GDT: SDSU(10-4) vs USD(11-6) Game 2 7:30pm@Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Baylor is a tough guy. He had 19 points, 8 boards, 9 assists, 2 steals, and 0 turnovers. 3 other starters had double figure points. Easley came off the bench to hound Plitzuweit. Wilson and Dentlinger both looked like they knew the game they were playing when it counted. The players seem to have much more success tonight! It is disappointing when they lose whether to a great team or someone else. It is disappointing that they could not extend the home winning streak. A new streak begins today. Kudos to those who never lose a game that should not be lost. Meanwhile the rest of us will live in a world that has not quite made that turn of perfection and accept those disappointments. If that is a badge of losers, then you can define it as so and harbor the anger of the lingering disappointment. The Jackrabbits made a great comeback against a team many may have thought were more inferior than is real. Go Jacks!!
    Amen agree with all you said

Comment

31 posts in a game thread with our biggest rival? And half of that is LakeJack and Nidaros bitching about if they know each other or not? No wonder this place is dying.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        31 posts in a game thread with our biggest rival? And half of that is LakeJack and Nidaros bitching about if they know each other or not? No wonder this place is dying.
        I think we all understand the lack of sports has hurt the page. I understand the concern but hate the negativity. LakeJack brought enough of that lately. I have an idea, tell you friends that are Jacks fan about the website and get this ring popping again. It only helps grow the passion we all have for SDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Mr. Lee seems to have a great network for recruiting those 6'11". His network connects at Grand Canyon seems to be paying off. I noticed he was really working the refs tonight. I think USD is a tough team to beat. So this win is big.

Be interesting to learn what entices multiple overseas athletes to enroll in program. Their assistant/recruiting coordinator Ahelegbe probably deserves much of the credit

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

I think we all understand the lack of sports has hurt the page. I understand the concern but hate the negativity. LakeJack brought enough of that lately. I have an idea, tell you friends that are Jacks fan about the website and get this ring popping again. It only helps grow the passion we all have for SDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Social media is another reason. Unfortunately, some want to make this more like Twitter and have us believe they're the sole arbiters of doling out participation ribbons and coaching assessments.

Thankfully, there are others who provide more insight and less snark

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Be interesting to learn what entices multiple overseas athletes to enroll in program. Their assistant/recruiting coordinator Ahelegbe probably deserves much of the credit
              No doubt Aheregbe deserves credit, but good recruits are the product of many sources. Lee like Stig never played at college level. A USED grad that truly loves the game. To work the refs like he did, you got to be seeing things that refs did not see. Our guys are not perfect and often break rules. That is why we have referees. USD is lucky to have Lee. I got a feeling, better offers are in his future.

Comment

Assistant Coach Brad Davidson is from Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Thanks I think USD has a great coaching staff. I think back to Duane Clodfelter who had a very capable assistant in Marv Rist. A big difference with additional staffing. We should not feel bad if we lose to USD. Time to take off my red and white glasses.

Comment

Easley's showing one reason he's getting playing time.

Henderson and the other coaches didn't look too happy about USD player heaving ball after time expired and almost hitting them
                    AJP was the players who thought it a good idea to shoot a half court shot when players and coaches on the other team are walking to their locker room. No idea why he thought that was a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

AJP was the players who thought it a good idea to shoot a half court shot when players and coaches on the other team are walking to their locker room. No idea why he thought that was a good idea.
                      cause he mommy’s boy

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

I saw they have a couple Pac Rim players, but I wonder how influence he'd have over the eastern European recruiting. Maybe Kasperbauer developed some connections from playing there

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

It was well after time expired, so if I were a Jacks coach or player, I would've been aggravated too

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

cause he mommy’s boy
                            Sorry, but I wish we left this kind of crap to the yotes board or bisonville. AJP is a damn good player who we'd all love if he was a rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by blue? View Post

Sorry, but I wish we left this kind of crap to the yotes board or bisonville. AJP is a damn good player who we'd all love if he was a rabbit.
                              Yes AJP is a great player. With a parent being a coach certainly does not hurt. I am pleased with Hendo finding a way to shut him down. Hendo spent time watching the game film.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 02-08-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Back to the game...

The first three halves of basketball this weekend were largely forgettable. However, I thought the defensive intensity was there all weekend. The team seemed to lack emotion, energy, or whatever you want to call it. Maybe due to the layoff or whatever.

I saw everything I wanted to see in the second half of the last game. They continued to play hard but there was more to it than that. They were talking to each other on the court and in the huddle. It translated into a very strong second half. if they play that way, they are almost impossible to beat.

A tip of the cap to the Yotes. They came in and played very well. The addition of AJP and others has made them a very competitive team. They did what only a handful of others have done in the decade and that is beat us in our house. They can't be discounted. I hate it but I respect it.

We just have to play Jackrabbit basketball and all will work out.

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X