No announcement yet.

Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Baylor but there’s something not right about ditching the school that developed you into the player you are today without a coaching change or something else.

I know this is the nature of college sports now. Good luck to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Love Baylor but there’s something not right about ditching the school that developed you into the player you are today without a coaching change or something else.

I know this is the nature of college sports now. Good luck to him.
      He more than likely has been told that he needs to prove himself against a higher level of competition to have any chance of being drafted next year. He has to transfer if that's the case.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

• Not mad, but it's just disheartening. Have one of the best seasons in team history, reloaded for next year, then this happens at the 12th hour.

Comment

• Well, at least you didn't shout it out! I just received a forward of the same tweet (looks like Scheierman retweeted his own news) from a guy named Jonathan Givony saying "Baylor Scheierman, Summit League payer of the year and arguably the best mid-major player in college basketball, will enter the NCAA transfer portal, a source told ESPN. He is currently testing the NBA draft waters."

Darn. I'd like to see him play another year wearing Yellow and Blue.

Matt Mors is going to be a real valuable addition to the Jackrabbits roster.

I loved watching Scheierman play and will keep my fingers crossed that he'll be back next year; but, if he isn't, we'll be fine with the coaching staff and roster we have.

Comment

• If you listen closely, you can hear the P5 schools loading cash on to the NIL trucks.

Comment

• Would have to go to a top 25 ranked team imho to have a chance to show what he can do out of the summit league. I just worry his roll will change and not fit his style of play. He can rack up points assists and rebounds here, other schools might look at him as just a shooter.

thankful this isnt something we deal with on a consistent basis.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• I mean it sucks as fans but this is college sports now. The transfer portal is valuable to athletes and I think it is the right thing to have, but between NIL and free transferring, it is going to be really difficult to keep elite players no matter how much of a part we had in developing them into who they are. Baylor is looking out for himself and I hope it works for him. Once a Jack, always a Jack, in my mind at least.

Comment

• We still have, Arians, dent, easly, apple, mayo, mims, plus lien and mors trasfering in. Still not a bad team. Also maybe there is the next transfer we get. Wilson and apple turned out pretty good. Maybe we have our eye on someone in the portal who could still make a difference next year, along with what ever the freshman contribute.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• A few years ago losing a talent like him would hurt a ton. Now it's just "next man up." They have an embarrassment of riches and now Mayo can take over running the show.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

• I've stayed mostly silent watching the gutting of the league this offseason. If this continues, I can see a reality where I don't follow college basketball as closely. We will likely continue to be looked like as the P5 minor leagues and while SDSU will likely not be affected to the level other programs have based on the culture, having the league gutted regularly will make improving the league (and our reputation in return) increasingly difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        I've stayed mostly silent watching the gutting of the league this offseason. If this continues, I can see a reality where I don't follow college basketball as closely. We will likely continue to be looked like as the P5 minor leagues and while SDSU will likely not be affected to the level other programs have based on the culture, having the league gutted regularly will make improving the league (and our reputation in return) increasingly difficult.
                        This is why it is very easy to get behind women's basketball here. We have an extremely successful head coach who seems very content to stay in Brookings, and we recruit local talent who buy into our system and don't look to jump ship every year. I just don't understand how you can have a long term vision for a program when you always have the possibility of kids leaving every year.

Comment

• I think one more year at sdsu would be in his best interest and evaluate the draft stock from there. A change in scenery is a massive risk that in a team sport often times doesn’t work out with so incredibly many moving and changing pieces around you. He won’t be drafted on raw athleticism so that then requires some eye popping numbers - a huge question mark to obtain at a power 5 with more talented teammates and competition as well as a new system. Take that risk if it looks like you wouldn’t be drafted after what should be an amazing year next year at sdsu imo. Not fun as a fan but these players do need to do what’s best for their financial interests when at his level but a fair chance for Baylor that could be at sdsu next year.

Comment

• Hopefully, if Baylor doesn't get drafted, he'll decide to stick around and play for the Jacks another season and have a great year. For a transfer to be worthwhile, it would seem that he'd have to slide immediately into a starting role and star for a top-level team. A sideways move would be a waste of time.
                            Last edited by Jacked_Up; 04-25-2022, 04:33 PM.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              Hopefully, if Baylor doesn't get drafted, he'll decide to stick around and play for the Jacks another season and have a great year. For a transfer to be worthwhile, it would seem that he'd have to slide immediately into a starting role and star for a top-level team. A sideways move would be a waste of time.
                              He would need to withdraw his name from the draft to come back. If he keeps his name in and goes undrafted his college days are done.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

• A K-State guard who was first team All-Big 12 just got an $800,000 NIL package over 2 years to transfer to Miami. I don't think Baylor gets that kind of money, but it wouldn't be surprising if he gets six-figure NIL offers, which would be more than he would get as a second round draft pick. I think many will be surprised when we see the list of interested schools.

Comment

Working...
                                X