more thoughts about the extra year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more thoughts about the extra year

i know there have been lots of questions about this extra year situation, and i do not really feel like this needs a new thread, but i did not want to get off topic on the D wilson thread. thinking about him and other seniors caused me look at this extra year situation in a way that i had not before. what about a player like AA, who is a redshirt junior and is elgible to be a grad transfer? could somebody go some place as a grad transfer and still have 2 years? my guess is NO. i guess they are say that this year does not count, therefore someone like AA will still be a junior next year and NOT elgible to be a grad transfer, regardless of the fact that he has graduated academically. i am NOT suggesting AA would leave. i really doubt that he would if my thought process is accurate, there will be NO grad transfers next year except those who already are this year like H greer and they have the option of another year.

i am also guessing that seniors who did not choose to transfer this year, will not get a second bite at this particular apple, but i do not know that for sure.

Imagine our entire current roster coming back next year along with adding Zeke Mayo and Broden Lien!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Imagine our entire current roster coming back next year along with adding Zeke Mayo and Broden Lien!
      Zeke seems like he could play early. It would be nice to have another big on the roster like Broden too or is he more of a stretch 4?
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
        i know there have been lots of questions about this extra year situation, and i do not really feel like this needs a new thread, but i did not want to get off topic on the D wilson thread. thinking about him and other seniors caused me look at this extra year situation in a way that i had not before. what about a player like AA, who is a redshirt junior and is elgible to be a grad transfer? could somebody go some place as a grad transfer and still have 2 years? my guess is NO. i guess they are say that this year does not count, therefore someone like AA will still be a junior next year and NOT elgible to be a grad transfer, regardless of the fact that he has graduated academically. i am NOT suggesting AA would leave. i really doubt that he would if my thought process is accurate, there will be NO grad transfers next year except those who already are this year like H greer and they have the option of another year.

i am also guessing that seniors who did not choose to transfer this year, will not get a second bite at this particular apple, but i do not know that for sure.
        basically when looking at players going forward with eligibility this year doesn't matter. if you had 2 years going into the year you have 2 years next year too

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Just remember ... same thing applies to every other team in Summitt?

Speaking of which when does St Thomas join the conference?

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post

This summer will commence their five-year DI transition

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post

Right, it’s not like a team will necessarily be way ahead if their all-conference level seniors come back. Having one leave, however, will likely do more damage than normal because everyone else will have an experienced roster. Have we heard of any impact seniors (women or men) that are going to move on in the Summit?

The head transfer aspect of the extra year will be really interesting too. Suddenly there will be way more graduated players than normal with the ability to go wherever they want for the extra year.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Right, it’s not like a team will necessarily be way ahead if their all-conference level seniors come back. Having one leave, however, will likely do more damage than normal because everyone else will have an experienced roster. Have we heard of any impact seniors (women or men) that are going to move on in the Summit?

The head transfer aspect of the extra year will be really interesting too. Suddenly there will be way more graduated players than normal with the ability to go wherever they want for the extra year.
                There is an article on the USD athletic dept. website about Umude and his pro aspirations. Sounds like he hasn't made up his mind yet. Something new that might affect his decision would be the severity of Plitzuweit's injury and his availability for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Zeke seems like he could play early. It would be nice to have another big on the roster like Broden too or is he more of a stretch 4?
                  To me, Broden seems like a small forward/power forward. Handles the ball really well, and can shoot. Even though he is 6’8”, he seems like he can guard the perimeter well.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                    To me, Broden seems like a small forward/power forward. Handles the ball really well, and can shoot. Even though he is 6’8”, he seems like he can guard the perimeter well.
                    Reminds me of Jordan Dykstra.

Comment

Working...
                    X