X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBA score: 104-88.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Scheierman needs to find his shot to stay close with teams like Bama. They are a top 10 team. Dentlinger was a non-factor. It's going to be hard to keep Mayo out of the line-up as the season goes on.

Comment

There were more than one area that the Jacks needed to
        perform better in last night. But to me the biggest one was rebounding/second chance points. Im
        not sure if it will show up in the stats as a glaring difference or not (didn’t look), but it sure seemed to bite us. On a side note quite a few of their fans came up to us and made a concerted effort to tell us they thought the Jacks were a really good team. Take it for what it’s worth, on to Texas!

Comment

Wasn't able to watch any of the game, just some highlights. Looks like Noah was hitting some big pull up threes and Zeke looked good throughout?

Baylor's 10 and 18 line looks pretty similar to Bradley. Looks like he struggled shooting... we certainly need him to be the dynamic scorer he was at the end of last season. Other than that, how'd he look running the offense? Thought he had some uncharacteristic TO's against Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            There were more than one area that the Jacks needed to
            perform better in last night. But to me the biggest one was rebounding/second chance points. Im
            not sure if it will show up in the stats as a glaring difference or not (didn’t look), but it sure seemed to bite us. On a side note quite a few of their fans came up to us and made a concerted effort to tell us they thought the Jacks were a really good team. Take it for what it’s worth, on to Texas!
            Did it appear like there was something wrong with Dentlinger. ? Tuned in a couple of minutes into the game and he was already on the bench, and he only played 13 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Did it appear like there was something wrong with Dentlinger. ? Tuned in a couple of minutes into the game and he was already on the bench, and he only played 13 minutes.
              Considering we sat 5ft away from him I’d say no. I just don’t think he was quick enough to stay with them.

Comment

Appel played very well with Wilson picking up some cheap(questionable) fouls. 6 assists and a few big buckets against much longer and more athletic defense. I think that's maybe part of the reason you didnt see Dent as much as well. I love Dent but he can be overwhelmed IMO with size and athleticism, thought it looked that way last night.

Friedel can play against anyone in the country. If we want to win a game against a top team in the ncaa tourney we will need a healthy and engaged Friedel. He's the type of player that could get hot and carry us to a big win or two. Our big men can dominate in the Summit and are tremendous mid major players but are always going to have a lot tougher time against P5 length and athleticism. Need Friedel.

Scheierman certainly getting a lot of attention from opposing teams. Forced a few shots. He just cant be afraid to get limited shots some nights if thats the case we have plenty of others who can score it if left open. Not worried about him, he's an incredibly savvy player and will adjust if teams play him like this.

Alabama is the type of team we would play in the tourney. After watching last night no doubt in my mind we can play with and BEAT this caliber of a team, especially on a neutral floor.

Comment

A lot of good action by the Jacks. This team is very likeable.

Comment

Couple thoughts:

Doug needs to stay out of foul trouble. Several of his fouls were just bad decisions.

Doug can be a black hole with the basketball at times.

Some questionable shot selection. During a couple of those Alabama runs we jacked up quick deep 3’s.

Comment

I saw (albeit, in a women's game) a gal in a contest to secure the ball where the ball was close to the baseline and two gals fighting for control of the ball , literally grab the other gals wrist and pulled her arm back so she couldn't use both hands to grab ahold of the ball, consequently, it went out of bounds. The ref called it last touched by the gal who's arm was pulled back, gave the ball to the other team for inbounding at the baseline. It was quite obvious on the replay, guess no one watches those and pleads for a review , anyway, that's part of the game, and if you're lucky, these things don't happen to your team too much and at critical points in very tight games, and if it does, you have to be mentally tough and forget about it.. Sorry, I digress

Comment

The Tide gives the Jacks RPI a boost with a big win over Gonzaga.

Comment

Working...
                        X