Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Stats can be hard to find for high school players (at least cumulative season stats). It's even tougher when a player is at a prep school like Lien, but he did dominate at a small school level his junior year (24pgg, 11 rpg, 4 apg, 2 bpg according to his hudl junior highlight video).

With Mayo, I know his team was really good in the largest class in Kansas, nearly going undefeated in the regular season before losing a close one in the state semi-finals. Kansas-Sports.com has Zeke Mayo as the 12th leading scorer in Kansas at 22.5 ppg, but I haven't seen any of his other stats. His video makes him look more like a true point guard more-so than a combo guard.
    Mayo scored 29 points ( all the points his team scored ) in the 4th quarter in their semi-final loss.

Comment

29 points in one 8-minute quarter.... it’s going to be hard to redshirt that kind of scoring ability. Will be interesting to see how they handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Mayo scored 29 points ( all the points his team scored ) in the 4th quarter in their semi-final loss.
        http://www.kansascity.com/sports/hig...249875423.html

Comment

wow they had 63 total. quarters 1, 2, 3 he had 12 of their 34. still over a third but it appears he was trying to get others involved/ waiting for his teammates. those qualities will fit well!!

Comment

Zeke Mayo is very exciting.

Comment

Here is a Nebraska walk-on who enters the portal. He is familiar with Baylor. 6'6" g/f
              https://www.cornnation.com/2021/3/14...ransfer-portal
              https://twitter.com/playforhim3/stat...D&refsrc=email
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

From Nebraska prep expert Mike Sautter - "Three schools to watch as now former Nebraska F Akol Arop transfer destinations.... Drake, Omaha and South Dakota State." 2019 Nebraska Gatorade Player of the Year. Former teammate of Charlie Easley. 6'5 forward who sat out this season because of arthroscopic knee surgery. Would likely know Baylor as well.

Comment

Akol Arop - 2020-21 - Men's Basketball - University of Nebraska (huskers.com) Would be a great addition. Also, if TJ gets the Iowa State job as expected I wonder what Jenkins and Grill will do? Ironic as Grill decommits from SDSU when TJ leaves and then goes to Iowa State and transfers to UNLV. Does he follow TJ back to Iowa State? What a soap opera!

Comment

Mfum has announced he is transferring. Hope the best for him, seems like a good kid

https://twitter.com/datboyshifty/sta...127222784?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                      Mfum has announced he is transferring. Hope the best for him, seems like a good kid

Not surprising. Hope he goes somewhere that gives him a great experience both on and off the court.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Not surprising. Hope he goes somewhere that gives him a great experience both on and off the court.
                        Everyone getting an extra year of eligibility is great for most players, but is tough for freshmen like Mfum who need playing time to improve, but will now have the half dozen guards above him on the depth chart still here for 2 or 3 more seasons. Then you add a three star recruit coming in, which makes future minutes even harder to come by. So you can't fault the young man for wanting to find a new home and get some playing time. Best of luck to him - he seems to be a high character person.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post

Is this the 2nd scholarship opening from current roster?
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Is this the 2nd scholarship opening from current roster?
                            Haven't heard anything about anyone else not returning. The question mark would be Buchanan, who opted out after fall semester. Not sure if that means he is still on campus and just chose not to play, or if he took the semester off from school as well. He is still listed on the roster, which is at 11 after removing Mfum. Adding in the two incoming freshmen would put us at the scholarship limit of 13.

Comment

Wilson and Buchanon don't count against the scholly limits next year is my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                                Wilson and Buchanon don't count against the scholly limits next year is my understanding.
                                But it is nice to think about them being included for the future of scholarship limits. COVID will affect schools for years to come just because of scholarships. If everyone has an extra year, how long do schools get to go over on scholarships? What about schools that can't afford to give out more scholarships? This doesn't seem like something that blows over after a year or two. If the Jacks can get down to the limit next year it will be more beneficial down the road for the program.
                                Rollin' in my 5.0
                                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X