early in the week tourney thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early in the week tourney thoughts

well this will be our 3rd tourney/ showcase in the pentagon. 1st time we win 1 game. 2nd time we win 2 games. 3rd time we win......... lets hope that pattern continues)))

i only wish it could be that simple, but i do not suspect that it will be. i would never take anything for granted but i think uno will be the most comfortable 1st round matchup we have had in last few years. that being said M Pile has always played well against us and they do have other weapons and they are coming off of a weekend sweep on the road.

if it is ORU in semi that is really a tough matchup. i have always felt that the pentagon is not a friendly place for shooters. idk what all reasons are but at the very least the rims have always seemed hard and unfriendly. hopefully our VERY VERY improved post play in last few weeks means that we will not have need to rely on perimeter shooting, but at least we have some shooters who have had success there this year. hopefully that and unfamiliarity for ORU and their 11+ made 3s per game will be a good combo for the jacks. any chance abmas can declare for the draft after the season)) haha really not looking forward to facing him any more, but hopefully he will not be as comfortable at the pentagon as he was at the mabee center

my guess is ndsu comes out of the other half, but TOUGH first round match with UMKC for them, if the refs allow UMKC to foul on every possession or at least most of them, they could be very difficult to deal with. interesting to see what happens with mckissic. interesting there has been really ZERO word why he did not play. anyway ndsu appears to be fully healthy and at full strength. if mckissic is out and seeds hold, they could face 3 teams that definitely are NOT. hopefully wingett is healthy enough to be a positive factor. at the moment we have a 7 man rotation.

i know many of you will be concerned about getting tired playing 3 games in 4 days. i really am not. we do, however, have a little tendency to get into some foul challenges and with only 2 on the bench, that could cause significant trouble. the other 2 obviously are not ready to contribute. they have had all year to show readiness in practice and for whatever reason are obviously not there yet.

as i stated on the other thread, i hope there will be NO MORE injuries for ANY team!!! i hope this will be a tournament where each team brings the best that they have and the games come down to who makes the most plays or the last play, as opposed to which team makes the fewest mistakes.

i think this could be a really good and interesting tourney. we have at least 4 VERY good teams and another 1 or 2 who are close to that if not already there as well. next year could be an incredible year for the summit league. if everyone stays, i think we will see in OOC games next year that it is maybe the most talent in the league in long time. anyway could be a real competitive and fun SLT!! GO RABBITS!!

On the radio/YouTube show last night AJ mentioned almost in passing that there was talk that the players families will be allowed into the Pentagon. If that turns out to be true, I am glad for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagwabbitt View Post
      On the radio/YouTube show last night AJ mentioned almost in passing that there was talk that the players families will be allowed into the Pentagon. If that turns out to be true, I am glad for that.
      It is likely about 50 per team.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

It is likely about 50 per team.
        Is the summit league going to allow the rest of the leagues players parents to sit in the lower section or just the SDSU parents?
        Last edited by SanDakotaState; 03-02-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Listened to the Rabbit Rundown podcast this morning and they had Brad Newitt on to talk the tournament. Really good conversation with him! https://t.co/ttWleKnzwx?amp=1

Comment

Really going to be interesting! I could see the men winning the whole thing, or losing in the Semis.

Nothing for granted this season, for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X