Post Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Season

I see the Jacks did not receive a bid to the NIT. Hendo seemed to imply they may be done even if there was an opportunity to play in a post season tournament. Under a normal year a team who won the season title and did not win their conference tournament or a bid to the dance would automatically go to the NIT. I'm sure this year is different, but looking at the field of the NIT we certainly belong.
    Last edited by JACKGUYII; 03-15-2021, 11:58 AM.

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I see the Jacks did not receive a bid to the NIT. Hendo seemed to imply they may be done even if there was an opportunity to play in a post season tournament. Under a normal year a team who won the season title and did win their conference tournament or a bid to the dance would automatically go to the NIT. I'm sure this year is different, but looking at the field of the NIT we certainly belong.
    One thing interesting during the Selection Show yesterday. Gumbel explained the replacement team process. If a one-bid conference team has COVID issues and can't play in the tourney another team from that conference will replacement. Anyone know what the Summit's approach to the replacement team? Tournament runner-up or regular season champion? I can make a pretty compelling argument for both ways.

Multi-bid conference replacements come from the pool of replacement teams.

Comment

I could be wrong but I was under the impression they were gearing up for the CBI as of last week.

Comment

Surprised they decided to do the CBI this year. The CIT was already cancelled. This is the last chance for any team to continue play this season. I hope the Jacks take it if given the chance. Teams will be announced Tuesday evening.
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
          Surprised they decided to do the CBI this year. The CIT was already cancelled. This is the last chance for any team to continue play this season. I hope the Jacks take it if given the chance. Teams will be announced Tuesday evening.
          Did some googling. Seems like this will be an 8 team field and we aren't one of the 8. https://www.wbtw.com/sports/coastal-...bi-tournament/

Honestly, I just can't imagine expecting the players to play in this tourney. With all the Covid protocols I'm guessing the guys are mentally drained.

Comment

Looks like they announced the bracket not long after my post. I would have liked to have seen the Jacks play to keep their postseason streak alive. Some postseason play every year since 2012?
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Did some googling. Seems like this will be an 8 team field and we aren't one of the 8. https://www.wbtw.com/sports/coastal-...bi-tournament/

Honestly, I just can't imagine expecting the players to play in this tourney. With all the Covid protocols I'm guessing the guys are mentally drained.
              Teams that make the Big Dance have to test negative for 7 consecutive days before their first game, and I'm guessing every day that they stay alive in the tournament. They will likely never want to see a nose swab again for the rest of their lives. And six of the top men's officials, including Teddy Valentine will not be working, as they all went out to dinner together last night while waiting for their hotel rooms, and one of them tested positive today.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Teams that make the Big Dance have to test negative for 7 consecutive days before their first game, and I'm guessing every day that they stay alive in the tournament. They will likely never want to see a nose swab again for the rest of their lives. And six of the top men's officials, including Teddy Valentine will not be working, as they all went out to dinner together last night while waiting for their hotel rooms, and one of them tested positive today.
                Heard that today as well. Were you listening to Dan Barreiro by chance!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

Heard that today as well. Were you listening to Dan Barreiro by chance!
                  Saw it on Twitter.

Comment

In some ways it has felt like longer than three years since we made the big dance. Watching the women’s section show today made me even more disappointed our men didn’t make it again. I’m ready to fast forward to next season and break this negative streak but agree any postseason play and experience is helpful.

Comment

Working...
                    X