GDT: Jackrabbits vs Lumberjacks 2pm NACOGDOCHES ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Charlie Easley's defense was important down the stretch, plus he got a couple of big buckets as well.
    Wingett only played 3 minutes, but he did a good defensive job on Kensli when all the bigs were on the bench. 8 points out of Easley was great.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Noah just punished SFA down the stretch. Good for him and good for this squad. 50/50 game going into the final 8 minutes on the road and the guards took over the game. That's a massive win.

Comment

That was a big road win. Freidel has really matured since last year, great to see! Things to work on but good start to the season and this team looks to be a level higher than the past few years.

Comment

Wilson needs to show some patience. Plays way too fast, and gets out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
            Noah just punished SFA down the stretch. Good for him and good for this squad. 50/50 game going into the final 8 minutes on the road and the guards took over the game. That's a massive win.
            We looked a little gassed when SFA was making their run, but we caught our second wind, settled down and came away with a good win on the road.

Comment

We definitely need more from our bigs. And Baylor still hasn't shot it well yet from three. There's room to play better ball, but this was a needed split for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Wilson needs to show some patience. Plays way too fast, and gets out of control.
                I agree. Appel tends to do that as well. Luckily big Dent continues to play within himself….and came up big for us today.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                  We definitely need more from our bigs. And Baylor still hasn't shot it well yet from three. There's room to play better ball, but this was a needed split for the weekend.
                  When Baylor has a big height advantage like today, would like to just clear out a side and post him up. Getting a few easy buckets might get him going.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post

I agree. Appel tends to do that as well. Luckily big Dent continues to play within himself….and came up big for us today.
                    Really? Appel looks like he's had a good off season. Throws his weight around but smoother offensively. imo

Comment

Fun game today. Noah and the Jacks did a nice job down the stretch. It was fun to talk with some fellow SDSU fans after the game.

Sometimes it feels like I’m on an island, being probably the only SDSU grad (and fan) living in Nacogdoches. So talking with some fellow Jackrabbits was a real treat.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post

Really? Appel looks like he's had a good off season. Throws his weight around but smoother offensively. imo
                        Agree. He struggled a bit with Bradley's size, but I thought the showed really well against Alabama and then again today.

I think we need to let Friedel create more on offense, especially during stretches where we aren't scoring. We go far too long without getting him looks IMO. He's shown he'll make the right play if his shot isn't there. It could also free up Scheierman for some more open looks from deep.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post

He seems to pick up at least one offensive foul trying to do too much with his aggressive spin moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post

He seems to pick up at least one offensive foul trying to do too much with his aggressive spin moves.
                            Agree, perhaps cause he is trying to make up for so much time lost on the bench.... chicken or egg question I guess

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                              So nice to have Freidel back. He’s a future SL POY. Jacks beat the Jacks!
                              My dad recalls fondly when the Jacks played SFA for Hobo Day in 2007, and the PA announcer mistakenly called them the "Lumberyards"

Comment

Had to listen on the radio, but nevertheless, thanks to MBB for partially salvaging a Jacks sports weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X