No announcement yet.

Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am pretty sure this kind of crap is why coach K and coach Wright decided to hang up their whistles. and it is just more of the progression that made me stop watching the nba and pretty much all college sports except for the rabbits

YES absolutely 100% these kids have every right to pursue what is best for them and their family. but if this is about the nba it is grotesquely STUPID and somebody is giving him terrible advice!! the best players are going to be playing in the nba and it makes ZERO difference where they go to college!! IT NEVER HAS!!

there have been multiple players in the nba from naia schools. do you really think that some other larry birds and magic johnsons or even john stocktons were out playing in city leagues some place because somehow the nba could not find them???

if baylor is good enough to play in the nba then he will and if he is not then he wont. if he wants to keep playing hoops for money there are more opportinities for that than ever. and he could make excellent money for as long as he wants playing outside the nba. and if that does not work out, then heaven forbid he makes a living doing something other than playing a game like almost everyone else in the world.

if it is about the money. well like i said, just further progression of the selfishness and stupidity that makes me not watch much sports any more. OF COURSE if he can make tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. that gets pretty tough to pass up

for a kid who is a borderline nba guy at best if he can really make big money because of NIL then we are really in trouble. because that is going to make it almost impossible to ever keep the next nate wolters or mike daum for more than a year or two

would be very very hard to pass up that type of money. and i do not see how it would be possible to be upset at a kid for taking it!!! who of us would not take it if we had the chance. but if that is the case i will probably be done watching the rabbits too. the world IS NOT and SHOULD NOT be all about money. but maybe the lawyers and the ncaa have found a way to make college sports or probably football and MBB and some other things to a far far smaller degree all about money

so anyway if it is about the money, then good luck baylor!! i hope you get a huge payday!! but if it is about the nba well i am sorry, i love baylor!! but he is NOT a better player than wolters or daum or benson or mooney or konchar. none of those GREAT players made it in any big way or made it at all in the nba. and moving to a different school and different league WILL NOT MAKE A TINY DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE

the jacks will be absolutely totally fine!!! they have had many many great players come and go and they continue to have an amazing mbb program year after year!!! but if they are going to become just another one and done or two and done place like the rest of college basketball..... well i dont even know what but it will not be the same in the worst possible way!!!

and if it is gonna go this way, is it just a matter of time until the money grubbers will ruin wbb and everything else?? or have they decided that football and mbb are where the money is at and they do not care about the rest?

so i hope it all works out for baylor. and truly if he is going for the money, i cannot blame him!!! but he is the FIRST player we have ever lost when he really had no reason to go (school, sports, team, teammate wise) and while that door might have been opened eventually, if that is the path mbb is on, the player who opened that door is going to be remembered with at least a mildly harsh light.

Comment

• All the reason why SDSU needs to get into the valley

Comment

• I would like Baylor to be a Rabbit next year, but if he isn't I am glad I got to watch him during his time here. If he does end up moving on I am also really excited to see who Hendo brings in. Best of luck to Baylor, Go Jacks!!
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
          I am pretty sure this kind of crap is why coach K and coach Wright decided to hang up their whistles. and it is just more of the progression that made me stop watching the nba and pretty much all college sports except for the rabbits

YES absolutely 100% these kids have every right to pursue what is best for them and their family. but if this is about the nba it is grotesquely STUPID and somebody is giving him terrible advice!! the best players are going to be playing in the nba and it makes ZERO difference where they go to college!! IT NEVER HAS!!

there have been multiple players in the nba from naia schools. do you really think that some other larry birds and magic johnsons or even john stocktons were out playing in city leagues some place because somehow the nba could not find them???

if baylor is good enough to play in the nba then he will and if he is not then he wont. if he wants to keep playing hoops for money there are more opportinities for that than ever. and he could make excellent money for as long as he wants playing outside the nba. and if that does not work out, then heaven forbid he makes a living doing something other than playing a game like almost everyone else in the world.

if it is about the money. well like i said, just further progression of the selfishness and stupidity that makes me not watch much sports any more. OF COURSE if he can make tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. that gets pretty tough to pass up

for a kid who is a borderline nba guy at best if he can really make big money because of NIL then we are really in trouble. because that is going to make it almost impossible to ever keep the next nate wolters or mike daum for more than a year or two

would be very very hard to pass up that type of money. and i do not see how it would be possible to be upset at a kid for taking it!!! who of us would not take it if we had the chance. but if that is the case i will probably be done watching the rabbits too. the world IS NOT and SHOULD NOT be all about money. but maybe the lawyers and the ncaa have found a way to make college sports or probably football and MBB and some other things to a far far smaller degree all about money

so anyway if it is about the money, then good luck baylor!! i hope you get a huge payday!! but if it is about the nba well i am sorry, i love baylor!! but he is NOT a better player than wolters or daum or benson or mooney or konchar. none of those GREAT players made it in any big way or made it at all in the nba. and moving to a different school and different league WILL NOT MAKE A TINY DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE

the jacks will be absolutely totally fine!!! they have had many many great players come and go and they continue to have an amazing mbb program year after year!!! but if they are going to become just another one and done or two and done place like the rest of college basketball..... well i dont even know what but it will not be the same in the worst possible way!!!

and if it is gonna go this way, is it just a matter of time until the money grubbers will ruin wbb and everything else?? or have they decided that football and mbb are where the money is at and they do not care about the rest?

so i hope it all works out for baylor. and truly if he is going for the money, i cannot blame him!!! but he is the FIRST player we have ever lost when he really had no reason to go (school, sports, team, teammate wise) and while that door might have been opened eventually, if that is the path mbb is on, the player who opened that door is going to be remembered with at least a mildly harsh light.
          I agree that it takes away from the fan experience. Appears to be coming more like Juco bb, where a new team is developed each year, basically. Then you become a casual fan. Wonder if he's worried about the new transfer stealing some thunder.

Comment

• The sky isn't falling the sun will rise and set. I don't fault the kid for exercising all options. I still think there's a better than 50% chance he returns. If not there's plenty of young talent coming in along with Mors...and to add to that thought zero chance Baylor is looking to leave because he's concerned Mors will overshadow him. If anything Mors being here would be a big draw for him to return to Brookings.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
              All the reason why SDSU needs to get into the valley
              Stop it, that isn’t going to happen. Our future is West.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Stop it, that isn’t going to happen. Our future is West.
                And it wouldn't make much difference in regards to this. Recently saw that AJ Green from UNI hit the portal as well.

Comment

• Show me a level where this is not happening. Outside of the top 10-15 programs we’re all just seats in a game of musical chairs now.

Someone mentioned above that this should only make us appreciate what we have in SDSU WBB more. Elite and stable. That is special. Honestly I’d be fine with funding from other programs being funneled there because this portal/NIL stuff is a mess that’s only going to get worse.

Comment

• I can definitively say that I do not agree with people on here and other places saying that the transfer portal is the right the thing to do for the athletes. I say BS. The transfer portal is a joke will do nothing but hurt college sports. There has to be some sort of commitment when you sign to play at a university. If there is a coaching change, I 100% agree that any player recruited by that coach should have the opportunity to explore other options without penalty. If there is mutual agreement between a coach and an athlete that something like playing time is not going to happen, leave without penalty. Outside of that, there has to at least a year penalty for leaving otherwise the NLI they signed is nothing more than a piece of toilet paper.

Athletes are not being penalized by honoring their commitment. They can still get there degree and if good enough, make some cash at a lower level than P5 through NIL. For folks that think the the portal is a good thing, we'll see you think over the next few years when we lose more athletes leaving for better opportunities. Look at both Football and MB, this is just the beginning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                      The sky isn't falling the sun will rise and set. I don't fault the kid for exercising all options. I still think there's a better than 50% chance he returns. If not there's plenty of young talent coming in along with Mors...and to add to that thought zero chance Baylor is looking to leave because he's concerned Mors will overshadow him. If anything Mors being here would be a big draw for him to return to Brookings.
                      could not agree more!!

Comment

... so anyway if it is about the money, then good luck baylor!! i hope you get a huge payday!! but if it is about the nba well i am sorry, i love baylor!! but he is NOT a better player than wolters or daum or benson or mooney or konchar. none of those GREAT players made it in any way or made it at all in the nba. and moving to a different school and different league WILL NOT MAKE A TINY DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE. ...
                        John Konchar currently plays in the NBA for the Memphis Grizzlies and makes $2.2 million a year. That's not too bad.

This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                          I can definitively say that I do not agree with people on here and other places saying that the transfer portal is the right the thing to do for the athletes. I say BS. The transfer portal is a joke will do nothing but hurt college sports. There has to be some sort of commitment when you sign to play at a university. If there is a coaching change, I 100% agree that any player recruited by that coach should have the opportunity to explore other options without penalty. If there is mutual agreement between a coach and an athlete that something like playing time is not going to happen, leave without penalty. Outside of that, there has to at least a year penalty for leaving otherwise the NLI they signed is nothing more than a piece of toilet paper.

Athletes are not being penalized by honoring their commitment. They can still get there degree and if good enough, make some cash at a lower level than P5 through NIL. For folks that think the the portal is a good thing, we'll see you think over the next few years when we lose more athletes leaving for better opportunities. Look at both Football and MB, this is just the beginning.
                          totally agree with this also!!!!

i have said that i understand the athletes using the tools that are in place to take care of themselves. and NO DOUBT in the past the athletes have been somewhat underappreciated - IN MANY PLACES BUT NOT ALL!!!

but the portal is an absolute joke! and if the system continues as currently set up. everyone involved is eventually going to lose

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

John Konchar currently plays in the NBA for the Memphis Grizzlies and makes $2.2 million a year. That's not too bad.
                            nope you are right!! not too bad!!

i think some of the other players i mentioned might be in the league also. and as i also said in that post, i really DO NOT watch the nba, so maybe i am more wrong than i thought.

is konchar actually playing? or just on the roster. and still 2.2 mill is good pay no matter what role he has

but while maybe i am more wrong than i know, i doubt it. and i think you see my point. i dont think most of them anyway are thriving in the nba. i still think baylor is borderline at best to make any significant contribution in the nba. and i still maintain that if he can play there they will find him. and what you say about konchar only proves that

Comment

I am pretty sure this kind of crap is why coach K and coach Wright decided to hang up their whistles. and it is just more of the progression that made me stop watching the nba and pretty much all college sports except for the rabbits

Agreed on the NBA part of this. If that is what he's transferring for, that's bad advice.

If however, it's for NIL money or playing for a Blue Blood, then it's a good move. There isn't a school in the nation (yes, even the Duke's and the Kentucky's) that wouldn't make room for Baylor, the question would really come down to what role they'd have him in.

Sad to hear he's leaving (not going to tease myself with "technically he could come back"), but I'm glad I got to see him in a Jackrabbit uniform for 3 years. Don't fault him for his decision and wish him nothing but the best. He represented the University with class while he was here.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

• Its sad to see Baylor go but you can't blame him for chasing his dream. The current transfer rules and NIL opportunities make that all too easy to happen.

One could argue that the transfer portal has been very good to Jacks MBB. There have been a lot of impactful players that have come to us via portal. There is no reason why that shouldn't continue. We have a good thing going and that will continue to attract good players.

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X