something to talk about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something to talk about

hey i said it the other day. the jacks are one of my few great passions. i love to talk about the jacks. not much going on at moment with no games in the big 3 sports for over a week.

how about this?

what player in the conference from the D1 era would you choose if you could put him on the jacks squad next year? i think if you choose a former rabbit it will pretty obviously come down to one of 2-4 guys, but maybe somebody has a sleeper?

we could look into what next year team needs and all that, but i am guessing the players we will think of would provide a boost to any team regardless of positional needs.

i wont drag it out any more or go into further detail, i will just say the player i would love to see in a jacks uniform would be Jon Konchar.

i purposely picked a non rabbit player, as i said i think those are obvious, but just to be clear if i am choosing ANY former summit player. i think for me Daum is a no brainer. i know some of you have been screaming out the merits of great guard play in the tourney and NO DOUBT that is true. but i have ZERO doubt that the guard play we will have next year would be more than good enough to succeed in ncaa games if we could add a mike daum to the team. he played in 3 ncaa games and 1 nit and he was good to excellent in all 4 games.

of course nate is obvious but i would not be unhappy in any way to have another year of deondre parks

i will leave it at that. i hope some of you will play along))

Keith Benson, Oakland 2007-2010. 6'11" beast.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

i like that choice a lot)) i think we could be pretty solid next year with an addition like that))

i definitely remember him and agree with you but maybe i do not think of him as much, as the first kid who always comes to my mind from oakland is the bader kid)!! i wanna say first name ryan but for some reason that does not feel right

i still think probably as good a shooter as have seen in the conference in the jacks time. those of you itching for great guard play, would you take a shooter like that?

i am NOT positive but i think benson senior year they also had hamilton and bader. definitely a squad talented enough to win an ncaa tourney game but they didnt. a little bit of luck on the draw really helps!!

ORU is definitely good and playing well and i wish them the best!! but they have not yet faced a team with more than one quality player with size. they would get destroyed 9 times out of 10 by teams like the baylor team, maryland team, and gonzaga teams the jacks played. they have no answers for teams with that much quality size except for trying to go crazy from three and trade you 2 for 3

Comment

How about Landis or Forbes from IPFW?

If former Jacks are eligible -- Tevin King or Cody Larson

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
          i like that choice a lot)) i think we could be pretty solid next year with an addition like that))

i definitely remember him and agree with you but maybe i do not think of him as much, as the first kid who always comes to my mind from oakland is the bader kid)!! i wanna say first name ryan but for some reason that does not feel right

i still think probably as good a shooter as have seen in the conference in the jacks time. those of you itching for great guard play, would you take a shooter like that?

i am NOT positive but i think benson senior year they also had hamilton and bader. definitely a squad talented enough to win an ncaa tourney game but they didnt. a little bit of luck on the draw really helps!!

ORU is definitely good and playing well and i wish them the best!! but they have not yet faced a team with more than one quality player with size. they would get destroyed 9 times out of 10 by teams like the baylor team, maryland team, and gonzaga teams the jacks played. they have no answers for teams with that much quality size except for trying to go crazy from three and trade you 2 for 3
          Believe it was Travis

Comment

It was Travis Bader, who works in Brooklyn Nets organization. Ryan Bader is a Pro MMA fighter.

Comment

If he could play every game like the one he had in Frost a year ago, Ade Murkey from Denver.

Comment

YESSSS i knew ryan did not sound right))) wow my brain is getting old) haha yes ticket if he could play EVERY game like that, then he could definitely be the guy)) but if we go that route what if umude plays every game like he did against us at the pentagon. they coyotes have definitely had some good ones and still do but my mind basically cannot go down that road)

yeah jake i love tevin king!! one of my all time very favorite jackrabbits, but strictly playing wise i would have to admit i put quite a few before him, but he was a super good kid (even though he always looked like a FULL grown man) and a great teammate- i love that deondre little brother came to live with deondre and tevin and jake bittle and tevin and jake helped deondre take care of him. one of the best examples i can think of- as what i think of as jackrabbits

Comment

For SDSU, outside of the obvious picks, Skyler Flatten. From other teams, I would have to say George Hill or Ben Woodside. Both incredible guards

Comment

yeah wow we have got to watch some pretty great players in our time in the summit. hill was obviously exceptional. and woodside was a freaking animal. i am still picking konchar over everyone so far) i loved everything about his game. every year i was hoping that he would realize he wasnt going to the tourney with IPFW and he would decide to come and play alongside daum))) haha that would have been way too much fun))

Comment

IUPUI's Alex Young.
                      Oakland's Jonathan Jones
                      IPFW'S Jon Konchar
                      ORU'S Dominique Morrison
                      NDSU's Michael Tveidt

To name a few. ( I can't believe it's been 10+ years since some of those were in the league.)

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

YESSSS i knew ryan did not sound right))) wow my brain is getting old) haha yes ticket if he could play EVERY game like that, then he could definitely be the guy)) but if we go that route what if umude plays every game like he did against us at the pentagon. they coyotes have definitely had some good ones and still do but my mind basically cannot go down that road)

yeah jake i love tevin king!! one of my all time very favorite jackrabbits, but strictly playing wise i would have to admit i put quite a few before him, but he was a super good kid (even though he always looked like a FULL grown man) and a great teammate- i love that deondre little brother came to live with deondre and tevin and jake bittle and tevin and jake helped deondre take care of him. one of the best examples i can think of- as what i think of as jackrabbits
                        King's defense and hustle/effort always impressed me, and I think he was underappreciated his first couple seasons, in particular

I almost picked Umude as one, if only because it'd be a fascinating counterfactual to consider how this season might've played out if the Showdown incident had never happened. Then again, if Umude had been here, I wonder if Freidel opts to sign with Jacks due to playing time/roster considerations

Comment

Tevin King is also one of my favorite Jacks of all time, along with Griffan Callahan.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                          X