GDT: SDSU(10-4) vs USD(11-6) Game 2 7:30pm@Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    31 posts in a game thread with our biggest rival? And half of that is LakeJack and Nidaros bitching about if they know each other or not? No wonder this place is dying.
    Honestly, the board update made it really hard to use and probably hurt the board traffic. I'm glad it is working better and will likely be posting more often again.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Honestly, the board update made it really hard to use and probably hurt the board traffic. I'm glad it is working better and will likely be posting more often again.
      that was part of it for me. Got frustrating enough it was just hard to stick with it as much as i did before. Its working much better and am happy for it. I am fine if there isnt a huge group of people posting though either. Plus no football in the fall, covid, the basketball teams go a month between games doesn't help get people back on board.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Thank You Westside. Some how I appear to Mango as a goat. All I did was respond to Lake Jack comment that he knew me. Most of the regular posters on here, I have no idea of their identity, including Lake Jack who is entitled to his own opinion of Hendo. It was a little hasty in my opinion, as the poor guy (Hendo)said in his press conference that he spent time Friday Night and Saturday studying the game film tells me a great deal about Hendo. They figured out AJP and how to stop him and we all know the final score.
        Btw, the board is working great now. No complaints here.

Comment

I'm hoping that vBulletin will continue to repair the residual suckyness of their version 5 ... there aren't any real good options to move to another kind of board software without significant effort (and probably $ to do database conversion at least.). My unhappiness with vBulletin is slightly less than it was when the version 5 upgrade first went on, but I'm still not particularly happy with them and their software.

Beyond my issues with vBulletin, there is still some clunky behavior of the database (which I actually suspect was caused by the upgrade to vBulletin v.5, but have had no luck convincing them of that) that I think I'd need an SQL database guru at least to try to fix.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The tech issues eventually ran me off too. I visited the USD and NDSU boards way more often than this one for 6 months for Summit/MVFC news.

Hopefully things pick up - without too much of the ridiculous “Hendo can’t win a big game” type ranting.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

The tech issues eventually ran me off too. I visited the USD and NDSU boards way more often than this one for 6 months for Summit/MVFC news.

Hopefully things pick up - without too much of the ridiculous “Hendo can’t win a big game” type ranting.
              That Bisonville is still running on vBulletin 4 does seem to indicate that upgrading to vBulletin 5 was a colossally bad idea. Too late to go back though. Unhappy Filbert.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Basketball is Matchups. I agree with many that SDSU is the better team. But... and take this for what it is worth,

USD is a tough matchup. If Umude can guard Doug 1 on 1, and not got in foul trouble and limit his scoring (like in game 1), they are tough.
                -We have a good shooting team overall, but a lot of that shooting is based off of scoring in the post... forcing teams to double.

And those other 2 bigs, are not phenomenal players, but they are big enough where they can both bother the Luke and Matt inside game.

Now, certainly it will help if Noah shoots a bit better. Certainly Doug can play better than game 1.

But they are a tough match up for us, overall. And much better than I gave them credit for before the season.

After the debacle of the 1st game, it was good to see the guys wake up in the 2nd half. But give the coyotes their due... it's not that hard. They are playing well.

Comment

Working...
                X