Alabama GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama GDT

Alabama is ranked 14th in the nation. we are 11.5 point underdogs.
    It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Could this be the game the Jacks get over the hump against a legit high major? Two years ago when this group first came together they hung with both USC and Arizona until the end (some unfortunate late intentional fouls killed them in both of those games). Last year they went toe to toe with a really good West Virginia team but also came up just short.

I think this Alabama team is better than any of those prior teams we've played, but if the Jacks have a good shooting night they can definitely play with them. Might come down to some big shots in the final minutes.

Comment

Gonna have to play a lot better than Tuesday to win this one.

Comment

I would expect the somewhat long and experienced Tide to treat Wilson the same as Bradley. (Their 2 big men picked up 9 fouls as starters.) They have 1 freshman in the starting lineup that is 7'. The rest are juniors, senior, or a grad student. The guards will likely drive the ball. Nate Oats is beginning his 3rd year as head coach and he recently unveiled the #3 best recruiting class for 2022. The Jackrabbits will need to continue to get those rebounds and push the tempo. They are not looking for a moral victory in Tuscaloosa. The defense against a talented team will be important to reduce those easy shots. It should be a good crowd there to watch this game as 12,600 watched Alabama play La Tech. Go Jacks!!
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Definitely looking for a moral victory in Tuscaloosa. It's very possible we get put to bed in this one because of what we are up against. I just hope we can adjust to their greatness and be somewhat competitive.

Comment

ok, now i am confused, should it, or should they not be looking for a moral victory.

If we can shoot well we should be able to keep it competitive imho.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm just speaking for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
                I'm just speaking for myself.
                I admit i dont know much about alabama, but i hope they do the classic overlook the mid major program assuming its an easy win. Then Friedel goes all Nate Wolters at Washington on them.......If Wilson can pass out we should have shooters knock some down. if he tries to muscle or finesse is way it will be rough going.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  ok, now i am confused, should it, or should they not be looking for a moral victory.

If we can shoot well we should be able to keep it competitive imho.
                  I am just guessing, but if the team loses a close game or a blowout game...there will not be any back slapping cheerful moments in Tuscaloosa by the team or coaches. This team wants to win games against ranked teams like the WBB has over the years. They expect to win games. There may be positive takeaways that are part of the improvement process which should not be confused with "we did good".
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Victory-victory or bust! ("Why not us?")

("Don't answer that.")
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks have been competitive in spurts, but in between those, Alabama's been, well, more competitive.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hendo needed to call a timeout about two minutes before that under 8 break. Baylor got mugged on that drive to the bucket.

Comment

Bama athleticism and ball movement has the Jacks running around, and they keep knocking down the 3's.

Comment

Jacks not folding quite yet...75-86 5:18 to go.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If anybody's read the "Monster Hunter International" books . . . having to play an Alabama team with a Shackleford on it is . . . worrisome.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X