GDT: SDSU vs WIU 7:30pm @ Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs WIU 7:30pm @ Frost

There will be a bunch of strangers coming to Frost tonight with a revamped team and coaching staff. There are many transfers, grad students, JC transfers, and a sprinkle of freshmen on the roster. The Jackrabbits may see Douglas Wilson and/or Noah Freidel on the floor tonight. Luckily the Leathernecks are still trying to find their identity as the Jackrabbits will need to shake more rust off tonight. Defense will be the key for the win at Frost. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Last year's Lindenwood team was assembled quickly with upper classmen transfers after their coach left in late summer. Coaching staff and team kludged together in September and October from reject juco's and grad students only one freshman and no sophs on roster. Scary mutt team, lucky to go 12-16 Playground basketball, scored 115 in one game and lost.

Comment

Noah Freidel is still suspended
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Jacks with 9 available players. Mims out with sprained ankle.

Comment

It looks like Wilson's foot might be an on-going situation. He dinged it and asked to come out right away. Took his shoe off on the bench, and had it worked on. Came back in and played the last couple minutes of the half. He looked great for not playing for over a month. Arians needs to get it going offensively .Easley had a good half.

Comment

Willie Mfum, dammit. Gimme Willie. BTW-Burrell on WIU has a brother playing for the mutt Lindenwood team I referenced. Central Michigan transfer.

Comment

Disturbing. Even if they pull it out.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                It looks like Wilson's foot might be an on-going situation. He dinged it and asked to come out right away. Took his shoe off on the bench, and had it worked on. Came back in and played the last couple minutes of the half. He looked great for not playing for over a month. Arians needs to get it going offensively .Easley had a good half.
                I was sitting right behind the bench tonight and when Wilson came out and took off his shoe they were working on a blister on the bottom of his foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post

I was sitting right behind the bench tonight and when Wilson came out and took off his shoe they were working on a blister on the bottom of his foot.
                  That sounds a heckuva lot better than the alternative imo...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post

Hendo said on the postgame that he popped a blister. Before that happened, I thought he looked as good as he ever has. And he was still pretty good after it happened. The shot he made from behind the basket as the shot clock was expiring was unbelievable.

Comment

Hendo post game
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1vLwbvp3T0
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Agree, I almost forgot how deadly Wilson was in the paint against Summit defenders.

Hopefully they can tape that blister up for tonight. I don’t like our chances much in game two if we are without Mims, Friedel and only have a 50% Wilson. The team seemed to run out of gas way too soon last night.

Comment

WHY do so many want to believe that they are always running out of gas? these are young men who are among the most elite fit humans on the planet and they play a game that lasts AT MOST 40 minutes and they have a long break in the middle plus timeouts and substitutions, unless they are doing a criminally bad job of conditioning, which is almost impossible with the staff who has one job to make sure that they are properly conditioned, they are not out of shape. some times events and circumstances do not go the way you hope. yesterday game for instance, they were ahead by 20 under 10 minutes to go and they lost focus on some little things and they let the other team get some momentum. i coached hs basketball for over 20 years. there is no excuse for being poorly conditioned. and at the college level they team trainers and multiple individuals who are paid to make sure that they are properly conditioned. these people earn a living, they feed their families, by making sure these athletes are well conditioned. if they had to play games back to back days with only 6 players they should be able to do that. these are young men in early 20s. if they are actually running out of gas somebody should be fired. sorry to rant but i NEVER understood how high school kids could bet tired playing 32 minutes and i do not believe college athletes in today world of college sports run out of gas

Comment

and can we stop the continual calls for Mfum Mfum Mfum please? he appears to be a good athlete, yes! but being built like a truck and being able to dunk does not guarantee that you can be an excellent player. coaches lose jobs when their teams do not succeed. they have NO reason NOT to play the players who give their team the BEST chance to win, consequently those of us who watch ONLY the games and not practice EVERY day probably are NOT better equipped to decide who should play than the coaches are. playing time is earned not given and i think coach henderson has MORE than earned our trust and the benefit of the doubt, that he is able to decide which players have earned the opportunity to be on the floor, and which players give the jacks the best chance to continue to be the incredibly successful basketball program that they have been, basically since the 1960s

Comment

I'm the only one that wanted Mfum and I posted during the Mount Marty game and when the WIU game was a blowout.

Comment

Working...
                              X