GDT: SDSU(1) vs Omaha(8) 5:45pm@Pentagon ESPN+/Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU(1) vs Omaha(8) 5:45pm@Pentagon ESPN+/Midco

Omaha had a less successful season than expected. Pile and company still have some talent even though they have been dinged up some this year. Coach Hansen was able to get this group past Denver for the last spot in the conference tourney. The empty arena is a guessing game for any effect on the emotion for the players. Although, some of the teams will not notice the difference of circumstance. Jackrabbits should have a bit of motivation for not underestimating an opponent in the opening SLT game. Hendo and crew should have the team focused for this game. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

I have the Jacks as the slight favorites, bur USD, Oral Roberts, and NDSU are all really good this year as well. I was happy to see the Summit League have more good teams this year. Even UND and UMKC could win it if they are on. Wish I could be there!

Comment

i think i would say as the teams are currently configured that ORU is the most talented team and i think if i were making odds they would be a slight favorite with the jacks, usd, and ndsu in basically a dead heat in the next spot. und and umkc are not quite the same leve as those 4 but they definitely have the talent to win the tourney if they get hot or get some breaks.

i think the men just got a big wakeup call as they prepare for tonights game, omaha is far from a gimme but i do think the jacks fellas can play less than their best and still win today, UNLESS the mavs have 2 nearly perfect games today. the mavs women just played a game reminiscent of the 1985 villanova wildcats. if the men can repeat such a performance then the jacks better be ready to be perfect.

after today, if the jacks make it to the semis, i think they will need to play 2 games very very close to best that they are capable of, regardless of what two opponents they see.

i really do believe that the pentagon is a difficult place to shoot. not sure what is the reason but i believe it is true. perhaps that helps against a team like ORU, who can score without the 3 but they are definitely in the habit of dropping a lot of threes

Comment

Haven't seen for sure that Ruffin and Tut are still injured, but Omaha will have a more difficult time if they don't play. Get Pile in foul trouble and the Mavs have a long night.

Comment

Hope wilson dent and apple are ready to go down low. And schierman and arians dont turn it over.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Hope wilson dent and apple are ready to go down low. And schierman and arians dont turn it over.
            Let's hope so. Douglas hasn't practiced much/at all this week. Was told he couldn't play if the games were before today. Was told he is able to go tonight though?

Comment

Glad to see him out there!

Comment

Jacks need to enter it into the post EVERY possession.

Comment

Strong finish to the half. Wilson looking really solid which is great to see.

Comment

Even being up 9 at the break, we played better than the score. Omaha was shooting out of their mind there for a while, as most were tough, contested shots that just fell despite them not being a good shooting team.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

I like the Omaha foul situation. Put Wilson to work in the second half and they’ll likely run out of people to guard him.

An anonymous reserve with an interesting haircut shows up and single handedly carries Omaha in the first half. It’s definitely March.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                        Glad to see him out there!
                        What is his issue ? I think I remember them saying something last weekend about tweaking his back.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

What is his issue ? I think I remember them saying something last weekend about tweaking his back.
                          Yes, lower back.

Comment

Here we go! Things are clicking now on both ends of the floor. Great to see!

Comment

Jacks are playing pretty dang well. Omaha is getting hurt by their lack of size

Comment

Working...
                              X