Regular Season Champs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regular Season Champs

Congrats to Hendo, Klink, the coaches, and the players on being the regular season Summit League Champions

When the season started this is where Jacks fans thought they would end up finishing. However, it was quite a regular season. The team overcame a lot of adversity to end up as champs. From COVID game cancellations, schedule changes, injuries, and Freidel stepping back, there has never been a season like it.

Pretty impressive achievement! Now, all the post-season goals they have are still in front of them.

Best of luck to both teams in Sioux Falls!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

congratulations to players and coaches and everyone involved!!! way to face all the challenges this season has put in front of you and come out on top!!

on to the tourney) best wishes to all the participants, hopefully every team can remain healthy the rest of the way!! hopefully every team can play to the best of their ability and the true champion prevails!! lets go RABBITS!!!

best wishes and prayers to AJP!! obviously i know i have been talking about injuries recently. if you have read all that it is obvious that my point was NEVER wanting other teams to have injuries!! just want the jacks to STOP having so many!! i appreciated B Scheierman twitter message to AJP very much!! stated that rivalry does NOT matter you NEVER want to see what happened to AJP wishing him the best and sending prayers. i could not agree more!! excellent bball player having an excellent year. hope he is back at full strength very soon, but maybe he could transfer back to augie or something))) not looking forward to lot more games against him!))

Comment

Saw some ignorant comments from fans to the south on us winning this. Conference coaches agreed earlier in the season the title would be granted by winning percentage. I’d also like to point out our conference games that were canceled were due to other teams testing positive/calling off games along with the fact that those teams were often at the bottom of the conference. Kudos to our team for overcoming their own adversity and winning this. Hope they can win it all next week as well.

Comment

ignorant people often are known to make ignorant comments. and there is a real epidemic of ignorance going on down south, pretty much always has been and no reason to expect that it will change going forward. i do not expect any vaccine for that. no need to even attempt debating with them because it is impossible to argue with stupid

Comment

Pretty big deal to win this, with losing Noah halfway through the season.

Good for them.

Love the way, we played down the stretch. Won 1 in Fargo, which is always tough (when Doug played poor), and came close in another when NDSU couldn't miss in the 1st half.

Post play has been awesome the last 2 games against UMKC. Lets hope we can continue to punish people inside.

Hope David's Ankle is healed up and ready to go. Just gives us some more depth, and a bit more size. (when Charlie/Mimsy/Ariens are out there together... we're REEALLY SMALL).

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
            Saw some ignorant comments from fans to the south on us winning this. Conference coaches agreed earlier in the season the title would be granted by winning percentage. I’d also like to point out our conference games that were canceled were due to other teams testing positive/calling off games along with the fact that those teams were often at the bottom of the conference. Kudos to our team for overcoming their own adversity and winning this. Hope they can win it all next week as well.
            And their game with ORU got canceled because a USD staff person tested positive. If they play and win that game, it's a tie and they win the tie-breaker. That isn't SDSU's fault.

Comment

FYI the NIT will be all at large teams. Regular season champs aren’t automatically in the NIT this year. Also only 16 teams not 32.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                FYI the NIT will be all at large teams. Regular season champs aren’t automatically in the NIT this year. Also only 16 teams not 32.
                And all the games will be in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.

Comment

Also saw a tweet (I think from the Mens BB Program) that they have won 7 of the last 9 regular season titles. (or shared, obviously)

We are ridiculously spoiled as a fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                    Translation: Only the big schools will be invited to try and maximize tournament revenue. NCAA Tournament or nothing for the Summit League tournament champ

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                      saw some ignorant comments? Just 10 days ago there were a few of you posting that USD wouldn’t play NDSU because we wanted the highest percentage for the #1 seed. I posted at that point that we would rather play and lose than not play and back in for the 1 seed. A couple of you agreed. But now the tables turned. SDSU has backed into the #1 seed and suddenly it’s great. To the few that blasted the Coyotes predicting we would not play you were wrong. Look at the Summit League MBB forum and the post on 2/21 if you don’t believe me.

Had we not played we would’ve been the #1 seed. And we still would have AJ. We did play and we split. Not sure how the final game would’ve gone if AJ hadn’t been injured. We won’t know. I personally think we are in trouble but who knows. Maybe our guys will go the extra mile knowing AJ won’t be playing. I don’t think we can win it now.

Lastly, just so none of us get to puffed up chests about the regular season, there isn’t a regular season Champ this year. Standings and the percentage rule is for seeding only.

My hope is we play you for the marbles. No NDSU. Coach Henderson has done a great job. TJ told me he was gonna be a great coach.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

Lastly, just so none of us get to puffed up chests about the regular season, there isn’t a regular season Champ this year. Standings and the percentage rule is for seeding only.
                        Fact check:

The Summit League gives this four "'Yotenocchios" --. "fourth straight regular season tile" is "fourth straight regular season title" (chest puffery notwithstanding)

Comment

Congrats to the squad. Well played

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

saw some ignorant comments? Just 10 days ago there were a few of you posting that USD wouldn’t play NDSU because we wanted the highest percentage for the #1 seed. I posted at that point that we would rather play and lose than not play and back in for the 1 seed. A couple of you agreed. But now the tables turned. SDSU has backed into the #1 seed and suddenly it’s great. To the few that blasted the Coyotes predicting we would not play you were wrong. Look at the Summit League MBB forum and the post on 2/21 if you don’t believe me.

Had we not played we would’ve been the #1 seed. And we still would have AJ. We did play and we split. Not sure how the final game would’ve gone if AJ hadn’t been injured. We won’t know. I personally think we are in trouble but who knows. Maybe our guys will go the extra mile knowing AJ won’t be playing. I don’t think we can win it now.

My hope is we play you for the marbles. No NDSU. Coach Henderson has done a great job. TJ told me he was gonna be a great coach.
                            Go whine on your own board. Nobody but a couple people here cares what you have to say. However, i could care less if we won the regular season any year. Its always what happens in the Summit Tourney. I feel bad for AJP. We have our own injuries and other issues as well. And im sure other teams have some injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

Go whine on your own board. Nobody but a couple people here cares what you have to say. However, i could care less if we won the regular season any year. Its always what happens in the Summit Tourney. I feel bad for AJP. We ,.have our own injuries and other issues as well. And im sure other teams have some injuries.
                              Yoteforever is a good guy. I guess I am one of few who cares what he has to say. This has been a difficult year, we are playing football in February and the Summit tourney without fans. It was indeed unfortunate about AJP injury. I hope he recovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X