Friedel Sitting Out Remainder of Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friedel Sitting Out Remainder of Season

Wow. Friedel will be sitting out to remainder of the season to focus on his mental health. Tough blow to the team but I really hope that young man can get himself better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough to see him have to sit out but his mental health is the most important thing and nobody will ever disagree with that. Wish him the best and hope this time off allows him to get better. So much pressure on these young athletes, not only from your own school but from the rest of the state when you are a local kid.

Comment

Best wishes to Noah. Happy to hear he recognized the issue and prioritized taking care of it.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Best Wishes to Noah.

Comment

Best of luck to Noah! Stay safe, get healthy and come back better than ever! No matter what the future brings, you'll always be treasured as a Jackrabbit.
          Last edited by Jacked_Up; 02-17-2021, 08:36 PM.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Glad to hear people are very understanding of Noah. Admitting to this stuff is not easy, and he had to do it way more publicly than most. Super proud of him for admitting he needs to take care of himself first. Hope to see you in better health next season, Noah!
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
              Tough to see him have to sit out but his mental health is the most important thing and nobody will ever disagree with that. Wish him the best and hope this time off allows him to get better. So much pressure on these young athletes, not only from your own school but from the rest of the state when you are a local kid.
              I echo everything that has been said about Noah and wish him nothing but the best. Unfortunately, it's not just young athletes that have depression and other problems. All age groups from young kids to seniors have developed issues either caused by the pandemic, or that existed before and have been made worse by the isolation it's caused. Hopefully, maybe hearing about someone that has a higher profile and is getting help will encourage others to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I echo everything that has been said about Noah and wish him nothing but the best. Unfortunately, it's not just young athletes that have depression and other problems. All age groups from young kids to seniors have developed issues either caused by the pandemic, or that existed before and have been made worse by the isolation it's caused. Hopefully, maybe hearing about someone that has a higher profile and is getting help will encourage others to do the same.

This is a empathetic post. There are apparently issues in his life that most of us have never dealt with. Noah is a very competitive person. I wish him well and hope to see him next season. A very talented basketball player and a fine young man.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 02-18-2021, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  This is a empathetic post. There are apparently issues in his life that most of us have never dealt with. Noah is a very competitive person. I wish him well and hope to see him next season. A very talented basketball player and a fine young man.
                  I am curious to know if he took a break from studies too. Years ago SDSU had a certain date to drop a course and not be penalized in any way. Seems like that date for spring semester would fall about now. For full recovery, a break from studies would make sense. I hope he did that.

Comment

Best wishes to him, in this pandemic year hopefully academic drops for any health related reason will get the broadest possible acceptance. These are trying times.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                      Best wishes to him, in this pandemic year hopefully academic drops for any health related reason will get the broadest possible acceptance. These are trying times.
                      With these kind issues, how can he begin to concentrate. I am reminded of Jimmy Piersall and his book Fear Strikes Out. He went through some troubled times. Do a Wiki on him. It is interesting reading.

Comment

Think back to when you were in your late teens early twenties (and maybe in college). How would you have handled this current situation with Rona? And now here are student athletes who are dealing with that along with schooling and sports. Glad he knew he needed some time to work things out.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                        X