Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

He subbed in last night.

Would you prefer he'd play instead of Easley or Mims? Otherwise, you'd give up both size and experience.
    He's bigger than both of those guys so I don't understand your point about size. Also I was just referring to the fact we were down 2 guys and he got no PT. I know nothing about the kid and was just curious what type of player he is and if he's good enough to crack the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post

He's bigger than both of those guys so I don't understand your point about size. Also I was just referring to the fact we were down 2 guys and he got no PT. I know nothing about the kid and was just curious what type of player he is and if he's good enough to crack the rotation.
      That's my point. Unless, you're wanting to sub for either Easley or Mims, you're giving up size. In Mims' case he's more experienced with the Jacks, and Easley's more experienced at the college level.

Comment

Mfum is definitely athletic enough. Watching him during warmups is entertaining as he may be the best dunker on the team. I suspect Easley transferring in probably takes minutes that Mfum might have gotten. It's hard to beat the experience that Mims and Easely have.

Comment

FWIW I think Mfum should get some playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

That's my point. Unless, you're wanting to sub for either Easley or Mims, you're giving up size. In Mims' case he's more experienced with the Jacks, and Easley's more experienced at the college level.
            Mims just isn't that effective on the defensive most of the time, effort is there, effectiveness is another question.

Comment

Re: Freidel, it's disappointing that he made such a blatant dirty play. He can talk to refs under his breath all day for all I care. He's always been subtle about that stuff. But this is obviously a terrible look. SDSU has always been the good guys and never played the villain role, so it's kind of weird now. Love the energy and fire he brings, but just don't punch a guy in the nuts, man. Let Todd Lee be the asshole in the state. He doesn't need any help there.

Also I guess it's not a huge deal, but I've always kind of wished that Hendo would discipline Freidel more privately rather than just not starting him for a game. Whatever minor violations he's making, I'd just prefer it's not known to all of us and handled more internally. Run him to death at practice or something. Now there's this public narrative that it's been building up to an incident like this (which I suppose it has) but I wish us and the media could naively view this is a more isolated incident.

Either way, I hope Noah gets his act together. I'm sure he's embarrassed, which he should be. Probably a heat of the moment deal. But he's too talented and probably a good enough kid to not be doing this and shed bad light on the program.

Also, we'll beat USD by 15 both games in conference. This was a fluke. But still a truly horrible loss come March if we're looking at resumes for March Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Mims just isn't that effective on the defensive most of the time, effort is there, effectiveness is another question.
                This was mentioned a couple of times during yesterday's game. I'm not saying Mfum won't eventually replace Mims, but the staff obviously has reason(s) Mims and Easley are getting the minutes now.

Comment

Playing time for the back-end of the roster was probably the biggest drawback of cutting the number of non-conference games in half. Not having an exhibition game and those 3 or 4 games in Frost that the Jacks would win by 25 + points cut the opportunities for Mfum, Coerneman and Appel (before sitting Wilson forced the coaches to play him) to see the floor. As we saw in Appel's case, finally getting some significant minutes showed that he deserves more time. Unfortunately for the two freshmen guards, it may take injuries or illness for those already in the rotation for them to see the floor.

Comment

Game was extremely disappointing on multiple levels.

I trust Hendo and the coaching staff to get it worked out.

As for Noah... I'm glad there isn't video of the things I did as a 19-20 year old. I'm not excusing it at all. I'm just saying I certainly did dumb things too.

Learn and improve. Get Better.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

As for Noah... I'm glad there isn't video of the things I did as a 19-20 year old. I'm not excusing it at all. I'm just saying I certainly did dumb things too.

I agree with what you are saying d a. And, if the coyote fans think they are a superior institution morally, we can always remind them of the flagrant hit on Adam Anderson a couple years ago at the Dana. Not that it makes anything that happened right, just saying.

Comment

This was a strange game. Umude was unguardable and without Doug our lack of athleticism may of caught up with us. Then Friedel gets goofy and is ejected. The stars seemed to align for USD and hopefully we do not make a habit out of laying eggs in the 3rd game of a 3 game tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Agree with pretty much everything you said. The key for Freidel will be whether he learns from it and improves his sportsmanship (I have no doubt Coach Henderson will demand he do so)

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                            Re: Freidel, it's disappointing that he made such a blatant dirty play. He can talk to refs under his breath all day for all I care. He's always been subtle about that stuff. But this is obviously a terrible look. SDSU has always been the good guys and never played the villain role, so it's kind of weird now. Love the energy and fire he brings, but just don't punch a guy in the nuts, man. Let Todd Lee be the asshole in the state. He doesn't need any help there.

Also I guess it's not a huge deal, but I've always kind of wished that Hendo would discipline Freidel more privately rather than just not starting him for a game. Whatever minor violations he's making, I'd just prefer it's not known to all of us and handled more internally. Run him to death at practice or something. Now there's this public narrative that it's been building up to an incident like this (which I suppose it has) but I wish us and the media could naively view this is a more isolated incident.

Either way, I hope Noah gets his act together. I'm sure he's embarrassed, which he should be. Probably a heat of the moment deal. But he's too talented and probably a good enough kid to not be doing this and shed bad light on the program.

Also, we'll beat USD by 15 both games in conference. This was a fluke. But still a truly horrible loss come March if we're looking at resumes for March Madness.
                            Not much to add here! I too hope Noah learns from this experience and I think he will! Noah has talent! I think this was the low point in his career. His skin will thicken and he should be planning for insults when SDSU heads to Vermin town next year.

Comment

Working...
                            X