Definitely don't play them over holiday break. Do the USD/SDSU games for men and women really need to be held the same day? What does that accomplish, other than reduce attendance?

The TV questions are great too? If you're trying to grow this league you have to clean that up and get every game on (at least) ESPN+.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post

I like it when he puts on a "mayo clinic" , him being from Minn. And "fry daddy" Noah Freidel bringing the "heat" from the three.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                I like it when he puts on a "mayo clinic" , him being from Minn. And "fry daddy" Noah Freidel bringing the "heat" from the three.
                Mayo is from KS.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Mayo is from KS.
                  Then....there goes that. Thanks, should have known.

Comment

Working...
                  X