@ Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks

Figured this is a long shot, but if any of y'all are planning on attending the game in Nacogdoches, Texas this Sunday the 14th, I'll be there. I live about 2 1/2 hrs from 'Nac', so it's a great opportunity to see the SD Jacks take on the TX Jacks. Hit me up, if you'd like to get together. I went to the men's NIT game vs the Texas Longhorns, a few years ago. Will likely be wearing my yellow and blue striped overalls, and a cowboy hat. Go Jackrabbits! Class of 2011
    "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

4 of us are flying down to Birmingham, then driving to Tuscaloosa. Weather permitting. We are then going to stroll our way to Shreveport on Saturday. Plan to hit "Nac" mid late morning Sunday. We don't have a clue about Nac, so a cool place to eat before the game would be great, plus meeting up with other Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      4 of us are flying down to Birmingham, then driving to Tuscaloosa. Weather permitting. We are then going to stroll our way to Shreveport on Saturday. Plan to hit "Nac" mid late morning Sunday. We don't have a clue about Nac, so a cool place to eat before the game would be great, plus meeting up with other Jacks!
      Awesome! I'm fairly familiar with Nacogdoches. It is about the size of Brookings. Has a brewery open on weekends (Fredonia), and a number of unique restaurants. Be prepared for some legit Cajun, Tex Mex, and seafood. Plus there's always Whataburger (a must if you've never had it). I've been eyeing up a few sports bars, for a possible rendezvous. Looks like Macklemore's Ale House is a very popular option. Bottlecap Alley Grill looks good, too. The Republic Steakhouse appears to be a more upscale choice. Shouldn't be hard to find cold adult beverages, and good eats!

Comment

Originally posted by wr54 View Post

Awesome! I'm fairly familiar with Nacogdoches. It is about the size of Brookings. Has a brewery open on weekends (Fredonia), and a number of unique restaurants. Be prepared for some legit Cajun, Tex Mex, and seafood. Plus there's always Whataburger (a must if you've never had it). I've been eyeing up a few sports bars, for a possible rendezvous. Looks like Macklemore's Ale House is a very popular option. Bottlecap Alley Grill looks good, too. The Republic Steakhouse appears to be a more upscale choice. Shouldn't be hard to find cold adult beverages, and good eats!
        I’ve lived in Nacogdoches for the last four years (wife teaches at SFA). El Ranchero and Casa Tomas are my go-to places for Tex-Mex. C.C.’s Smokehouse is awesome for BBQ (even if they don’t have plates). If you want a good breakfast, Dolli’s Diner downtown is a must. In fact, Dolli’s husband is originally from Huron!

I don’t drink much anymore, but the Fredonia Hotel has a nice bar (9 Flags). Fredonia Brewery is kitty-corner from the hotel and has good brew (try the blueberry ale if they still have it.) Avoid Macklemore’s after 9 pm on Saturday (gets full of college students), but try their Corned Beef Hash for Sunday Brunch (it’s called Reuben Hash, but it’s the same thing).

I bought my tickets yesterday. Couldn’t find where the SDSU fans are sitting, so my wife and I are sitting right behind the table. Johnson Coliseum just underwent a massive expansion over the last two years, so it should be pretty nice (it was still a big mess in May when I walked for my M. Ed.).

See y’all there!
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post

I’ve lived in Nacogdoches for the last four years (wife teaches at SFA). El Ranchero and Casa Tomas are my go-to places for Tex-Mex. C.C.’s Smokehouse is awesome for BBQ (even if they don’t have plates). If you want a good breakfast, Dolli’s Diner downtown is a must. In fact, Dolli’s husband is originally from Huron!

I don’t drink much anymore, but the Fredonia Hotel has a nice bar (9 Flags). Fredonia Brewery is kitty-corner from the hotel and has good brew (try the blueberry ale if they still have it.) Avoid Macklemore’s after 9 pm on Saturday (gets full of college students), but try their Corned Beef Hash for Sunday Brunch (it’s called Reuben Hash, but it’s the same thing).

I bought my tickets yesterday. Couldn’t find where the SDSU fans are sitting, so my wife and I are sitting right behind the table. Johnson Coliseum just underwent a massive expansion over the last two years, so it should be pretty nice (it was still a big mess in May when I walked for my M. Ed.).

See y’all there!
          Small world! Thanks for the recommendations. Sounds like a great time is in store. I also bought a ticket near the table. Even after some extensive research, I couldn't determine which area is which, in terms of bench space. Oh well. I've been known to move around, a bit. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
          X