No announcement yet.

2021-22 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any word how the scrimmage with Iowa state went yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
      Any word how the scrimmage with Iowa state went yesterday?
      I heard it went well and we can really score it. But we had a few guys out but I'm not sure why. We will scrimmage Drake this coming weekend instead of playing any exhibition games this year. Which is totally fine with me as that seems to be better for the development of the team than a blowout scrimmage game.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what happens Covid-wise when players come back after being home from Christmas break. Saw a tweet from a national writer that a lot of cancellations are expected when teams get back together. Jacks may be fortunate to have players from areas where the new variant hasn't really taken hold yet. The professional leagues have been a mess with positive tests, and a few college FB teams are starting to back out of bowl games.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          It will be interesting to see what happens Covid-wise when players come back after being home from Christmas break. Saw a tweet from a national writer that a lot of cancellations are expected when teams get back together. Jacks may be fortunate to have players from areas where the new variant hasn't really taken hold yet. The professional leagues have been a mess with positive tests, and a few college FB teams are starting to back out of bowl games.
          I haven’t seen anything official yet, but assume the Summit will be decided by winning percentage again like last year.

A quick scroll through tomorrow’s MBB games on the ESPN app show 14 of 29 games are cancelled or postponed. The Summit is likely to get hit soon.

Comment

And so it begins. Jacks game in Grand Forks on New Year's Day canceled due to issues in the ND program. Declared a no contest, and will not be made up. Kansas City men and Denver women also have problems, and games this week involving them also canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              And so it begins. Jacks game in Grand Forks on New Year's Day canceled due to issues in the ND program. Declared a no contest, and will not be made up. Kansas City men and Denver women also have problems, and games this week involving them also canceled.
              I understand going by winning percentage but it can make things unfair.

Last year, SDSU's WBB team had both games against USD at home.

On the men's side, SDSU had games against Denver (1-13 in the Summit league) and Omaha (3-11 in the Summit league) cancelled. SDSU did win the conference but those were the two worst teams in the league. That could cost teams a seed or two, Didn't NDSU have to beat USD the last game of the season for SDSU to get the top seed?

I guess it is probably the fairest way to do things but it does not punish the teams that make the games get cancelled but it could hurt the other team.
              Heck, I think my WBB team will have Covid problems when they have a road trip to South Dakota. J.K.

Comment

At least we’re missing a road game. The worst case is having to cancel a home game against one of the bottom-level teams. It seems like that happened to us last year.
                It’s concerning that the SDSU/USD games are next week. It would be a shame to miss those.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  At least we’re missing a road game. The worst case is having to cancel a home game against one of the bottom-level teams. It seems like that happened to us last year.
                  It’s concerning that the SDSU/USD games are next week. It would be a shame to miss those.
                  You have to think that most college campuses are going to have a spike when students return, especially if the new variant is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I haven’t seen anything official yet, but assume the Summit will be decided by winning percentage again like last year.

A quick scroll through tomorrow’s MBB games on the ESPN app show 14 of 29 games are cancelled or postponed. The Summit is likely to get hit soon.
                    Per this afternoon's news release, winning percentage will be the first criteria for seeding purposes

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Per this afternoon's news release, winning percentage will be the first criteria for seeding purposes
                      Just in time for the cancellations for KC & UND men and likely Denver women.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Weird. Seems like the underdogs are the only teams covid affects.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          Weird. Seems like the underdogs are the only teams covid affects.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                          It affected the 'Yotes last season too, and I suspect fans of the other teams would accuse conference favorites of engaging in protocol conspiracies/masking positive cases to prevent cancellations

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Just in time for the cancellations for KC & UND men and likely Denver women.
                            It'd be interesting to research differences in testing protocols, Covid prevalence & incidence, and athletics budgets to ascertain potential correlations among those and other variables.

​​​Assuming the Summit is ensuring teams have relatively similar testing and mitigation measures in place, I don't think it'd be fair to force teams to forfeit if/when cases are detected. That serves to discourage players from reporting symptoms, and potentially being tested, and teams from reporting positive cases.

However, if the league finds specific instances of lax testing & mitigation and/or repeat violations, I could understand forcing teams to forfeit

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

I understand going by winning percentage but it can make things unfair.

Last year, SDSU's WBB team had both games against USD at home.

On the men's side, SDSU had games against Denver (1-13 in the Summit league) and Omaha (3-11 in the Summit league) cancelled. SDSU did win the conference but those were the two worst teams in the league. That could cost teams a seed or two, Didn't NDSU have to beat USD the last game of the season for SDSU to get the top seed?

I guess it is probably the fairest way to do things but it does not punish the teams that make the games get cancelled but it could hurt the other team.
                              Heck, I think my WBB team will have Covid problems when they have a road trip to South Dakota. J.K.
                              What if 1 team cancels more tough games, likely losses, and because of it has a higher winning percentage than a team who has more games cancelled playing doormats ( likely w's) This skews the whole process making it totally unfair. Asterisk time again.

Comment

Working...
                              X