Travel issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel issues

How does everyone think the Jacks (men) will handle not getting back to Brookings until today with a short turn around and game Friday night?

Originally posted by jackrabbitfan! View Post
    How does everyone think the Jacks (men) will handle not getting back to Brookings until today with a short turn around and game Friday night?
    If not getting back until Tuesday affects 18-22 year old kids for a game on Friday, I don't know what to say...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      If not getting back until Tuesday affects 18-22 year old kids for a game on Friday, I don't know what to say...

This is my sentiment as well!

Comment

Being on a bus and not being able to move around for two days after playing two games in two days certainly wouldn't help recovery time.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post

As a 26 year old I don’t think asking kids to play on 2 days rest and 3 days of travel is ideal for anyone at any age. Now to play a rival in probably the most important 2 games of the year is kind of a big deal

Comment

well i will agree with you that these are probably the 2 most important games of the season at this point. other games, however, were very big in the moment they were played, such as ISU, Bradley, WVU, Utah St and i could go on, including the games we just played. these games will be the last chance in the regular season, to put together back to back good games against a good team. so, surely it is less than ideal to spend unexpected additional time traveling. but i have said before that SDSU is a place that prioritizes the person, the student, and then the athlete. i have had MANY former athletes of mine, who were recruited by different schools and there is ZERO question in my mind that SDSU is in the small percentage that TRULY cares about the entire person. as former coach advising my high school kids about recruiting, i always told them go to a place that wants you to grow as a human, wants you to be a successful student and get a good education, and wants you to be the best athlete that you can be and to experience success as part of a team. in 20 plus years of coaching, 1000 plus players with probably over 100 recruited at some level, i can honestly say that SDSU is one of the VERY VERY FEW that actually lives out those standards! and for as sick as i get of coming up short against them in football, NDSU is another one!! there are plenty of others in our area and in this conference that cannot truly say that. AND, therefore, as an instutition that wants athletes to grow as people, the adversity they are facing this week is a GREAT opportunity to teach them how to respond when you have a plan and life LAUGHS at your plan and says OH YEAH, well take this!!

they will come through this absolutely fine, and i can even imagine at some point later, somebody might say that trip to and from ORU when everything sucked travel wise is what really brought everything together and made us stronger. maybe not but i definitely think possible.

also they are kids. not a single player played much more, if any, than total of 70 minutes. they are actually MORE closely supervised by coaches and trainers on the road, as opposed to at home, so they are getting more supervision about icing and stretching, etc... NO DOUBT they have film and they are spending time on the bus having meetings about NDSU and watching film, talking game plan, probably doing some visulaizing. there are MANY things they can do without a floor and later when they can get on the floor they will be able to maximize that time. i guess in short, if they do not play their best friday and saturday this will be FAR from the main reason, but yes it is definitely less than ideal, but when does life happen according to OUR ideal plans?? gonna have big big trouble as people and athletes if you are only able to function under ideal conditions

Comment

Working...
            X